Whale Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whale Wars

Japan has a lot of weird customs. Whaling isn't the worse of them. Although the crew of the Sea Shepherd shouldn't be respected as they are committing acts of piracy. Remember, kiddies, eco-terrorism is still terrorism.

EDIT: Hahahahahaha
    Watson says...that his life was saved because he was wearing a kevlar vest with 3 trauma plates duct taped together.
    Yeah, that's totally how body armor works.
    Last edited by Sir Cat Balls PhD; 08-13-2009, 02:12 AM.
    How do I get through life, Jimmy? Well, let me tell you. It's with god luck and good speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
      Sounds kinda mean, why don't you just finish them off before you start driving?
      It's anywhere from a 15 minute to 35 minte drive home, depending on where I fished that day, so I really don't think that amount of time means much. Think of the bluegill that goes into the bass's mouth, into it's stomach full of acid. It suffocates/burns in there anyway. I could ice them, but why spend the money if I don't have to? Sometimes you have to ice them to preserve them, like if they are crappies or white bass.

At least I'm not a pride of lions eating the butt of a live elephant that is crippled but not dead yet. That was truely disturbing, but it's God's way.

So anyway, tonight will be the tears and gnashing of teeth, I hope.

655,000 whales out there and the Japs are killing .2% I say just legalize the harvest of certain types of whales, with enforced limits, and then Watson can go have something like.....starving humans....

Humans > Whales
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Humans > Whales
        Humans breed relatively quickly, a lot of them live in areas where they survive to maturity despite a lot of them really shouldn't. There are something like 6.5 billion of them on the planet. A population that size is going to run itself out of food, it's only the humane thing to cull the herd before they start using up all the other animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          It's anywhere from a 15 minute to 35 minte drive home, depending on where I fished that day, so I really don't think that amount of time means much. Think of the bluegill that goes into the bass's mouth, into it's stomach full of acid. It suffocates/burns in there anyway. I could ice them, but why spend the money if I don't have to? Sometimes you have to ice them to preserve them, like if they are crappies or white bass.

At least I'm not a pride of lions eating the butt of a live elephant that is crippled but not dead yet. That was truely disturbing, but it's God's way.

So anyway, tonight will be the tears and gnashing of teeth, I hope.

655,000 whales out there and the Japs are killing .2% I say just legalize the harvest of certain types of whales, with enforced limits, and then Watson can go have something like.....starving humans....

Humans > Whales
          Killing animals just to kill them is immoral. Here's the problem with limits. Everyone cheats with limits. One guy cheats and brings in over his quota, everyone else does.

And Humans > Whales is such a disgusting comment. I don't understand how someone who considers themselves a morally upright person thinks that God gave us the right to kill any creature for whatever reason we want. Just because God gave us the power doesn't mean we should use it. The Japanese kill so many whales they try to give away the meat. Japanese no longer consume whale in large quantities and the fishing industry in Japan tries to convince the schools to pay for the meat.

If we say .2%, the Japanese would find a way to cheat. It's what they do.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

After finally catching an episode, I now fully support the deaths of everyone on the 'Steve Irwin', and the people who give them money.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
              After finally catching an episode, I now fully support the deaths of everyone on the 'Steve Irwin', and the people who give them money.
              Because they're stupid, or because their cause is stupid.

Comment

Because they're stupid, or because their cause is stupid.
                They are stupid.

I haven't really looked at their cause besides it's "save the whales", and they probably say buy only organic food, so they're probably equally ill-informed about the whales thing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  I meant the number of Minke Whales left in the world...

and I was off. It's actually 665,074. Wow. Not that this make what Japan is doing okay, but they don't seem to be endangered.
                  The Minkie Whales they kill aren't the endangered ones. They kill Fin whales also which are endangered. They said on tonights episode that they basically make a million dollars per fin whale killed.

As far as the number of whales killed. They have said on the show several times that the Japs have a 90,000 whale quota. I'm guessing they don't get there and i'm sure they fudge the numbers since they are not regulated at all--to further their "research" cause.

I'm guessing hunting Minkes is probably not illegal in non-protected waters. The problem is that the Japs are hunting them in a whale preserve.
                  UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                  NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                  Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                    They are stupid.

If that were a good reason for wanting someone dead, about the people on this board might as well start marching themselves into their coffins.
                    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

At least 8 shots to kill the whale? WOW....I think they need a better gun.
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        As far as the number of whales killed. They have said on the show several times that the Japs have a 90,000 whale quota. I'm guessing they don't get there and i'm sure they fudge the numbers since they are not regulated at all--to further their "research" cause.
                        90,000?...

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        According to Wikipedia Japan's quota is 1330 total, so 38,000 is a little off that mark.

I have my doubts that they're being used for research and if they're not they need to be shut down, but the Sea Shepherds are making it hard for me to side with their cause...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          90,000?...
                          I meant 900....haha
                          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                            And tears. Don't forget the tears. You just know the water works will be at maximum flow tonight...
                            last 20 minutes or so?
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

If by research they're looking into "how tasty whale tastes" or "how can we make Japanese people eat whale again" or "how can we kill as many whales as inhumanly as possible," then yes it's research.

Comment

If by research they're looking into "how tasty whale tastes" or "how can we make Japanese people eat whale again" or "how can we kill as many whales as inhumanly as possible," then yes it's research.
                                If the crew of the Steve Irwin wore referee shirts, who would you cheer for?
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X