Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whale Wars

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
    They suck at being pirates and everything else they attempt except raising money it seems. In season 1 I believe a couple of them board a ship and get detained. Instantly that fat bastard was like "OH THAT'S ILLEGAL!"

I wish death upon them all.
    hahaha, yes! I seem to remember a big international hullabaloo about that hitting the wires before I even knew that someone would put this trainwreck on the air. funny thing is, if you board another ship all bets are off in international waters as I understand it. Although, it all depends upon what colors the boarded ship is flying.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

With an issue like this, you'd think it'd be pretty one sided. Yet these incompetent idiots actually make me root for the Japanese.

Their captain has the leadership skills of a slug. Their preparedness is horrible. The fact that they go around *icebergs* in a ship not ice-rated in any way shape or form is mind boggling. That their only methods of determent is to follow the whalers around and throw stinky or slippery chemicals at them is depressing.

The fact that they give their 'crew' all kinds of ridiculous and pointless titles kind of sums up the idiocy behind all of this.

I'm simply shocked that people keep handing money over to them, because running an operation like this cannot be cheap by any stretch of the imagination; yet people keep wasting money on these idiots instead of trying to make an actual human's life better off. Weird.

Comment

The best writers in Hollywood could never do better than this:

So the new ship on the fleet, the "Bob Barker", has an engine that doesn't even run! LOL! Apparently next week, they get in running and it dies in rough seas. Awesome.

The Steve Irwin is too slow to keep up with the whaling vessels except for the processing ship. Maybe I would have told Bob Barker not to buy them another ship, but to put more powerful engines in the Steve Irwin so they could be fast enough to pester the whaling ships. DUH!

Now the LRAD sends the copter back to the ship and puts the pilot crying somewhere on board in the fetal position. So now their "most valuable tool" is rendered useless. The Japs used LRAD last season on them. Maybe get some head gear during the offseason to combat it? Idoits.

Now they have these yellow spears that latch onto the sides of the ship so they Japs can't board them. They are the rogue ship boarders, not the Japs. What a waste of time and $$$.

Also from the preview for next week, they use a gaint slingshot to launch the bottles of rancid butter at the Japs. There's a great step up in technology. Wht not drop the bottle from the copter? Why not spray thier decks with it in a solution?

Must see TV Friday night!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Wht not drop the bottle from the copter? Why not spray thier decks with it in a solution?

Must see TV Friday night!
          Actually, it is my understanding that they absolutely CAN NOT use the copter in any sort of offensive attack... If the copter is used, the Irwin (the fleet now?) can have their ability to sail under the Dutch flag revoked... Since they wouldn't have a representative nation, they would truly be pirates... That wouldn't give them a leg to stand on with no government to defend them... It would be suicide for them to do try that...

I also seem to remember something being said about firearms along those lines as well... That is why they chuck acid by hand... For as lawless and clueless as the Shepards are, they know that they are almost litterally dead in the water without the Dutch backing...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Now the LRAD sends the copter back to the ship and puts the pilot crying somewhere on board in the fetal position. So now their "most valuable tool" is rendered useless. The Japs used LRAD last season on them. Maybe get some head gear during the offseason to combat it? Idoits.
            I'm reasonably certain that you can't stop an LRAD attack with just head gear. The sound waves are going to screw with you no matter what with the only way to stop it being to get far enough away or out of it's direction.

Comment

*****http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3517/thisthread.jpg******

Seriously, what do they think that little black boat is going to be able to do? It gets destroyed by a wave.

And ice again? Oh please die please please please.
              Last edited by Foxton; 06-11-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

So the Bob Barker, which was specifically purchased because it could keep up with the processing ship, is actually slower than the processing ship. LOL. The look on Watson's face when he found out was priceless.

So the Addy Gil does a prop fowler attack on the processing ship, which doesn't work (no rip on them for that), to slow them down so the Bob Barker can catch up. The plan is then for the Addy to trail the procressing ship so they know where it is, but the fuel is getting low. Then 4 hrs later, they try another folwer attack. WHY NOT MAKE THE SECOND ATTACK RIGHT AFTER THE FIRST? Instead the Bob Barker falls hopelessly behind over the 4 hr period and the Addy runs themselves out of fuel.

Also, they really needed some sort of plan to fuel up the Addy Gil. Now they ran themselves out of fuel. This week the Addy goes to the bottom! AWESOME.

I can't see how anyone in the general public can't see these Sea Shepards are a bunch of befuddling yahoos who have no idea what they are doing.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I just started watching this season and the unintentional comedy is awesome.
                  "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

So the Bob Barker, which was specifically purchased because it could keep up with the processing ship, is actually slower than the processing ship. LOL. The look on Watson's face when he found out was priceless.

So the Addy Gil does a prop fowler attack on the processing ship, which doesn't work (no rip on them for that), to slow them down so the Bob Barker can catch up. The plan is then for the Addy to trail the procressing ship so they know where it is, but the fuel is getting low. Then 4 hrs later, they try another folwer attack. WHY NOT MAKE THE SECOND ATTACK RIGHT AFTER THE FIRST? Instead the Bob Barker falls hopelessly behind over the 4 hr period and the Addy runs themselves out of fuel.

Also, they really needed some sort of plan to fuel up the Addy Gil. Now they ran themselves out of fuel. This week the Addy goes to the bottom! AWESOME.

I can't see how anyone in the general public can't see these Sea Shepards are a bunch of befuddling yahoos who have no idea what they are doing.
                    I am really curious to see what happens with the Addy... I am sure that the Whalers will be portrayed as some inhuman, bloodthirsty a-holes who went hunting for the Addy and intentionally tried to sink her... Although the Japs have been more aggressive this season, I can't see them intentionally ramming or something of that nature...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
                      I just started watching this season and the unintentional comedy is awesome.
                      Someone should make a montage of the failed speedboat launchings, the failed prop fowler attacks, the failed..well everything else. It gets pretty hilarious, but you can't stop watching it.
                      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        Someone should make a montage of the failed speedboat launchings, the failed prop fowler attacks, the failed..well everything else. It gets pretty hilarious, but you can't stop watching it.
                        Isn't that what the show is already?
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Shonan Maru - 1
                          Ady Gil - 0
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Honestly, you would think that they would have tested and figured out a way to quick release a prop fowler from a speed boat.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Honestly, you would think that they would have tested and figured out a way to quick release a prop fowler from a speed boat.
                              Have you not watched the show? At what point did you start giving them that much credit for thinking ahead and general competence?
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Have you not watched the show? At what point did you start giving them that much credit for thinking ahead and general competence?
                                I remember that there was some lady with military background who was trying to get them into shape and captain ****** and his flunkies thought they knew better.

Comment

Working...
                                X