Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Yeah, that's my agenda, alright. I know if I can hypnotize a couple more people on the USCHO Forum I can sway this election...
    I've heard stranger things around here!
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Yes, but the "somthing" the fed will have to do will be "quantitative ease-a-geddon," A.K.A. inflate our way out of debt. If you think that will be a walk in the park, then YOU are all wet.

Hogwash. Right now the deficit is around 8% of GDP. If you took away deficit spending, the economy would shrink faster than Alice on mushrooms. Imagine if 8% of companies (by revenue) shuttered their doors tomorrow - I think that would be a little more important than "some effect."
      Why are we looking towards QE3? Do these bankers not understand we're currently in a period of stagflation? Or are they all Keynesians who think stagflation is impossible?

Oh, Milton Friedman, how I wish you were still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I dont trust anyone to fix this, collapse is the only way out now. Time for both sides to pay the piper.
        Nope. Civil War is the answer.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          They are not mutually exclusive. You can have it all, collapse and civil war. Look at Syria.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

I heard that while driving in listening to America's Morning News (John McCaslin presents). That's probably also in response to the Martial Law preparations, such as tanks being exercised on residential streets or arming federal agencies.

Comment

I dont trust anyone to fix this, collapse is the only way out now. Time for both sides to pay the piper.
              Dam it Handy, you know how I hate it when I have to agree with you and yet you keep making sense every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Dam it Handy, you know how I hate it when I have to agree with you and yet you keep making sense every once in a while.
                There's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it happens.

Comment

Bankruptcy. I've been saying that's inevitable for a while. Baby Boomers want nothing less.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I heard that while driving in listening to America's Morning News (John McCaslin presents). That's probably also in response to the Martial Law preparations, such as tanks being exercised on residential streets or arming federal agencies.
                    Wow. Clicking on those links is a trip down the rabbit hole.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      There's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it happens.
                      He is a cake eater...he would sooner drive a Pinto than have to agree with me most days
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So if Obama loses, will he go quietly into the night?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I am all for it...except I think we should just let the South leave this time
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am all for it...except I think we should just let the South leave this time
                            We could just split. Course the New Confederacy will have to take on most of the debt since they spend the most money.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              He is a cake eater...he would sooner drive a Pinto than have to agree with me most days
                              I did drive a Pinto back in the 70's.

Comment

Hahahaha...no. The day I believe the Dems will tax and NOT spend is the day I am too drunk to function in society permanently. That you think the Dems are going to fix this or that they have the policies to do so proves your lack of any objectivity on the subject. Considering you went to Cornell (and love to pontificate and show us how smart you supposedly are) you would think you would know how big a folly that line of thinking will get you.

Yep, we're already bankrupt. Defaulting on the debt (and going through sovereign bankruptcy) is the moral and ethical thing to do, which is why I highly doubt Washington will do that. Instead they'll try to pay it down with increasingly worthless dollars and thereby bring the risk of hyperinflation.

Comment

Working...
                                X