Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North American hockey fans interest in soccer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North American hockey fans interest in soccer?

I remember vividly watching the 1992 world cup and getting hooked. Ivenever been able to get excited for club soccer unless it involves a great American player like Reyna, Dempsey or Donovan. I love world cup, gold cup and any USA national game. MLS has never interested me, probably because I don't have a team and the quality isn't there.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I remember vividly watching the 1992 world cup and getting hooked. Ivenever been able to get excited for club soccer unless it involves a great American player like Reyna, Dempsey or Donovan. I love world cup, gold cup and any USA national game. MLS has never interested me, probably because I don't have a team and the quality isn't there.
      1994? (the one in the US)
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        1994? (the one in the US)
        yes sorry 1994, the US one...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Speaking of soccer, did the last World Soccer thread get nuked? It doesn't seem to exist anymore.
          Probably was started by Priceless and went phoomph and disappeared when he did?

Incidentally, they need to make it hard (or impossible) for a thread originator to take down a well-populated thread.
          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
            Probably was started by Priceless and went phoomph and disappeared when he did?

Incidentally, they need to make it hard (or impossible) for a thread originator to take down a well-populated thread.
            It would be easier if people just weren't whiny little *****es like Priceless was/is.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              It would be easier if people just weren't whiny little *****es like Priceless was/is.
              +1000

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...gue-in-america

MLS third in attendance behind football and baseball. Maybe 3 years ago I got into a nasty exchange on one of these threads with a guy saying soccer would NEVER become a major sport in the US...the demographic changes alone make that an idiotic statement...not to mention millions of people growing up playing the sport and becoming adults...I couldn't have named 1 kid played soccer in my grade school and in HS it was only football cuts that populated the team.

Now we've got millions of kids playing every weekend...they wont all grow up to be fans but they won't hate the sport and they will be willing to watch just like not all football and baseball fans were big athletes.
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

I'm interested for the next two hours or so...

Footnote: Solo looks a lot better while playing than she does off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    It'd also help if people just weren't *******s, but they are, and they are.
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Working...
                    X