Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012 -- Carrion My Wayward Son!

With all the caveman activity out here I'm curious why nobody has answered how using Medicare cuts to fund tax cuts for the rich benefits the rest of us? Also why do people over 55 get a free ride?

Thoughts?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      The party out of power always has the goal of making the incumbent a one term president.
      No Congressional leader has ever been as blatant about it as Mitch McConnell. If you remember correctly Tip worked with Reagan. Mitch won't work with Obama on anything.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        The Dems didn't cause this crisis directly -- that's the Tea Party ...'s doing .

What??????

The crisis occured in 2008; the TEA Party didn't even start until after Pelosi and Reid rammed the PPACA through Congress.

How can something that was not even in existence when the crisis occured be the "direct cause" of the crisis?

Wow.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          The party out of power always has the goal of making the incumbent a one term president.
          Few parties put a gun to the country's head to achieve it. A few have tried.

It's been fairly common in Europe, but in the US no opposition party has yet successfully sabotaged the government in order to take control of it, but the GOP is free to try. The Federalists and the Whigs have some advice for where that leads.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            With all the caveman activity out here I'm curious why nobody has answered how using Medicare cuts to fund tax cuts for the rich benefits the rest of us? Also why do people over 55 get a free ride?

Thoughts?
            um...Obama cut over $700 billion from Medicare to fund PPACA, no?

My thoughts are that you are setting up a bogus "argument" in the first place. Please show me where anyone has suggested cutting Medicare? The premium support model says take the money that is already being spent anyway and spent it more effectively. You have not explained how that equates to a "cut" when the funding level stays the same.

Also, please show me where anyone has proposed tax cuts for the rich. the proposal is that we make the tax code more growth-friendly by using revenue-neutral adjustments: there's a one-for-one trade-off between fewer deductions and lower rates, so that revenue is the same either way but one rewards productivity instead of being well-connected to a special-interest Congressman. Where is the "cut" here?

So you raise two phantoms, neither of which has been proposed, and then ask someone why your phantoms have no substance?

or are you a Democratic speechwriter testing out material?

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Thoughts?
              Sorry, we've been too busy beating our wives. Have you stopped that yet?
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                What??????

The crisis occured in 2008; the TEA Party didn't even start until after Pelosi and Reid rammed the PPACA through Congress.

How can something that was not even in existence when the crisis occured be the "direct cause" of the crisis?

Wow.
                Actually, the TEA Party started after the government bailed out Fannie and Freddie in March of 2009, and decided to subsidise the losers' mortgages.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  I dunno about you, but we've been beating Harvard...

(except when it counts. I know, I know)

Meanwhile, some Republicans are worried about the effect of Ryan downticket.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    I beat my wife up every morning. On weekdays, I'm out of the house before she wakes up. On weekends, since I beat her up then too, I get up first to make coffee.

Comment

I dunno about you, but we've been beating Harvard...

(except when it counts. I know, I know)

Meanwhile, some Republicans are worried about the effect of Ryan downticket.
                      You certainly haven't been beating a team that spent most of the year in the basement, though...

Comment

What??????

Wow.
                        Try again. Do you recall the debt ceiling debacle and the hostage taking of the full faith and credit of the US, brought to you by your local TP rump? That's what we're talking about here.
                        Cornell University

Comment

I beat my wife up every morning. On weekdays, I'm out of the house before she wakes up. On weekends, since I beat her up then too, I get up first to make coffee.
                          I usually beat my wife up also, though on occasion she beats me up. This morning I beat her a good hour or so.
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

um...Obama cut over $700 billion from Medicare to fund PPACA, no?

My thoughts are that you are setting up a bogus "argument" in the first place. Please show me where anyone has suggested cutting Medicare? The premium support model says take the money that is already being spent anyway and spent it more effectively. You have not explained how that equates to a "cut" when the funding level stays the same.

Also, please show me where anyone has proposed tax cuts for the rich. the proposal is that we make the tax code more growth-friendly by using revenue-neutral adjustments: there's a one-for-one trade-off between fewer deductions and lower rates, so that revenue is the same either way but one rewards productivity instead of being well-connected to a special-interest Congressman. Where is the "cut" here?

So you raise two phantoms, neither of which has been proposed, and then ask someone why your phantoms have no substance?

or are you a Democratic speechwriter testing out material?
                            Not a phantom. The across the board tax cut Romney has been proposing cannot be paid for by closing tax loopholes. There are thousands of articles written on it and its been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Thus its a huge giveaway to the rich. Don't worry though, it will trickle down.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Try again. Do you recall the debt ceiling debacle and the hostage taking of the full faith and credit of the US, brought to you by your local TP rump? That's what we're talking about here.
                              This is what happens when the attention whores want you to believe that they're victims.

The US dollar should have a junk rating right now. Any normal person that spends like this would be bankrupt in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                You certainly haven't been beating a team that spent most of the year in the basement, though...
                                8-0-2 in the RS the prior 5 years, though...
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X