Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    So I really want to hit a show this evening - a tribute band I play with (not in the band, but my band plays with them) is playing just down the street. There's a possibly very good one opening, and then a tribute to a band I detest, so I wouldn't need to be out late.

However, I need to work on site tomorrow, and will need to be out the door by 7:15-7:30.

Also I'm in my mid 40s and wake up ... poorly.

Jordan still managed to have a 50-pt game after coming out of retirement ;-)
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• It's Pi Day.

Good day to celebrate circles, be irrational, and eat an entire pie.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        It's Pi Day.

Good day to celebrate circles, be irrational, and eat an entire pie.
        A friend of mine posted in his social circle yesterday a picture of Pi.... Steve Piotrowski

here is your Pi day joke (a day late...but pi is irrational):
        What did pi say to its sweetheart?
        You look radian today
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• When I was in 5th grade, I was told that my peers wouldn't stop pressuring me to do drugs until I caved.
          In reality:

Friend: *extends a joint* Did you want to try?

Me: No thanks.

Friend: No worries, just thought I'd ask.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

When I was in 5th grade, I was told that my peers wouldn't stop pressuring me to do drugs until I caved.
            In reality:

Friend: *extends a joint* Did you want to try?

Me: No thanks.

Friend: No worries, just thought I'd ask.
            Chris Rock:

Drug dealers don’t really sell drugs. Drug dealers offer drugs. I’m 30 years old. Ain’t nobody ever sold me drugs. Ain’t nobody ever sold nobody in this room some drugs. Was you ever in your life not thinking about getting high and somebody sold you some ****ing drugs. Hell, no!

Drug dealers offer, “Hey man, You want some smoke? You want some smoke?” If you say “no,” that’s it. Now Jehovah’s Witnesses on the other hand. ****. Yo man, drug dealers don’t sell drugs. Drugs sell themselves. It’s crack. It’s not an encyclopedia. It’s not a ****ing vacuum cleaner. You don’t really gotta try to sell crack, OK? I’ve never heard a crack dealer go, “Man, how am I going to get rid of all this crack? It’s just piled up in my house.”

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I'm not venturing to the other half of the board. I just want to say that what we've seen so far out of the big ten is just incredible.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I'm not venturing to the other half of the board. I just want to say that what we've seen so far out of the big ten is just incredible.
                The regional bracket thread isn’t so bad. Only one person so far has the U rolling over SCSU, and another predicting the Gophers winning it all. It’s almost like the January series never happened.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

The regional bracket thread isn’t so bad. Only one person so far has the U rolling over SCSU, and another predicting the Gophers winning it all. It’s almost like the January series never happened.
                  I have said since the start, SCSU is the best team we'll face until April 8th. Winner of this game probably ends up in the final.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm not venturing to the other half of the board. I just want to say that what we've seen so far out of the big ten is just incredible.
                    Except Ohio State. Beating Harvard in the first round of the NCAAs is like shooting fish in a barrel.
                    Last edited by French Rage; 03-25-2023, 11:52 AM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Yesterday, one of my photographers was honored by the local NBC station for "Remarkable Woman of West Michigan" and sent to the national competition in Los Angeles.

10 or so of us got to surprise her in the studio, and it amazing. Got to meet some of the local personalities, see the weather tracking center, and we were taken into the green room.

Comment

• Did you know there is a character limit on an Instagram DM? I did not. I was trying to format a DM and get up the courage to hit send, wasn't sure if I wanted to sure, hit return to add a space between paragraphs and sent it. Oops!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Did you know there is a character limit on an Instagram DM? I did not. I was trying to format a DM and get up the courage to hit send, wasn't sure if I wanted to sure, hit return to add a space between paragraphs and sent it. Oops!
                          I did. Did you also know there's a hash tag limit?

Comment

I did. Did you also know there's a hash tag limit?
                            It must be a lot because I've seen Instagram posts with many, many hashtags.

I'm still nervous about what I sent. The person who I DM'd lives on the west coast so she probably hasn't seen it yet. Hoping she can help connect me with someone kinda famous. I mentioned in the DM I was totally OK if she told me she couldn't/won't do it. It's one of those if I don't ask, I'm no worse off than if I hadn't asked her at all.

Comment

In this same vein, I like reading the bleating from fans of schools in the Nacho and Traitors conferences worrying about the B1G schools taking all their players and coaches.

As a UAA fan: Oh no, anyway…
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Traitors conferences
                                Who dat? I always thought the B1G were the traitors?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X