Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

If this is such a slam dunk, you must be predicting Mitt to come out in favor of severe sanctions on Penn St. I'm not holding my breath.
    Severe? What those kids got at the hands of Sandusky was severe, Penn State got diddly in comparison. Obamas brave position is a total no brainer. Grasping at straws much?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      As someone who is pro farting in church, I'm not sure I could vote for him...
      Silent but deadly. Amen.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        Silent but deadly. Amen.
        Nah, I prefer the ones so loud it makes the entire congregation blush.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nah, I prefer the ones so loud it makes the entire congregation blush.
          The trick is after stepping on that duck, you look accusingly at the little old lady sitting next to you. Benny Hill had a decades long show business career, built significantly on the fact that farting is always funny.

Comment

The trick is after stepping on that duck, you look accusingly at the little old lady sitting next to you.
            ******* width="420" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EqwlrUJdO04?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EqwlrUJdO04?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Meanwhile, "Second City" offers its analysis of the mayor in the great "sandwich" dustup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qYKn6_9SCR8

Comment

Silver declares an upper bound for Obama.

Obama had 365 (+95) EV in 2008. Assume he wins no new states.

He loses 6 EV from electoral changes from 2008 through 2012. That gives him an upper bound of 359 (+89). Question is, can Romney flip 89 EV (he would almost certainly win a tie in the House)?

The obvious:

IN 11
                NC 15

26 down, 63 to go.

After:

FL 29
                VA 13
                NE 1 (the district slot)

it starts to look very difficult for Romney to move anything else (absent a sea change, of course).

That would be 290 (+20).
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Colorado and Iowa look most likely to flip after those three currently, which moves it down to 275. So, in bad news for the people of the Worst State of the Union, Ohio then becomes the battleground. Sucks for them.

Edit: On a similar note, Silver has commented on how this has been a pretty static race nationally. Have we reached a point where this **** goes on so long that when you get down to it, the only undecideds left are people that are going to lunch on the 2nd Tuesday in November and decide that voting after work isn't worth the time anyway?
                  Last edited by bronconick; 08-04-2012, 09:53 PM.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Obamas brave position is a total no brainer.
                    One that Romney doesn't have the stones for?

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Colorado and Iowa look most likely to flip after those three currently, which moves it down to 275. So, in bad news for the people of the Worst State of the Union, Ohio then becomes the battleground. Sucks for them.

Edit: On a similar note, Silver has commented on how this has been a pretty static race nationally. Have we reached a point where this **** goes on so long that when you get down to it, the only undecideds left are people that are going to lunch on the 2nd Tuesday in November and decide that voting after work isn't worth the time anyway?
                    Its not the only state...but if there is a state, Ohio is it.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Have we reached a point where this **** goes on so long that when you get down to it, the only undecideds left are people that are going to lunch on the 2nd Tuesday in November and decide that voting after work isn't worth the time anyway?
                      I've completely lost perspective, both living in the DC area and being immersed in politics 24/7 with my wife's job, but supposedly there are still lots of undecideds out there. Whether they actually vote or not is another matter.

In the 290 scenario below, if Romney could flip OH (18) then any one other state (CO, NV, IA, even NH) would win it for him. You hafta think that gives Portman a big leg up in the veepstakes.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 08-04-2012, 10:32 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mitt Romney also hasn't come out against firing puppies out of cannons into the sun. Obviously he doesn't have the stones for that either.
                        Code:

Comment

Mitt Romney also hasn't come out against firing puppies out of cannons into the sun. Obviously he doesn't have the stones for that either.

Do we know where they stand on putting the lid down? And whether the TP should unspool over or under the roll? Drinking milk or OJ directly out of the container?
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 08-04-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Do we know where they stand on putting the lid down? And whether the TP should unspool over or under the roll? Drinking milk or OJ directly out of the container?
                            So help me God, if one of them says underhand...

(Dear FBI, this is me joking.)
                            Code:

Comment

Michael Tomasky on the (Possible) Coming Obama Landslide

...But whatever happens with that law, Pennsylvania has been trending back toward Obama lately. He now holds a lead there of nearly seven points, and he’s close to 50. And as I wrote the other day, Nate Silver now gives Barack Obama a slightly better chance of winning Montana than he does Romney of winning Pennsylvania. That tells you something.

So if Pennsylvania is off the boards, let’s look around. Imagine it’s election night, say 10:45 east coast time. Four eastern states haven’t been called yet: Ohio (18), Virginia (13), North Carolina (15), and Florida (29). Also, in some Western states, the polls haven’t closed, or the races are too tight to project just yet—Colorado and Nevada, say. Arizona has just been called for Romney. At this point, Romney actually leads, 188 to 182. In this scenario I’m assuming Obama has won Iowa (6), which is admittedly close but where his lead has been stable at three or four points, and New Hampshire (4), where Obama has a similar fairly small but stable lead, and Michigan (16), where the gap appears to be opening up a little.

So it’s a six-vote Romney edge. They’re feeling great up in Boston. Especially with the big Eastern four still up in the air. Right?

Not really. Let’s look at these West Coast states. Even though they’re still voting in California, obviously Obama is going to win it (55). And equally obviously, he’s going to win Washington (12) and Oregon (7), where neither side even bothered to spend a dime. Throw in Hawaii (4). Those 78 votes haul Obama up to 260. That’s something to keep in mind for election night: Whatever Obama’s number is at 10 pm Eastern, add those 78 EV’s—they’re a mortal lock, and a hefty insurance policy. If he wins Nevada (6) and Colorado (9), it’s over.

In other words, Obama can lose the big Eastern four—Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida: all of ’em!—and still be reelected.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Your standards are pretty low, aren't they
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X