Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whale Wars

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    If the crew of the Steve Irwin wore referee shirts, who would you cheer for?
    Knowing TBA, for the Steve Irwin to sink.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

*****http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/abcunderwear_2063_29234890******

How could I root against her?
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        *****http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/abcunderwear_2063_29234890******

How could I root against her?
        If her last name was Hochuli?
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

And Humans > Whales is such a disgusting comment. I don't understand how someone who considers themselves a morally upright person thinks that God gave us the right to kill any creature for whatever reason we want. Just because God gave us the power doesn't mean we should use it. The Japanese kill so many whales they try to give away the meat. Japanese no longer consume whale in large quantities and the fishing industry in Japan tries to convince the schools to pay for the meat.
          I agree that "can" and "should" are two very different things. But the Japanese have their own gods and other beliefs and so I am not sure how this argument even applies to them.

Comment

Killing animals just to kill them is immoral. Here's the problem with limits. Everyone cheats with limits. One guy cheats and brings in over his quota, everyone else does.

And Humans > Whales is such a disgusting comment. I don't understand how someone who considers themselves a morally upright person thinks that God gave us the right to kill any creature for whatever reason we want. Just because God gave us the power doesn't mean we should use it. The Japanese kill so many whales they try to give away the meat. Japanese no longer consume whale in large quantities and the fishing industry in Japan tries to convince the schools to pay for the meat.

If we say .2%, the Japanese would find a way to cheat. It's what they do.
            What I meant with the > was that he should be helping starving people with the millions he is spending on saving whales. A human life is more important that a whale's.

It was funny how on last week's episode, they had no idea how to deal with the Jap's new tactics. I'd send out the small boats and have them run interference on the kills ships that are persuing the whales or have them try and screw up the transfer process. Try and get some acid right on the dead whale while they are transferring it. Or why not use the helicopter to drop the acid onto the ship's decks? You'd have to get pretty low, but that would work as well. Suck it up and adapt. Geez.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Roy82 View Post
              I agree that "can" and "should" are two very different things. But the Japanese have their own gods and other beliefs and so I am not sure how this argument even applies to them.
              The Japanese do whatever they want. When it comes to whaling, they ignore their own religious tenets.

Shintoism is a religion with respect for nature. Buddhism is a religion with respect for life.

So let's not bring God into this. The Japanese aren't following God on this one. It's not their religious belief. It's the same cultural ego that spurns them forward that their culture is the best culture and the right culture and they should do whatever they want despite what international law says.

Whatever the rest of the world says about us in Iraq for international law violations, Europe sticks their finger in the air to overfish and break international law that way, and Japan does the same with whaling.

It's just annoying because they're such hypocrites. Apparently them breaking international law is A-OK.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                What I meant with the > was that he should be helping starving people with the millions he is spending on saving whales. A human life is more important that a whale's.
                Even assuming that there is a way to quantify whose life is worth more, by your logic nobody should ever give to any charity that did anything but save starving children. We should not fund any arts or culture, no animal rescue, boy scouts/girl scouts, no wilderness preservation, etc.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                It was funny how on last week's episode, they had no idea how to deal with the Jap's new tactics. I'd send out the small boats and have them run interference on the kills ships that are persuing the whales or have them try and screw up the transfer process. Try and get some acid right on the dead whale while they are transferring it. Or why not use the helicopter to drop the acid onto the ship's decks? You'd have to get pretty low, but that would work as well. Suck it up and adapt. Geez.
                I was thinking the same thing about the helicopter. There must be some agreement that they cannot use it for anything other than observation.

It also seems that they have self-imposed a rule that they must hand throw the acid. Otherwise why not some sort of launcher to increase the range and accuracy?

They are trying to adapt. They are also trying not to cause injury to themselves and the whalers. It's easy to criticize from our living rooms. What would you have them do?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy82 View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing about the helicopter. There must be some agreement that they cannot use it for anything other than observation.
                  In the US you're not allowed to throw anything out of an aircraft if it can cause damage to persons or property. There may be a similar international regulation in place...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Hahaha! Stupid hippies got in trouble.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Re: Whale Wars

The Japanese do whatever they want. When it comes to whaling, they ignore their own religious tenets.
                      Religion isn't a big part of day to day life in Japan today. Rituals are observed but it's not the same as the modern Abrahamic religions for impact on day to day life.

Comment

heck ya....they just rammed em

Finally some action!
                        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                          heck ya....they just rammed em

Finally some action!
                          Sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink sink

Comment

fairly dissapointed right now
                            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Just got this in my e-mail box the other day. For anyone around Marquette, Captain Paul Watson will be speaking at Northern Michigan University on November 17.
                              Michigan Hockey Net
                              Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                                Just got this in my e-mail box the other day. For anyone around Marquette, Captain Paul Watson will be speaking at Northern Michigan University on November 17.
                                Almost as bad as Ann Clouter being paid to show up by some ultra conservative club with student activity money.

http://www.thenorthwindonline.com/ho...3-faa14814a007

Comment

Working...
                                X