• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy International Left Handers Day 2012

To all my fellow southpaws out there.

Re: Happy International Left Handers Day 2012

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    To all my fellow southpaws out there.
    You're welcome. Just don't get left behind in the rush to the mega-sales today.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I guess I can celebrate for half of the day. I write and eat right-handed but play all sports left-handed. Never been able to figure out how that happened...
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22 ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
      2014 East Regional
      2015 West Regional
      2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
      2019 Midwest Regional
      2021 West Regional
      2022 Midwest Regional

Comment

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

We haven't eliminated all of them yet?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            I guess I can celebrate for half of the day. I write and eat right-handed but play all sports left-handed. Never been able to figure out how that happened...
            What hand are you in hockey?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              It doesn't matter if you do everything or just one thing. You're still one of us.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I'm a right shot. throw left, bat right. swing golf club right. write right. bowl right.

I'm confused and a former stutterer.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  I'm a right shot. throw left, bat right. swing golf club right. write right. bowl right.

I'm confused and a former stutterer.
                  Throw left? Good enough for me. HILHD!

I actually know someone who only putts left-handed, but plays the rest of golf, and does practically everything else, right-handed.

Comment

I'm capable of batting left handed, and I play hockey/broomball/etc. left handed, but that's it.

I'll celebrate it for about an hour and be done with it.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

This post is only for those who have a sense of humor.

If you are thin-skinned and can't take a joke, stop reading now please.

Hmm....isn't it the case that the root of the word "sinister" is from the Latin sinistra, or "left-handed"?

the French word for "left-handed" is gauche, which in English is a word meaning "socially awkward", as in "did you see FF's gauche post in a thread devoted to left-handers day?"

According to Wikipedia, the proportion of left-handers as part of the total population is higher in primitive cultures.

Just messin' with ya folks. Enjoy your day.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I play pool left handed. Right handed at everything else I do (learned to play pool watching my dad who was a lefty).

Also and Im not sure what "handedness" this would mean...but when I am eating food (say a steak) I hold the fork in my right and knife in my left and never do any switching. I know that most people who are right handed cut with the right hand and then swtich the fork from left back to right, but I have never done that.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Left (even though I don't skate )

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                          I play pool left handed.
                          I have a right-handed pool shot.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                          2014 East Regional
                          2015 West Regional
                          2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                          2019 Midwest Regional
                          2021 West Regional
                          2022 Midwest Regional

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            This post is only for those who have a sense of humor.

If you are thin-skinned and can't take a joke, stop reading now please.

Hmm....isn't it the case that the root of the word "sinister" is from the Latin sinistra, or "left-handed"?

the French word for "left-handed" is gauche, which in English is a word meaning "socially awkward", as in "did you see FF's gauche post in a thread devoted to left-handers day?"

According to Wikipedia, the proportion of left-handers as part of the total population is higher in primitive cultures.

Just messin' with ya folks. Enjoy your day.
                            And you get 364 (sometimes 365) other days to gloat this discrimination. Give him the red-handled scissors!

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                              I play pool left handed. Right handed at everything else I do (learned to play pool watching my dad who was a lefty).

Also and Im not sure what "handedness" this would mean...but when I am eating food (say a steak) I hold the fork in my right and knife in my left and never do any switching. I know that most people who are right handed cut with the right hand and then swtich the fork from left back to right, but I have never done that.
                              I know someone else who is the same way.

I learned to play pool right-handed, but now play ambidextrous (though predominantly left). No behind-the-back shots for me.

As for eating, the Americans call you right-handed, while the Europeans call you a stupid American.

Comment

Working...
                              X