Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North American hockey fans interest in soccer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MountieBoyOz
    replied
    Re: North American hockey fans interest in soccer?

There are a few fans on the board. I'm a big EPL (Man United is my team) fan. I know UNH GH likes Pompey and there are fans of Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Fulham and other sides on this board.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Just because:

http://thechive.com/2011/07/18/hope-...gan-26-photos/

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You ask a question about interest, and yet only want people who like soccer to post....

which is it?

I have 1% interest in soccer (maybe catch 5 minutes of a World Cup game). 2% if you include Hope Solo in the soccer discussion (pics required).
    Alex Morgan > Hope Solo.

I'll watch the US during international competition (Olympics and World Cup). After that, no interest really. I think there are quite a few soccer fans on here, JimJamesak being probably the most well known, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    What about Alex Morgan?
    That right there is the Olympic soccer version of Ginger/Mary Ann. The correct answer is obviously yes, but that can never be attained. So I go with Hope. Something about those eyes seal the deal.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    What about Alex Morgan?
    *****http://wizbangblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/hs-alex-morgan02-500x739.jpg******

Does have the edge over Solo in that she hasn't openly admitted to being defiled by Vince Vaughn.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

What about Alex Morgan?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

You ask a question about interest, and yet only want people who like soccer to post....

which is it?

I have 1% interest in soccer (maybe catch 5 minutes of a World Cup game). 2% if you include Hope Solo in the soccer discussion (pics required).

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

You want to know if people on the board like soccer? Or do you want to know if we think hockey and soccer are similar?

Speaking of soccer, did the last World Soccer thread get nuked? It doesn't seem to exist anymore.
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 08-07-2012, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    started a topic North American hockey fans interest in soccer?

North American hockey fans interest in soccer?

Originally posted by Coog
    Both hockey and soccer are to be regarded as minor sports in the US. As I see it, the sports share some similarities. The objective is to put the puck/ball in a net. The most popular american sports are played in short bursts of action while hockey and soccer are more free flowing games. Both sports also, are relatively low scoring compared to other US sports.

So naturally I’m curious about if there’s any interest from the American and Canadian hockey crowds in soccer? Seems natural you, if any, would fins some interest in it.
    Since, it is the off season I wanted to see the opinions of posters on USCHO. Please soccer haters stay out. We already know what you think. YWNWA
Working...
X