Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Farts have never been so scary.
    Then you have never had truly great nachos.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    We started potty training our daughter over the weekend. She was running around the house commando style the whole time. Excitement has never made me so nervous. Farts have never been so scary.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    :-D

The only thing I hate worse is those stupid laser-on-the-side-of-your-house deals. Despise those. Half because I'm an irrational Scrooge and half because I was once landing at MSP and looked out my window only to be blinded by one. Fuck that ****. Should be a felony to own one.
    Quite a few in my area have inflatable displays. I often walk the dogs at around dawn, and it tickles my Scrooge heart to see them lying deflated face-down on the frozen ground. The Night wins out once again.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    :-D

The only thing I hate worse is those stupid laser-on-the-side-of-your-house deals. Despise those. Half because I'm an irrational Scrooge and half because I was once landing at MSP and looked out my window only to be blinded by one. Fuck that ****. Should be a felony to own one.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

Other neighbors put up lights? Idea: a friend pools some cash with his neighbors every year and they get together and rent a man-lift for a day and get everyone's lights up without using any ladders.
    Good idea. Unfortunately not many of the neighbors join in my immediate area. There are a decent number of the inflatables dx hates around though. X^D

Maybe I’ll ask around though. It’s possible no one is putting them up for the same reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Some of these skeleton decorations aren't inflatables, they're plastic/metal. My miniature ones are as well.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    I usually put up lights on the roofline of my house. My back has been screwed since April and have decided to not wrestle a super heavy extension ladder that is necessary to put them up this year. I am incredibly bummed. I love having lights up. There are a lot of things my back has robbed me of this year and honestly it’s pretty damn depressing.
    Other neighbors put up lights? Idea: a friend pools some cash with his neighbors every year and they get together and rent a man-lift for a day and get everyone's lights up without using any ladders.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    I'll be that guy. I hate the trend of giant inflatables.

I'm an old and I don't matter though.

Otoh.... same principle

Edit: I'm talking about the 15-foot tall ones that form a wall around some houses now. Every time I walk into costco or menards it's just a wall of seasonal tackiness. blech.
    The skeletons I’m thinking of aren’t inflatables.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Acc...2082/319895536

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Haha there’s a hood near me where many of the homes are 2-3M or more each. One of the homes has like 4 cheap HUGE inflatables up each year and they live right next to a wild player. Whenever I drive by I always wonder what tbry think every time they go outside
    LOL, god, I'm just complaining about janky *** GDO. I can't even imagine having a $2M house and having to look at the Macy's thanksgiving parade every time I drive by. COuld be even worse since they can afford that lol.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    I usually put up lights on the roofline of my house. My back has been screwed since April and have decided to not wrestle a super heavy extension ladder that is necessary to put them up this year. I am incredibly bummed. I love having lights up. There are a lot of things my back has robbed me of this year and honestly it’s pretty damn depressing.
    Ugh, that blows. Sorry to hear that.... :-(

I'm all for lights. I think lights are amazing. Been wanting to do the same but i'd want a nice fiberglass ladder and that's just not in the budget right now. Plus my fear of heights.... Either way. I think they can look really cool and brings a nice touch to the neighborhood.

There's a line though. I don't want CHevy Chase setting up and pointing 2.5 million lumens at my bedroom window.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Otoh.... same principle

Edit: I'm talking about the 15-foot tall ones that form a wall around some houses now. Every time I walk into costco or menards it's just a wall of seasonal tackiness. blech.
    Haha there’s a hood near me where many of the homes are 2-3M or more each. One of the homes has like 4 cheap HUGE inflatables up each year and they live right next to a wild player. Whenever I drive by I always wonder what tbry think every time they go outside

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Otoh.... same principle

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    My neighbor has 3-4 human-sized ones, including a dog skeleton. They're amazing. I went the other way and got like 20 15" skeletons. Next year I plan to double that count and get a larger one and do a big setup where the little guys are fighting the big guy.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    If I ever buy a home, I thought of getting one of those 12 ft high skeletons and dressing it according to the seasons. Dress it as a turkey for Thanksgiving, Santa for Christmas, Cupid for Valentine's Day, etc.
    Somebody in my area has it up, posed such that it looks to be hanging their Xmas lights.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    If I ever buy a home, I thought of getting one of those 12 ft high skeletons and dressing it according to the seasons. Dress it as a turkey for Thanksgiving, Santa for Christmas, Cupid for Valentine's Day, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X