Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whale Wars

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Wow, so he does get on the Jap ship, after the captian asks for volunteers.

And his Sea Shepard buddies then throw him under the bus with the bow and arrow stuff. He never used it, it's just a convenient way to distance themsleves from him.

I do feel sorry for the guy. The Japs sink his ship, he volunteers to board the offending ship, and now he could get 15 yrs in prison. He goes from sailing around the world to a jail cell.
    Don't worry. He's been welcomed back into the fold and declared a hero. They say they tossed him out to help with his legal defense. Any publicity is good publicity.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

Wow, so he does get on the Jap ship, after the captian asks for volunteers.

And his Sea Shepard buddies then throw him under the bus with the bow and arrow stuff. He never used it, it's just a convenient way to distance themsleves from him.

I do feel sorry for the guy. The Japs sink his ship, he volunteers to board the offending ship, and now he could get 15 yrs in prison. He goes from sailing around the world to a jail cell.
      he didn't get in any trouble. Basically he was sentenced to 5 years in prison in Japan, that sentence was suspended and he was banned from Japan for the next 5 years. I'm sure that last part really hurts!
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
        he didn't get in any trouble. Basically he was sentenced to 5 years in prison in Japan, that sentence was suspended and he was banned from Japan for the next 5 years. I'm sure that last part really hurts!
        So the Jap court system is just as soft as the US's.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Or they just don't want to pay to keep him in the system. Japan's laws dealing with foreigners are rather messed up. Up until fairly recently iirc it was basically impossible for police to prosecute people who were involved in bringing in foreigners as sex slaves because the girls they would bring in would be illegal and unable to assist in providing evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
            Or they just don't want to pay to keep him in the system. Japan's laws dealing with foreigners are rather messed up. Up until fairly recently iirc it was basically impossible for police to prosecute people who were involved in bringing in foreigners as sex slaves because the girls they would bring in would be illegal and unable to assist in providing evidence.
            Yeah, that sounds really smart there. Make bringing in illegals illegal, but the illegals brought in are not allowed to tell the police or the courts about the who, how and when they were brought in.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Or imprisoning him and keeping him in Jail could make people look upon the Sea Shephards more favorably. Theres always that angle to look at. I'm sure there was alot of international media in that courtroom
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

From an article....

Wouldn't the Jap's refusal to cooperate deem them guilty??
                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                  From an article....

Wouldn't the Jap's refusal to cooperate deem them guilty??
                  That's how I would look at it.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

This may be my favorite episode ever.

Bob Barker is low on oil because morons miscalculated how much ship was burning each day. Because of this they will meet up with the Sea Sheppard to get some of their extra oil. Why did the Bob Barker have extra oil on-board so this wasn't necessary?

Because of this exchange, a guy off the Ady Gil won't go home and will therefore lose his real job. He goes off and yells at everyone.

When they meet up to exchange supplies, the two ships put their small speed boats in the water to make more room. While exchanging supplies, a storm comes up and floods both speed boats. The boat from the Bob Barker becomes detached and floats away. They go to retrieve the lost boat and destroy the propeller on it. The boat from the Sea Sheppard's has it's engine flooded.

So hilarious. This episode was 48 minutes on constant failure.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Why is that new?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                        Why is that new?
                        Sounds like it was extra special constant failure...like the Detroit Lions...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          This may be my favorite episode ever.

Bob Barker is low on oil because morons miscalculated how much ship was burning each day. Because of this they will meet up with the Sea Sheppard to get some of their extra oil. Why did the Bob Barker have extra oil on-board so this wasn't necessary?

Because of this exchange, a guy off the Ady Gil won't go home and will therefore lose his real job. He goes off and yells at everyone.

When they meet up to exchange supplies, the two ships put their small speed boats in the water to make more room. While exchanging supplies, a storm comes up and floods both speed boats. The boat from the Bob Barker becomes detached and floats away. They go to retrieve the lost boat and destroy the propeller on it. The boat from the Sea Sheppard's has it's engine flooded.

I guess that's what you get when have 25 hippies go out and play Navy. Seriously, they are so inept they are a far greater danger to themselves than they are to the Japanese. I remember thinking last season that Peter Brown was by far the most incompetent mariner ever, but they keep raising the bar of ineptitude this year.

I especially liked how they explained that the log books only said it used 50 liters of lube oil a day. Had they done a shakedown cruise (common, and simple common sense after an engine overhaul) they would not have looked like such morons on national TV.

They guy crying about the lower unit on the speedboat was a nice touch. I could (and have) replaced those in about two hours. Not a season ender like they played it up to be. Might be a little hard to find parts in the middle of the southern ocean, but anyone with a half a brain might think about carrying a couple of simple parts.
                          Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                          NFL Min
                          MLB NYM, Min
                          NHL Min, Dal
                          NCAAB Min, Baylor
                          NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                          Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                            They guy crying about the lower unit on the speedboat was a nice touch. I could (and have) replaced those in about two hours. Not a season ender like they played it up to be. Might be a little hard to find parts in the middle of the southern ocean, but anyone with a half a brain might think about carrying a couple of simple parts.

You're right. That is a very simple repair and it's insane to think they wouldn't have those parts onboard. Then again...that whole half a brain thing you mentioned likely comes into play with this bunch .
                            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                              You're right. That is a very simple repair and it's insane to think they wouldn't have those parts onboard. Then again...that whole half a brain thing you mentioned likely comes into play with this bunch .
                              The guy was a total idiot to gun it like he did knowing there were rocks there. They should have sent him home with the other 2 dude who had to leave.

There's no excuse not to have the spare parts abourd the ship. Lower unit damage is highly probably considering they are driving around icebergs quite often.

Another dumb thing was having 2 crew on the Addy with a limit on how long they had could be there. It would have been really dumb for the Addy to be enganged with the Japs, then have to leave due to these 2 guys. I could just hear the guys, "It's all about saving whales, I'd give my life for them, but I have to go home now or I'll get fired from my real job." Talk is cheap, losers.

What a great episode!
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I just got caught up with the past couple episodes...all I can say is wow. There is no holds barred action this season. The Japs are definitely goin all out. That whole maneuver with circling the bob barker while the Nishan made a run for it was brilliant...the Japs are so much smarter. It was hard to tell who was responsible for that collision when they made the run for the gap between the boats. I'd assume a court would say the japs because of the harrassment they were doing to the BB. I don't think the life jacket patch will last long.

The return of the Irwin and Pauls crazy shenanigans was pretty epic. I like the "Paul has had an antiquie water cannon attached to the bow of the Irwin this year"....can they really not afford a new cannon? I liked their sound system too. Seems like a big clash is on the horizon....but knowing the show is still 3-4 episodes away. Wonder when Berthune is going to parachute onto the ship.

On a side note...I saw an update on facebook that some moderate celebrity was planning on joining the sea shephards next year I believe. Paul seemed to like the skydive onto the ship....do you think we will see that next season....incompetent people jumping out of the helicopter to drop crap on the whaling ships?
                                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                                X