Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

    Where were we?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  • #2
    Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Where were we?
    Justifying bigotry against religion.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

      We'll put a stop to that!!!
      *****https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/179117_411426855559465_641223451_n.jpg******
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

      ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

      Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

      I want to live forever. So far, so good.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

        Have any of the lemmings crying about the Chick kerfuffle read any of the statements coming from the bigots to which they donate? Yup, they have a Constitutional right to express themselves, but God forbid anyone exercise their constitutional right to speak out in rebuttal.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

          Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Have any of the lemmings crying about the Chick kerfuffle read any of the statements coming from the bigots to which they donate? Yup, they have a Constitutional right to express themselves, but God forbid anyone exercise their constitutional right to speak out in rebuttal.
          Who, exactly, is trying to shut you and Roseanne up? Another strawman argument in favor of bigotry.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

            Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Justifying bigotry against religion.
            "From the standpoint of conventional history, the fact that America was founded by believing Christians, for specifically religious reasons, is an intense embarrassment."

            M Stanton Evans

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

              I was thinking today if they made Chick Fil A's polling places, we may have an increased voter turnout.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

              ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

              Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

              I want to live forever. So far, so good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

                Looks like Chick Fil a made some money today
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

                  Friday should be fun, too.

                  *****http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/592203_444598242237116_1028266764_n.jpg******

                  (I'd have held it at their competitors. Why even give them a dollar?)
                  Last edited by Kepler; 08-01-2012, 07:56 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

                    Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    We'll put a stop to that!!!
                    *****https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/179117_411426855559465_641223451_n.jpg******
                    You forgot one...

                    *****http://adammclane.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/jesus-gun.jpg******
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

                      Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Friday should be fun, too.

                      *****http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/592203_444598242237116_1028266764_n.jpg******

                      (I'd have held it at their competitors. Why even give them a dollar?)
                      As long as they bring their cash and their condoms and their dental dams, who cares?
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

                        Personally, this is getting blown way out of proportion. A group can have a stance, but said group must be prepared to defend that position for criticism. This is just wasted energy. I'd rather find a way to find more jobs, fix the economy and make the country better. However, that would require effort and working together and Lord knows people are too high and mighty to actually want to compromise because that would mean interact with the other side for something other than childish name-calling.

                        Besides, I'm a Swiss Chalet fan.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

                        2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

                        Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

                        "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

                        Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

                          This just in -- Rich and Poor live in separate neighborhoods. I'm shocked! SHOCKED! that this made the Washington Post (no I'm not).
                          http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...tml?tid=pm_pop

                          Take a look @ DC. The well to do live left of Rock Creek, the less well off live east of the Anacostia. It has not changed in a long time, despite the efforts of Mr. Barry. And heaven forbid the folks in Brookline associate with the hoi polloi who live in Southie.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

                          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

                            Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            This just in -- Rich and Poor live in separate neighborhoods. I'm shocked! SHOCKED! that this made the Washington Post (no I'm not).
                            http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...tml?tid=pm_pop

                            Take a look @ DC. The well to do live left of Rock Creek, the less well off live east of the Anacostia. It has not changed in a long time, despite the efforts of Mr. Barry. And heaven forbid the folks in Brookline associate with the hoi polloi who live in Southie.
                            yup, america is too rich. waste of f ing money.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

                              Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              Personally, this is getting blown way out of proportion. A group can have a stance, but said group must be prepared to defend that position for criticism. This is just wasted energy. I'd rather find a way to find more jobs, fix the economy and make the country better. However, that would require effort and working together and Lord knows people are too high and mighty to actually want to compromise because that would mean interact with the other side for something other than childish name-calling

                              Besides, I'm a Swiss Chalet fan.
                              You're right. As long as we're clear who's doing the blowing. . .out of proportion, that is.

                              And threatening to use the power of government to keep an honest, successful business from operating in a city is not calculated to ease unemployment and is also illegal.

                              I'd be very surprised if Chick-fil-a and its franchisees don't have gay employees and customers. Not every gay person wants Roseanne to tell him/her where to eat. The "compromise" is have lunch there or not, as you choose.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 08-01-2012, 08:50 PM.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X