Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whale Wars

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
    That practice is beyond atrocious. Cut the fins off, throw the live shark back in the ocean to die.

Warning - weak stomachs don't look.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMYtuMgwNCY
    People suck.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
      That practice is beyond atrocious. Cut the fins off, throw the live shark back in the ocean to die.

Warning - weak stomachs don't look.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMYtuMgwNCY
      Really you should watch Sharkwater---our buddy paul is a major character in that one as well.
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post

The most ethical way to catch a fish is catching one with your own line.
        I think it's also a bit more fun for the fisherperson too.

I've got yellow perch, blue gills, white and black crappies, northern pike, catfish, bullheads, walleye and white and yellow bass in my freezer. In Wisconsin, you can't transport live caught fish, so when I load the boat on the trailer, I pull the drainplug in the livewell and they slowly suffocate on the way home. If they aren't dead then, the knife finishes them off.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I think it's also a bit more fun for the fisherperson too.

I've got yellow perch, blue gills, white and black crappies, northern pike, catfish, bullheads, walleye and white and yellow bass in my freezer. In Wisconsin, you can't transport live caught fish, so when I load the boat on the trailer, I pull the drainplug in the livewell and they slowly suffocate on the way home. If they aren't dead then, the knife finishes them off.
          Sounds kinda mean, why don't you just finish them off before you start driving?
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Not sure what to think of the new show "Swords." Although I always heard that THAT was actually the most dangerous job, with crab fishing being a close second.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Sounds kinda mean, why don't you just finish them off before you start driving?
              Well, to be practical, they keep longer if you don't kill them right away.

Though he could just bring some ice.
              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                Well, to be practical, they keep longer if you don't kill them right away.

Though he could just bring some ice.
                Is it really a big difference for a matter of hours?

I'm not being judgmental, I'm just curious. I know some people believe animals don't have souls, but I don't necessarily understand why we can't execute the coup de grace (sp?) quickly instead of letting them suffocate to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  It think it's in the neighborhood of 38,000 for Minke whales.

What it comes down to is I can't trust them to do "a little" whaling.
                  According to Wikipedia Japan's quota is 1330 total, so 38,000 is a little off that mark.

I have my doubts that they're being used for research and if they're not they need to be shut down, but the Sea Shepherds are making it hard for me to side with their cause...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

They're also radically cheating. They're whaling way more than they are say they are.

Comment

They're also radically cheating. They're whaling way more than they are say they are.
                      Not saying you're wrong, but who's making that claim?
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        According to Wikipedia Japan's quota is 1330 total, so 38,000 is a little off that mark.
                        I meant the number of Minke Whales left in the world...

and I was off. It's actually 665,074. Wow. Not that this make what Japan is doing okay, but they don't seem to be endangered.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Whaling ends...eventually

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            Whaling ends...eventually
                            And then we have to go find Captain Kirk to slingshot a Klingon bird-of-prey around the sun and back to the 1980s. Hell of an inconvenience for us, and honestly, even he wouldn't want to go to the 80s.
                            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                              And then we have to go find Captain Kirk to slingshot a Klingon bird-of-prey around the sun and back to the 1980s. Hell of an inconvenience for us, and honestly, even he wouldn't want to go to the 80s.
                              We need a nuclear wessel.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                We need a nuclear wessel.
                                Nuclear Wessels??
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X