Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

The latest victim of Obummer's suspension of the Bill of Rights: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/20...acebook-posts/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      The latest victim of Obummer's suspension of the Bill of Rights: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/20...acebook-posts/
      Did you read the article? This is exactly the kind of person we want picked up and detained. Otherwise we end up with Aurora happening all over again.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        But did he go skinny dipping? THAT's really important!!
        True. That's a key determiner of whether he'd right the good ship USA.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Did you read the article? This is exactly the kind of person we want picked up and detained. Otherwise we end up with Aurora happening all over again.
          Our system is designed to err on the side of the individual in these cases. It can be a close call. But, what happened at Aurora or anywhere else is irrelevant. Each case must be decided on its own merits. That said, based on the article, I'd have to say the officials acted appropriately. If this guy had harmed himself or others, can you imagine the wailing? And much of it would be coming from the same people who are complaining now.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Our system is designed to err on the side of the individual in these cases. It can be a close call. But, what happened at Aurora or anywhere else is irrelevant. Each case must be decided on its own merits. That said, based on the article, I'd have to say the officials acted appropriately. If this guy had harmed himself or others, can you imagine the wailing? And much of it would be coming from the same people who are complaining now.
            And how far are we going to go with this? Do you recommend we go to Kim Jong-Il levels, where crying crocodile tears is worth jail time?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
              True. That's a key determiner of whether he'd right the good ship USA.
              I'm probably exposing my ignorance on matters Biblical here, but when did the Sea of Galilee become so important a site of veneration that it's inappropriate to swim in it? Or, one assumes, fish in it. Or raft across it. The Isrealis engage in these activities, but most of them are Jews. What about Christians? Do any visiting Christians ever swim in it (with or without trunks)? If yes, then what's all the hubub about, bub?

Incidentally, Ben Quayle represents me in Congress. And re-districting has put him in a race with another incumbent Republican, who is spinning this event as an example of Quayle's unfitness for office. I've already voted for Quayle, so I've got no way to express my "shock" and "outrage" that some (other) clown "washed his winkie" in the Sea of Galilee.
              Last edited by Old Pio; 08-21-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                And how far are we going to go with this? Do you recommend we go to Kim Jong-Il levels, where crying crocodile tears is worth jail time?
                As I say, close call. Kim Jong Il or Stalin or Lavrenty Beria have nothing to do with it. Different people might have come to a different conclusion. I understand slippery slope arguments, I just don't think one applies here.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  I'm probably exposing my ignorance on matters Biblical here, but when did the Sea of Galilee become so important a site of veneration that it's inappropriate to swim in it? Or, one assumes, fish in it. Or raft across it. The Isrealis engage in these activities, but most of them are Jews. What about Christians? Do any visiting Christians ever swim in it (with or without trunks)? If yes, then what's all the hubub about, bub?

Incidentally, Ben Quayle represents me in Congress. And re-districting has put him in a race with another incumbent Republican, who is spinning this event as an example of Quayle's unfitness for office. I've already voted for Quayle, so I've got no way to express my "shock" and "outrage" that some (other) clown "washed his winkie" in the Sea of Galilee.
                  My post was tongue in cheek. Of course skinnydipping (absent significant extenuating circumstances of course) is unimportant in determining our leader. Probably most if not all other candidates have skinnydipped a time or three. But, this is election season, so we see all sorts of things thrown around to try to gain advantage that shouldn't be important (and important stuff ignored).
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    My post was tongue in cheek. Of course skinnydipping (absent significant extenuating circumstances of course) is unimportant in determining our leader. Probably most if not all other candidates have skinnydipped a time or three. But, this is election season, so we see all sorts of things thrown around to try to gain advantage that shouldn't be important (and important stuff ignored).

I wasn't responding to you, Bob. It was Politico that erroneously reported an FBI "investigation" of the incident. Apart from the obvious jurisdictional questions, why would the FBI (or anyone else, for that matter) care? As you're doubtless aware, Schweikert is trying to turn this into Mark Foley redux, but he's about the only one.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 08-21-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      Guess we have different opinions of 'biggest achievements'. I thought you were going to say bringing to justice of OBL or ending the Iraq war or the doubling of the stock market (which is largely based on corporate earnings) since the quarter he took over.
                      So... If Obama gets the credit for doubling the stock market, does he also get the blame for the sh*t state the economy is in?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        So... If Obama gets the credit for doubling the stock market, does he also get the blame for the sh*t state the economy is in?
                        Is he not getting credit for unemployment currently? If he wasn't, the election would be a landslide in his favor.

The economy is two speed right now...fairly bad on unemployment and fairly good on business health. I give Obama a moderate amount of credit for both as he deserves.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

You're going to find that for most people, "fairly good" business health means businesses should be hiring more people. Things have stalled on the hiring front, so I'm going to have to disagree on your "fairly good" business health report. The state of the markets is not completely indicative of overall business health, since a lot of stock and bond trading is just speculation about how a company or industry might do in the next quarter or fiscal year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            You're going to find that for most people, "fairly good" business health means businesses should be hiring more people. Things have stalled on the hiring front, so I'm going to have to disagree on your "fairly good" business health report. The state of the markets is not completely indicative of overall business health, since a lot of stock and bond trading is just speculation about how a company or industry might do in the next quarter or fiscal year.
                            Reagan had a good line: "Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose your job. Recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

Comment

Looks like someone's preparing to cut benefits and create martial law: http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/201...point-bullets/

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Really agree with this statement. Both employment (or their lack thereof) and business health are inter related. As of this moment, both really stink. I am not a big Obama fan for certain. But then again i am not enamored by just about any political representative right now. I am just not sure any of them will be able to do what needs to be done to right the ship of the American economy. I certainly am not smart enough to know all that needs to be done but i do think I am intelligent enough to realize that most of these guys are just not going to do it. But Obama has already been given 3+ years and it has clearly been shown that we are going in the wrong direction.
                                As far as the stock market-i am doing pretty well right now after a few years of scary desperation. But i take a very active role in my investments and watch from 9:30 AM until 4PM every day making frequent adjustments. Any success that i am having on Wall street is my own doing and i give zero credit to Obama or any other politician. Much of the market, at least in the short term, is just educated gambling (unless you are privy to some sort of inside information) and i consider it just a few steps higher and controllable than driving down to Atlantic City and sitting by the roulette wheel and betting the outside of the board. As for longer term investing-it really is the only game in town since leaving any money in the bank and getting 0.35% interest on a CD is just about the same as putting it under the mattress. Just my 2ยข
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X