Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

Subscribed because I'm still holding out hopes that Obama will dump Biden and pick me as his next VP.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Problem is, lots of people believe in nuclear energy until the time comes to build the plant. No one wants the plant in their backyard.
      I'd take one in my backyard as long as I could charge rent.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Problem is, lots of people believe in nuclear energy until the time comes to build the plant. No one wants the plant in their backyard.
        They can build one in my backyard. Won't bug me a bit. The awesome job I could get working there would be worth it.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          They can build one in my backyard. Won't bug me a bit. The awesome job I could get working there would be worth it.
          And your real estate taxes would go to $0. You'd think you were in Alaska.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Speaking of lowest common denominator, we can count His Highandmightyness and his big a*s wife turning loose their legions of well-informed inner city drones, felons and illegal aliens in November. Can't we?
            Did you see where that monomaniacal food Nazi gave Gabby Douglas some gas for eating an Egg McMuffin? Gabby Douglas, world's best gymnast on the world's best gymnastics team? She needs dietary advice from Moochelle like a frog needs hip pockets.
            Okay then.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have never once thought of Michelle Obama as having a big ***.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                I'm pretty sure I have never once thought of Michelle Obama as having a big ***.
                Pretty sure? You haven't been paying attention under any circumstances.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 08-14-2012, 09:47 PM.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Okay then.
                  Not quite up to the standards of "vampire" "felon" "tax cheat" and "killer." But that cheap Chicago pol's got a much bigger budget than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Rush has the highest ratings in radio. #2 is Savage, #3 is Laura Ingraham, who incidentally is a competitor to Glenn Beck.
                    This is why we have satellite radio, MP3 plays and talking to yourself.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      This is why we have satellite radio, MP3 plays and talking to yourself.
                      Isn't choice great?

Comment

Pretty sure? You haven't been paying attention under any circumstances.
                        Maybe he's a boob dude.

Comment

I told you he's an attention whore: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...87E01F20120815

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            We need some genius scientists to figure out how to go from our current skill with geothermic energy to tapping the Yellowstone Caldera. It's literally going to destroy the country one day, may as well get some use out of it now.

Realistically, someone's going to have to bite the bullet and realize that nuclear (fission, and god willing one day, fusion) is the only answer for a backbone to the power supply. Wind, sun, water can help, and lord knows we don't want nuke plants on fault lines like Japan or on the Gulf coast when the next category 4 or 5 storm comes through.
                            I think energy independence should be the #1 issue for the next Presidential term. However, nuclear isn't the answer as the backbone of the power supply. Natural gas is. If I can remember correctly, the current breakdown of power generation sources in the country is roughly: 35% gas, 30% coal, 20% nuclear, 15% renewables.

Coal needs to go way down because its a major pollutant. However, it always needs to be part of the equation because you need a cheap backup source of power. Bring coal down to 10-15%, idle the plants or run that at lower capacity but make sure they can be brought up to speed if needed.

Renewables (and this includes hydro as well as the usual wind and solar) should be brought up to 20% which given current trends should end up happening anyway.

Nuclear can be brought up higher but there is no way we're going to find 100 places to build that many new nuclear power plants in this country which old geezer McCain was advocating. Might as well say your plan is to harness energy on the moon. Furthermore no bank or insurance company is going to put up the money to build all these things and I'd rather not have the feds building all of them.

Rather the existing plants, which are already connected to the grid, situated with a security perimiter, and who's abutters presumably have made peace with their placement in their neighborhood, are the place to start. Upgrade or expand existing facilities since most of them are 40 years old and perhaps we can squeeze an extra 5-10% of total supply out of them.

So, if coal is 10%, nukes say 25%, renewables 20%, that leaves natural gas as the remaining 45% of the pie. This all massively reduces carbon emissions, creates jobs (gas powered plant switch over, drilling for the stuff, upgrading nuke plants, etc), and gives us a competitive advantage in energy over the Chinas and Europes of the world (natural gas isn't easily transportable so there is little global market unlike oil. Also the US is the world leader in # of nuclear power plants). This still leaves capacity to make natural gas the fuel for long haul trucking and busses which should get us off foreign oil once and for all.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Did you see where that monomaniacal food Nazi gave Gabby Douglas some gas for eating an Egg McMuffin? Gabby Douglas, world's best gymnast on the world's best gymnastics team? She needs dietary advice from Moochelle like a frog needs hip pockets.
                              JAY LENO, HOST: You trained your whole life, you win. How did you celebrate? What did you do?

GABBY DOUGLAS: We didn't have time to celebrate. It was team finals and had to turn the page all-around finals and event finals after that. But, after the competition, I splurged on an Egg McMuffin at McDonald’s.

LENO: Egg McMuffin.

[Laughter]

MICHELLE OBAMA: Yeah, Gabby, we don't, don't encourage him. [Laughter] I'm sure it was on…

DOUGLAS: A salad.

OBAMA: a whole wheat McMuffin.

LENO: It was on a whole wheat bun.

OBAMA: Yeah.

LENO: So an Egg McMuffin. Very good.

[Light laughter]

OBAMA: You're setting me back, Gabby.

DOUGLAS: Sorry.

OBAMA: It's so hard.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz23dMnH2jF
                              Yay reading comprehension.
                              Last edited by French Rage; 08-15-2012, 11:47 AM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Yay reading comprehension.
                                You'll never make it as a radio host if you keep up this accuracy thing.
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X