Whale Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whale Wars

Wow...that ship definitely went with the intent to ram the ady gil. If i'm not mistaken, the Ady's engines were off even. Crazy turn of events.

I love how inept the crew was at even beginning the rescue effort. What do we do now??? Let's call paul!
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      Wow...that ship definitely went with the intent to ram the ady gil. If i'm not mistaken, the Ady's engines were off even. Crazy turn of events.

I love how inept the crew was at even beginning the rescue effort. What do we do now??? Let's call paul!
      I agree. On that one the Japs were definately in the wrong. That final slight course adjustment to the left is the proof it was intentional. And the video from the Jap ship shows the Addy basically dead in the water.

There seemed to be no sense of urgency in the rescue. They should have had the small boats in the water asap and had people scrambling on the deck to do that. And they should have moved the Barker closer as well. Either that was poorly edited or these people are bigger dopes than we think.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I agree. On that one the Japs were definately in the wrong. That final slight course adjustment to the left is the proof it was intentional. And the video from the Jap ship shows the Addy basically dead in the water.

There seemed to be no sense of urgency in the rescue. They should have had the small boats in the water asap and had people scrambling on the deck to do that. And they should have moved the Barker closer as well. Either that was poorly edited or these people are bigger dopes than we think.
        After that "I've been shot" setup, I doubt that they're innocent in this situation. In the second video you can see that their engine was running.

The first video has unsafe language right at the start.
        ******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bbuq0YEIPNU&hl=en_US&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bbuq0YEIPNU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-dXCR9LX-Kc&hl=en_US&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-dXCR9LX-Kc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
          After that "I've been shot" setup, I doubt that they're innocent in this situation. In the second video you can see that their engine was running.
          The engines were idling it appears, it doesn't change the fact that the Ady was making no acts toward the ship, the whole crew was on deck. You can see the Shonan Maru #2 make a move toward the Ady at the last second to hit it. I think the one crew memeber was correct, that the #2, had planned on just grazing the Ady, but miscalculated their hit and took 6 feet off.

The final slap in the face, you can see on the second video....they blast them with the rear water cannon after the hit.
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
            The engines were idling it appears, it doesn't change the fact that the Ady was making no acts toward the ship, the whole crew was on deck. You can see the Shonan Maru #2 make a move toward the Ady at the last second to hit it. I think the one crew memeber was correct, that the #2, had planned on just grazing the Ady, but miscalculated their hit and took 6 feet off.

The final slap in the face, you can see on the second video....they blast them with the rear water cannon after the hit.
            Actually, only 4 of the 6 crew members were on the top of the Ady Gil. At least one of the crew was driving the ship, because the captain had told them to kill the engines. At about 15 seconds in the video posted above, the wake from the Ady Gil definitely changes from idling to moving.

After the fake shooting incident, it really wouldn't surprise me if they had it planned the whole time. They'll get plenty more in donations than the actual cost of the boat. Plus, they get more media attention and it could have completely stopped whaling all together. Definitely a risk they would be willing to take. It's pretty convenient that they got all but 2 people out of the boat right before the collision.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
              After the fake shooting incident, it really wouldn't surprise me if they had it planned the whole time. They'll get plenty more in donations than the actual cost of the boat. Plus, they get more media attention and it could have completely stopped whaling all together. Definitely a risk they would be willing to take. It's pretty convenient that they got all but 2 people out of the boat right before the collision.
              Them being out of the boat isn't that strange, that thing is probably really cramped so they wanted a better spot to watch things happen, and there is video of them just camped out on top relaxing.

Of course there's also last season where they purposely rammed a ship themselves so there's certainly a history of them doing that kind of stunt.

What's really funny is now they want to try and board a ship again. What kind of ******** planning is that?

Comment

To me it looked more like #2 caught a wave that pushed it far enough sideways to hit the AG. They were way too close to begin with, but I don't think they were intending the hit the boat in any fashion. They likely just wanted to get close enough to make sure they got them with the water cannon.
                "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                  After the fake shooting incident, it really wouldn't surprise me if they had it planned the whole time.
                  What ever happened with that fake shooting thing? I never saw it get resolved on the show.

It could have been planned. The Sea Shepards have done dirtier things than that, like actually sink ships.

Comment

What's really funny is now they want to try and board a ship again. What kind of ******** planning is that?
                    Entertaining planning. At least from my perspective...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

What a bunch of dopes. My guess is they will be unsuccessful at it. The Japs are smart enough to learn from past occurances and not allow them to. Or, if they were smart, they'd let them board, drug them, and plant an illegal drugs and weapons on them, and hold them until they get into a port.

Comment

What ever happened with that fake shooting thing? I never saw it get resolved on the show.

It could have been planned. The Sea Shepards have done dirtier things than that, like actually sink ships.
                        I'd heard a rumor that no one handed Paul the envelope full of white powder last year when they returned to hobart for restocking...he pulled it out of his pocket...as a media stunt
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

What a bunch of dopes. My guess is they will be unsuccessful at it. The Japs are smart enough to learn from past occurances and not allow them to. Or, if they were smart, they'd let them board, drug them, and plant an illegal drugs and weapons on them, and hold them until they get into a port.
                          I thought I had read something about how some of the Sea Shepherd crew were on trial in Japan. If thats right, its probably from them boarding the ship and then being detained.

edit: link to story
                          Last edited by MinnFan; 07-20-2010, 09:27 AM.
                          "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
                            I thought I had read something about how some of the Sea Shepherd crew were on trial in Japan. If thats right, its probably from them boarding the ship and then being detained.

edit: link to story
                            That doesn't surprise me... From the get go, you could tell that Pete wasn't a "Hippie" like the rest of the Sea Shepards... He meant business...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Wow, so he does get on the Jap ship, after the captian asks for volunteers.

And his Sea Shepard buddies then throw him under the bus with the bow and arrow stuff. He never used it, it's just a convenient way to distance themsleves from him.

I do feel sorry for the guy. The Japs sink his ship, he volunteers to board the offending ship, and now he could get 15 yrs in prison. He goes from sailing around the world to a jail cell.

Comment

So when a guy actually has the balls to do something that may work, they want nothing to do with him. Ridiculous.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X