Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whale Wars

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
    Almost as bad as Ann Clouter being paid to show up by some ultra conservative club with student activity money.

http://www.thenorthwindonline.com/ho...3-faa14814a007
    Similar thing happened in Mankato. She was completely berated, I think a few people threw things at her, and she just walked off stage. It was a good day.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Similar thing happened in Mankato. She was completely berated, I think a few people threw things at her, and she just walked off stage. It was a good day.
      http://media.www.thenorthwindonline....-3347653.shtml

Oh there was some of that, enough for the privileged white republican kids to feel victimized for wasting student money.

Comment

I'm still just annoyed with this season finale. They build up all season to this final epic battle and it was really nothing. Ya they rammed the boat, but it still got its whale over.

SO we get 15 minutes of battle......happy love time over swimming whales....a marriage and tears that its over...and then the hint at arrests and such.

I'm fairly sad the helicopter pilot didn't just take off and fly home when he saw that gash in the side of the ship. Hopefully they reinforce the hull and maybe get a smaller more maneuverable ship for next year.

It was sweet to see that of a 900 whale quota they fell 300 short. At least they kept them from killing too many!
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

regardless of Australian "investigation" it'll be interesting what the Dutch do with the flag situation given their ban on throwing things from the deck. Something tells me they'll be in search of a new flag for next season as well as a need for some entirely different strategies.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
            It was sweet to see that of a 900 whale quota they fell 300 short. At least they kept them from killing too many!
            Was it because of them sitting there watching the whalers, or did the whalers just not fill their quota for another reason?

Comment

Was it because of them sitting there watching the whalers, or did the whalers just not fill their quota for another reason?
              The anti-whalers are going to say it was because of their actions that the quota wasnt met. The whalers will just say they werent in the right places to find enough.

Comment

Almost as bad as Ann Clouter being paid to show up by some ultra conservative club with student activity money.

http://www.thenorthwindonline.com/ho...3-faa14814a007
                Yeah, some other club should have shelled out money to bring Ron Jeremy back to MQT to counter her speech. Bringing Ron Jeremy to NMU a few years ago was the best use of student activity money ever!
                Michigan Hockey Net
                Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Wiki Mr. Watson once. He has quite the checkered past, including actually sinking whaling vessels. He had 1 ship impounded by Spain in the 1980's and by Canada a few years ago for the actions of these ships. He's actually quite a menacing figure, not the bumbling dope he comes across as in the series.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Wiki Mr. Watson once. He has quite the checkered past, including actually sinking whaling vessels. He had 1 ship impounded by Spain in the 1980's and by Canada a few years ago for the actions of these ships. He's actually quite a menacing figure, not the bumbling dope he comes across as in the series.
                    reading comprehension sir... I don't believe he's ever sunk a whaling vessel. I believe he was accused of attempting too and I believe he has "disabled" a few ships... disabled and sinking are worlds apart.
                    Going by memory of his "checkered" past and I believe you may have either misread something or wiki is (as is often the case) inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB View Post
                      reading comprehension sir... I don't believe he's ever sunk a whaling vessel. I believe he was accused of attempting too and I believe he has "disabled" a few ships... disabled and sinking are worlds apart.
                      Going by memory of his "checkered" past and I believe you may have either misread something or wiki is (as is often the case) inaccurate.
                      Disabled = sunk. He did it in when the ships were in port and empty, not out to sea full of people.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Disabled = sunk. He did it in when the ships were in port and empty, not out to sea full of people.
                        Unless they're at the bottom of the ocean...they're not sunk...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

A little over a year ago I was after this girl...and ultimately she ended up running off to Oregon with the world's biggest human toilet.

Well, lo and behold, I learn today that said toilet recently left to go serve on the crew of Sea Shepherd. Same drug-infested twit that went to Alaska and tried to get on a crab boat because he saw it on TV. Hoo boy.

I hope this is true, because if it is and this idiot gets any facetime you all best tighten down the seat belts...this guy is a real piece of work. I don't even know how to describe it. He's a 29yo that thinks he's seven. One of those guys who spends every waking hour hyper-aggressively telling the entire world "the way it is." Toilet.

This could be epic, though knowing his history he'll end up getting thrown off for some reason before they even leave port.
                          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                            A little over a year ago I was after this girl...and ultimately she ended up running off to Oregon with the world's biggest human toilet.

Well, lo and behold, I learn today that said toilet recently left to go serve on the crew of Sea Shepherd. Same drug-infested twit that went to Alaska and tried to get on a crab boat because he saw it on TV. Hoo boy.

I hope this is true, because if it is and this idiot gets any facetime you all best tighten down the seat belts...this guy is a real piece of work. I don't even know how to describe it. He's a 29yo that thinks he's seven. One of those guys who spends every waking hour hyper-aggressively telling the entire world "the way it is." Toilet.

This could be epic, though knowing his history he'll end up getting thrown off for some reason before they even leave port.
                            So you are saying there is potential for an "International Incident"

Also, whatever happened to the Sea Shepard getting investigated for ramming the Japs?
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                              Hopefully they leave port before they decide to throw him off...

Animal Planet will not let them throw a guy like that off. It sounds live that would be bad for ratings...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Hopefully they leave port before they decide to throw him off...

Animal Planet will not let them throw a guy like that off. It sounds live that would be bad for ratings...
                                Maybe they can find a fishing boat who uses methods they'll tolarate so that they can make him walk the plank into a outstreched net. That would be good for rattings. Who doesn't love Pirates??
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X