2012 Green Bay Packers Thread - Power of Cheese Will Prevail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Green Bay Packers Thread - Power of Cheese Will Prevail

That first half, save for the final drive, was ugly. Even for preseason standards. So....what are everyone's thoughts for this upcoming season? I think anything short of a long run in the playoffs is an utter disaster. Well, at least I thought that before the first half of this game :-P
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Re: 2012 Green Bay Packers Thread - Power of Cheese Will Prevail

Quickly ignoring everything I've seen today.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.” -You Know Who
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

green bay should be starting matt flynn.
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
        green bay should be starting matt flynn.
        I still think some of that was the Lions paying it forward for giving Scott Mitchell an ungodly QB contract for being Dan Marino's backup. Now, some other team has paid out an immense contract on a small sample size, and the curse will move on.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

None of the first team offenses looked good around the league tonight. To be expected.

But man, Rodgers was horrendous. As an owner my expectations are another run @ Lombardi. Living in NY State and seeing them get owned by the Jersey Giants was pathetic. I avoided ESPN like the plague the following week. In all honesty I would rather go 10-6 over 15-1. Being under the radar is easier in this new era of NFL. Sitting Rodgers against Det was stupid.

The D needs to improve vastly this year. Barnett turned out to be a bigger loss than I could have ever imagined. We also need a running game now that Grant went bye bye.

Comment

What a bad day for Cubbie Bears fans!

HELLO CEDRIC BENSON:

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.co...-running-back/

Comment

Why is he not signed with Cincy? I thought he performed well there, considering.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Why is he not signed with Cincy? I thought he performed well there, considering.
                Because "Thug U" of the NFL doesn't make good decisions!

I'm shocked we didn't resign Grant though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedGuy View Post
                  Because "Thug U" of the NFL doesn't make good decisions!

I'm shocked we didn't resign Grant though.
                  Bring back Edgar Bennett.
                  "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                    He's still playing???

Would rather bring back Favre and Freeman!

Comment

Dorsey Levens would like a word with you.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

We did. He's our WR coach (of all things).

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          We did. He's our WR coach (of all things).
                          Good thing aside from James Jones they are special athletes in talent and skill!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            I still think some of that was the Lions paying it forward for giving Scott Mitchell an ungodly QB contract for being Dan Marino's backup. Now, some other team has paid out an immense contract on a small sample size, and the curse will move on.
                            Good point. Green Bay should be starting Graham Harrell.
                            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Well, I'd like to say that the obnoxious Thursday home games are over with... but they're not.

Not going to hold my breath over our defense, but I'd say we're not looking too bad. Time to get a good start against the City by the Other Bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X