Whale Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whale Wars

Am i the only one that watches this Animal Planet gem?

Lets discuss their incompetence!

Prop fowlers away!
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: Whale Wars

I figured this was about southie girls.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I figured this was about southie girls.
      He'll be here all week, folks. Try the veal!

(I'm just wondering how this show is even remotely legal. Screw Japan and their stupid "research" fleet, but this is bordering on filming illegal acts...)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They're just asking for an ironic coincidence to happen by continuing to call their ship "Steve Irwin." One day, a harpoon is going to sink that thing.

Comment

I watched once and stopped because the anti-whalers were so self-righteous. You throw **** at my boat and you might get something tossed back at you. And you can't tell that toss after toss after toss won't ever connect with a person on that boat. Their throws just cannot be that precise to avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
            They're just asking for an ironic coincidence to happen by continuing to call their ship "Steve Irwin." One day, a harpoon is going to sink that thing.
            No the prop fouler that they lost to the harpoon ship is going to do them in. My brother and I really want to see them start sinking and a helicopter appear to take the film crews off the boat and leave the rest behind.

If your a big fan of Paul Watson, I'd recommend Sharkwater
            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I watched once and stopped because the anti-whalers were so self-righteous. You throw **** at my boat and you might get something tossed back at you. And you can't tell that toss after toss after toss won't ever connect with a person on that boat. Their throws just cannot be that precise to avoid it.
              Yeah. I can't watch it either. I agree with their anti-whaling stance, but this crosses the line.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

You know you are a wack job when you get kicked out of Greenpeace for being too radical.

Comment

We watch it for the pure humor. You can't make up this kind of incontempency.

Last year they were doing a practice launch of one of the big zodiacs and they put in water full of people not parallel to the mother ship and the thing went over in instantly. That was hilarious!

At the end of last season Watson claimed the Japs fired a shot at him an the bullet was stopped in his clothing. That was all staged, otherwise he's be crowing up and down they tried to kill him and that would have been big news at the start of this season.

Then this season that old fart with the do-rag who quit was running the bridge and he doesn't know starboard from port and he's been doing this for 20 years?! All these ex-Navy types are telling him to turn to port or startboard and he was confused as hell. And while he was on watch they were to turn into a mile wide opening in the ice and he missed the turn.

And they get buried in the icepack slowly try to drive through it and these retards are down in the hold bracing the hull with these blocks of wood. Like that's going to do anything. LOL!

Watching them launch the prop fowler last week was funny too. As they were botching thier first attempt, it was painfully clear they were not turning sharp enough in front of the Japs to have it work. And sure, that rope is stronger than steel, Mr. Watson.

Animal planet needs to stop trying to make this a serious series and exlpoit the humor. Seriously, if Watson watched this, he would be embarrased by their patheticness.

It's really unfortunate they named the ship "Steve Irwin". That does good old Stevo an injustice.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    We watch it for the pure humor.
                    It's better than the majority of sit-coms that are on
                    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                    Groucho Marx
                    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                    Ron White
                    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                    Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      We watch it for the pure humor.
                      That's the same reason my wife and I used to enjoy "Ghost Hunters". It sure as hell wasn't that they found ghosts.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I don't think those bottles of stink would really even have potential to injure someone if they did connect...

The lack of training they do is mind-boggling for the incredibly dangerous activities they engage in. How no one individual or many of that ship have not tragically died yet in the antarctic waters is a small miracle.

Greenpeace isn't radical... their was a time it was but they are and have been for a long time pretty tame and simply tangled in their own inner politics and bureacracy as a special interest group. I think much of Watson's theory on approaching it makes more sense then Greenpeace. The fact they do it in such a poorly organized and terribly untrained manner is shocking. (but very humorous and entertaining at times).

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB View Post

The lack of training they do is mind-boggling for the incredibly dangerous activities they engage in. How no one individual or many of that ship have not tragically died yet in the antarctic waters is a small miracle.
                          It's a freaking massive miracle!
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

This show is AMAZING. Me and my buddies watch it, and I guarantee that 83% of its viewing audience, actually cheer on the Japanese whalers instead of the hippies. I'm really looking forward to the LRADs, and also the episode when the Steve finally watches a whale get slaughtered.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB View Post

).
                              I just loved when they lounged around and did nothing but worry about their dwindling fuel supplies on their trip to new zealand and back to the whaling grounds and they were shocked when the Japs had a strategic battle plan ready to attack them when they showed up.

oh and my favorite....Tora Tora Tora as the secret attack code....how dumb are these people?

I really hope they take the grappling hooks and sink their boats.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                              X