Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Fresh Fish is a liberal Flag is the independent I believe which I actually buy.

Mitt reminds me of the DFL Party here in Minnesota...they always have these great ideas, they talk about all the stuff they are going to do but never have any real substance behind it or how they plan to implement it. It is all just BS.

And FF, this isnt a movie...Mitt being out in front of the criticism and trying to head it off at the pass like Eminem in 8 Mile is not going to help him in any way. Leaving aside the fact that he hasnt been able to do it at all since the primaries started (despite everyone knowing how he was going to be attacked from Day 1) doing it now is not going to all of a sudden make him look like a more electable guy to anyone but his base. Winning the GOP vote should not be his primary concern winning the independent vote should be. Acknowledging faults will do nothing but bring them to the forefront again.

Mitt and his people have run one of the dumbest campaigns I have seen. If the GOP had put forth a real candidate (not "The Next Guy in Line" ) I think they would be running high and fast to the White House at this point.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Mitt and his people have run one of the dumbest campaigns I have seen. If the GOP had put forth a real candidate (not "The Next Guy in Line" ) I think they would be running high and fast to the White House at this point.

You can I can certainly agree on this point!
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Pretty much - exactly like the last time a stiff from Massachusetts was on the ballot.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

What I can't figure out is why all the Republicans bailed this round. We all know the story of how Clinton "backed" into the nomination because all the expected Democrats chose not to run with Bush I rolling along with 80%+ approval ratings the previous year, and his son was somewhat similar in 2003, not dropping below 60% until late June.

Obama's never had that kind of approval rating, and yet all last summer was lists of Republican front runners saying "Eh, not interested right now."
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

One thing for certain is that Romney has to get the edge with women's vote, the elderly, and the minority vote. I just don't see how he will with what he has said and now with Ryan on the ticket. No matter what party gets in the WH, I don't think either one will stop the collapse in 2013 that is predicted by some economist because of our debt, the way we're printing money and how the dollar will keep losing its value, another bubble is predicted, etc. Congress has no ability to get anything done because of party lines and its killing this country. A 3rd party is needed in this 2-party controlled nation. They will never agree to clean up the corruption and the money spent on lobbying that goes on.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              One thing for certain is that Romney has to get the edge with women's vote, the elderly, and the minority vote.
              ROTFLMAO

He has no shot at the women's vote, no shot at Hispanics. He'll keep the old people cause the Baby Boomers love the idea of cashing out and leaving everyone else bankrupt.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                What I can't figure out is why all the Republicans bailed this round.
                Mitch Daniels, yes (and I think he would have won if he'd run).

Who else bailed that would have been a good candidate? Rick Perry seemed like a rock star until he actually had to think on his feet, and we were reminded that the main reason he's been winning elections in TX is because of his hair.
                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  ROTFLMAO

He has no shot at the women's vote, no shot at Hispanics. He'll keep the old people cause the Baby Boomers love the idea of cashing out and leaving everyone else bankrupt.
                  I think about it everyday and laugh gleefully at the prospect of you standing in a soup line.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    What about our courtrooms, and our currency? I haven't heard much agitation to redo the back of all our paper money....
                    I believe the SCOTUS term is: "Harmless deism." Amen.

I mean, let's not offend "Dr." Hasan as he's paying cash for the ammunition to shoot up Fort Hood by having "In God we Trust" printed on the back. Nosiree.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Well, we have our first substantive issue.

When Obama picked Biden, God didn't kill anybody to celebrate.
                      Is this based on a claim or statement that a Republican actually made regarding the earthquake? Or is it just a slightly odd joke that I don't get? Or both?
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I don't see why it was a big deal keeping his VP choice a secret for a week. Flying to Hartford and getting picked up to be driven to Boston in secret does not interest most people. Most people who are struggling have other things on their minds. I think making it hard for people to vote in the upcoming election is another matter and has serious implications for the November election. Eventually, he has to allow access to his other returns that he won't release yet and what he did at Bain is very relevant for people to decide about his candidacy in the election. Certainly, his bumbling comments in England gave us some info about how he will handle foreign affairs and relations. Raising more money is a sad statement on our politics if that is the reason who gets elected next and not based on issues and policies that affect the nation, especially the middle class and poor. We are in a sad state when colleges can keep raising tuition and restrict access to education and jobs to the wealthy if student loans are severely cut back. With the way the economy is going, a degree doesn't even ensure many of a job.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          I don't see why it was a big deal keeping his VP choice a secret for a week. Flying to Hartford and getting picked up to be driven to Boston in secret does not interest most people. Most people who are struggling have other things on their minds. I think making it hard for people to vote in the upcoming election is another matter and has serious implications for the November election. Eventually, he has to allow access to his other returns that he won't release yet and what he did at Bain is very relevant for people to decide about his candidacy in the election. Certainly, his bumbling comments in England gave us some info about how he will handle foreign affairs and relations. Raising more money is a sad statement on our politics if that is the reason who gets elected next and not based on issues and policies that affect the nation, especially the middle class and poor. We are in a sad state when colleges can keep raising tuition and restrict access to education and jobs to the wealthy if student loans are severely cut back. With the way the economy is going, a degree doesn't even ensure many of a job.
                          "vampire," "felon," "tax cheat," "murderer." THAT's how His Newtoneness is running his campaign. You have noticed, haven't you, that he's had more fundraisers than any presidential candidate ever (he's doing FIVE today)? What's your feeling about His Panderness releasing his college transcripts? "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." We've had 5,000 word articles about some Romney incident in prep school and the publshing of his freshman report card from high school. Let His Sleaziness release his transcripts and Romney will release his tax returns.

How long do you suppose it will be before His Oneness attacks Romney's religion? I'd say any day now.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 08-12-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            He'll keep the old people cause the Baby Boomers love the idea of cashing out and leaving everyone else bankrupt.
                            My mother-in-law is 60. She had been on the fence but she believes Ryan "wants to end Medicare" and thinks it will affect her, so now she's completely in the Dem column.

I think a lot of Boomers are going to be worried like that. It may not be warranted by the Ryan Plan specifics, but then again, "death panels."
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Is this based on a claim or statement that a Republican actually made regarding the earthquake? Or is it just a slightly odd joke that I don't get? Or both?
                              AFAIK, just a joke based on the GOPers who tend to crawl out of the woodwork whenever there's a natural disaster and blame it on God's wrath. Don't lose any sleep.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Too early to tell.

Romney won the nomination by default against the weakest major party field in memory. Now he faces a very strong campaign, and his Signature Move (go negative, then squeal when your opponent goes negative) isn't working. Picking Ryan is, IMHO, a sign that his handlers have decided to run a substantive campaign because they had no other choice.

However we got here, it's better than I expected.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X