Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Smug, condescending, inconsiderate "gay rights" bully offers his opinions of Chick-fil-a's management to the lady working in the drive through window. Like she doesn't have anything else to do except listen to this preening a*shole. Mr. Modesty posted this video on You Tube AND WAS PROMPTLY FIRED BY HIS COMPANY. Good for them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/vante...-for-it-2012-8

Do Chick-fil-a employees "deserve" cancer, too?
    "I don't know how you live with yourself and work here", he says, as he accepts the chicken sandwich he's about to scarf down and enjoys the fact that he probably never worked a minimum wage job in his life. Those designer frames say it all - the guy's a d-bag.

Classic.

Comment

For me it's rather simple: you either believe in the First Amendment or you don't. And the "tolerance" enforcers, including the various mayors, have shown they don't. And any number of liberals have pointed out that "thought crimes" are not really in the American tradition.

Rahm's case is interesting, since during the time he worked for His Gaypanderness in DC, the president's position on this matter, stated repeatedly and categorically, was indistinguishable from Mr. Cathy's position. While it's true everyone knew His Excellentness was lying through his teeth (and that's perhaps a subject for another thread, the point is, up until about 90 days ago, the president's position was not reflective of "Chicago values" either. I suppose Rahm offered him a plenary dispensation. And then started snuggling up to Louis Farrakhan.
      Not sure what this has to do with my post that you have quoted. It seems to me that no one here believes in violating the sanctity of the 1st amendment. I said that "for me" this crosses the line. I believe that some of those organizations that Chick-Fil-A supports are evil and un-American, and I couldn't look myself in the eye if I supported them, even indirectly. Obviously, however, (and people seem to agree that this is obvious) there is nothing government can or should do about the charitable contributions companies make.

Comment

Maybe what the CFA stores should do is offer free grub or drinks to the protesters (and make sure the local media have been advised of the plan). Just happy, smiling, multi-culti CFA employees (how about if one or more is gay? Wouldn't that be a ball buster?) spreading joy and cheer and lunch to those ideological enforcers. If it were me, I'd have the employees wear pink triangles, but that's over Dupers "line."
        Oh snap. That's brilliant.

The protesters and supporters would be relegated to screaming this:
        ******* width="420" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IOC-hDULX1c?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IOC-hDULX1c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          The left in this country really needs a swift kick in the *** to try and knock some sense into them on how to truly stage a protest. These buffoons are as bad as the Tea Party.
          Exactly. These are the kind of "ram it down your throat" dimwits that give every controversial political movement a bad name. I'd like to be there just to kick them in their stupid looking faces as soon as they started, if we had one in the neighborhood.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            "I don't know how you live with yourself and work here", he says, as he accepts the chicken sandwich he's about to scarf down and enjoys the fact that he probably never worked a minimum wage job in his life. Those designer frames say it all - the guy's a d-bag.

Classic.
            No no. The guy went through the drive through and got a free water. No food. No cash exchanged. Just pure jackassery.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Maybe what the CFA stores should do is offer free grub or drinks to the protesters (and make sure the local media have been advised of the plan). Just happy, smiling, multi-culti CFA employees (how about if one or more is gay? Wouldn't that be a ball buster?) spreading joy and cheer and lunch to those ideological enforcers. If it were me, I'd have the employees wear pink triangles, but that's over Dupers "line."
              So you believe in the 1st amendment, as long as it doesn't include INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS protesting a business that publicly supports a reprehensible cause (in their opinion). Interesting.

I do sometimes forget that before exercising 1st amendment rights, we need to make sure that Old Pio doesn't find the issue ridiculous.
              Last edited by duper; 08-02-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

No no. The guy went through the drive through and got a free water. No food. No cash exchanged. Just pure jackassery.
                My mistake - should've actually watched the video. Doesn't alter the rest of my sentiments.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  My mistake - should've actually watched the video. Doesn't alter the rest of my sentiments.
                  In fact, it makes it more ridiculous to me. He went out of his way, waited in a long line, from what he said (although he only showed one car in front of him) just to act like an idiot toward someone who has absolutely nothing to do with the thing that he is upset about.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    So you believe in the 1st amendment, as long as it doesn't include INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS protesting a business that publicly supports a reprehensible cause. Interesting.
                    Corporations are people my friend.

Comment

So you believe in the 1st amendment, as long as it doesn't include INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS protesting a business that publicly supports a reprehensible cause. Interesting.
                      You misunderstand. They have a right to protest. I have a right to criticize their protests. You really ought to try to comment on what I actually say, and stop with the boiler plate rhetoric. It is not me nor anyone who agrees with me, who is advocating encroaching on anyone's rights. "Reprehensible?" You and Rahm and the other Gauleiters of political correctness are channeling each other. Was Obama "reprehensible" up 'til 90 days ago? And did you say so? Here?
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 08-02-2012, 08:35 PM.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Not sure what this has to do with my post that you have quoted. It seems to me that no one here believes in violating the sanctity of the 1st amendment. I said that "for me" this crosses the line. I believe that some of those organizations that Chick-Fil-A supports are evil and un-American, and I couldn't look myself in the eye if I supported them, even indirectly. Obviously, however, (and people seem to agree that this is obvious) there is nothing government can or should do about the charitable contributions companies make.
                        Isn't it wonderful, you're free to make up your mind on these matters and act according to your conscience. Without bullying from pandering politicians. We all have those rights. The "gay rights" leg breakers evidently aren't aware of that.

Comment

No matter what one may think of the owners of Chick, that guy was a grade-A doosh.

Comment

So you believe in the 1st amendment, as long as it doesn't include INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS protesting a business that publicly supports a reprehensible cause (in their opinion). Interesting.

I do sometimes forget that before exercising 1st amendment rights, we need to make sure that Old Pio doesn't find the issue ridiculous.
                            Even you can't possibly believe that shiza.

Comment

Oh snap. That's brilliant.

The protesters and supporters would be relegated to screaming this:
                              ******* width="420" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IOC-hDULX1c?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IOC-hDULX1c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
                              A tranny CFA employee would be too much to hope for, right? Maybe a drag queen. Or, as the city of San Francisco calls them: "gender illusionists."
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 08-02-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

You misunderstand. They have a right to protest. I have a right to criticize their protests. You really ought to try to comment on what I actually say, and stop with the boiler plate rhetoric. It is not me nor anyone who agrees with me, who is advocating encroaching on anyone's rights. "Reprehensible?" You and Rahm and the other Gauleiters of political correctness are channeling each other. Was Obama "reprehensible" up 'til 90 days ago? And did you say so? Here?
                                I understood quite well.

In fact, I did comment on what you said. I said, in 2 separate posts, that the politicians who threatened to prevent the store from opening in their area crossed the line. I'm not sure what more you want me to say than that. Should I change my opinion because three politicians acted like fascist jerks? Or is it because three DEMOCRAT politicians acted like fascist jerks that I should change my opinion?

Comment

Working...
                                X