Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Because you clearly don't understand the electoral college?
    Then his people think he is in trouble, chasing after 6 votes.

Have read rumors his internals are bad, but Iowa???
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post

Iowa is a battleground state. Why wouldn't he spend some time there? And he's spending it there in the dog days of August. I fail to see the issue.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ryan's budget proposal isn't perfect, for sure, but I'm glad he was picked, as hopefully it'll push for more substantive discussion in the campaign about the nation's financial/budget crisis. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

It's common knowledge that Obama is going to win less states than in 2008. After redistricting and handing Indiana and North Carolina back to Romney, it's 332-206. It doesn't matter how or where he holds onto 62 more votes as long as he does. This isn't 2000 or 2004 where Florida or Ohio alone will tip the scales. Romney will be in Iowa or some other small state soon enough as well.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Obama is spending three days in Iowa? Tell me how that is not a sign of serious trouble in his reelection campaign?
            Because the Obama campaign thinks Ryan has a better chance to carry Iowa than Ryan's home state of Wisconsin. And they're probably right.

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            Ryan's budget proposal isn't perfect.
            Sounds like you're standards for perfection are fairly low.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Sounds like you're standards for perfection are fairly low.
              read the part you quoted once more. He said that Ryan's proposal ISN'T perfect.
              But he's one of the few (the only?) politicians willing to admit that we're all screwed if we don't get serious about dialing back spending to rational levels. That's important.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                But he's one of the few (the only?) politicians willing to admit that we're all screwed if we don't get serious about dialing back spending to rational levels. That's important.
                The biggest problem with Ryan's conceptual budget is that it doesn't cut defense. But, if people stop and realize that his budget would never be implemented in a vacuum, I'm sure he realized that the Dems main area where they'd want to cut is defense, so there'd certainly be give and take on that to reach a final budget. Comments like 5mn's just remind me how little the American electorate is engaged in or seems to even care that our nation is racing towards fiscal disaster. I predict Ryan will be absolutely crucified the next few months for actually putting forward a substantive (if flawed) proposal to address our nation's fiscal problems.
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

It's perfect for the Baby Boomers. They get a pass.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Don't get me wrong as I said before...

I think Ryan is a smart pick. He is likeable and gets some attention back to the ticket at a time when Romney needed it. His plan is biased and this may be sensed by many in the middle. The team will be at risk with many aspects of the budget plan to the middle...but its exactly the right agenda item to bring to the forefront. The GOP is correct in wanting to raise the deficit or 'fiscal' conservative side of its platform (rather than trojan horse social conservatism and its military counterpart which typically results in the majority of GOP attention and which most moderates can't stand).

I just don't think Ryan helped give the ticket any critically needed experience beyond the budget (which Romney probably had the tools for anyways)...and not in the areas of actual public policy, the economy and foriegn affairs.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                      Comments like 5mn's just remind me how little the American electorate is engaged in or seems to even care that our nation is racing towards fiscal disaster. I predict Ryan will be absolutely crucified the next few months for actually putting forward a substantive (if flawed) proposal to address our nation's fiscal problems.
                      Bob read my previous post. Fiscal responsibility is the issue for the GOP...and is needed across the board. As the previous 12 years have shown, the only time the GOP is interesed in fiscal responsibility is when they are either out of power...or they put the burden on the bottom half of Americans and infrastructure like education and science both of which are needed to build the country's future strength.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        It's perfect for the Baby Boomers. They get a pass.
                        So, at the very least, it's no worse than the status quo.
                        Very well, said.
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Bob read my previous post. Fiscal responsibility is the issue for the GOP...and is needed across the board. As the previous 12 years have shown, the only time the GOP is interesed in fiscal responsibility is when they are either out of power...or they put the burden on the bottom half of Americans and infrastructure like education and science both of which are needed to build the country's future strength.
                          Which, even if true, is more effort than your party makes toward fiscal responsibility. So, tell me, is fiscal responsibility at all important to you in how our nation is run and how we pick our leaders?
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Given the panic and dumbassery surrounding the "super committee" automatic spending cuts for next year, it's pretty impossible for me to view Ryan's plan as an opening gambit where negotiations would lead to something that everyone could swallow.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

But [Ryan is] one of the few (the only?) politicians willing to admit that we're all screwed if we don't get serious about dialing back spending to rational levels. That's important.
                              There are a lot of Republicans who are happy to say that we're screwed if we don't dial spending back. There are two issues there. First is that they're in a mad rush to do it right now, immediately, regardless of the economic consequences (to the credit of some, they subscribe to the Austrian school, so they come by their position honestly, even if I think it's terribly wrong-headed). Second is that their willingness to make admissions only extends as far as dialing back spending. They remain steadfastly unwilling to admit that we're all screwed if we don't return taxation to rational levels (or we'll have to return to a 1900-style social contract, which is great for the robber baron social darwinists but bad for just about everyone else).
                              Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                              Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                                There are a lot of Republicans who are happy to say that we're screwed if we don't dial spending back. There are two issues there. First is that they're in a mad rush to do it right now, immediately, regardless of the economic consequences (to the credit of some, they subscribe to the Austrian school, so they come by their position honestly, even if I think it's terribly wrong-headed). Second is that their willingness to make admissions only extends as far as dialing back spending. They remain steadfastly unwilling to admit that we're all screwed if we don't return taxation to rational levels (or we'll have to return to a 1900-style social contract, which is great for the robber baron social darwinists but bad for just about everyone else).
                                Where were they when Bush was running the system into the ground?

Paul Ryan is a fine example. He rubber stamped EVERYTHING that Bush did. And we're to believe that he's fiscally sane? No, I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X