Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random question for the legal scholars here:

The State of Illinois publishes their Fishing Regulation book each year. I try and grab a paper copy if I can find one and also have the PDF bookmarked on my phone. I read this and use this as my basis for making sure I am in compliance with the laws/regs.

Recently it was pointed out that an act that I regularly do (Use a cast net to catch Shad/Carp to use as bait) is LEGAL as it's printed in the Reg Book but when looked up via the actual legislation that is posted on the IL General Assembly page, it includes a stipulation regarding location that is NOT noted in the Reg Book. This discrepancy does technically make my use of a cast net ILLEGAL.

Specifically the difference is the phrase "The taking of aquatic life with a dip net, cast net, or shad scoop shall not be permitted within 100' of the base of any dam". That phrase appears in the legislation, but is omitted from the Reg Book. Obviously the Reg Book is a summary. But many of the other regulations appear verbatim in these two documents.

So here's the question: Do I have a valid legal defense if the Reg Book seemingly allows a looser interpretation of the law than the actual legislation? Like assume that I'm ticketed for using the cast net within 100' of a dam. (And yes, I'm aware that different jurisdictions can be different. I just want to know what is taught in Law 101 here.)

As a Fisherman, I get that it's my responsibility to know the laws and remain legal. But I also feel that by reading the published Regulation Book, I have done my part and that reading/understanding actual legislation is above and beyond my capabilities as a regular person.

Thankfully nothing has happened for me to actually try this defense, but I feel it's something that I believe I should know. The whole reason I keep the PDF AND hard copy of the Reg Book is because I've had LEO (usually Local or non-DNR LEO) straight up not know the basics of the rules in question. Presenting the actual book has helped me on several occasions. With as much as I fish, I feel that this eventually becomes a "when" not "if" scenario =(
    Last edited by RaceBoarder; 09-01-2022, 10:27 AM.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Anybody here going to the MN State Fair should check out the crop art exhibit. A buddy of mine from hockey usually finishes in the top 3, last year winning it all with his Yoda portrait. This year he made a Super Mario 3 mural(?), and it took him a little more than 400 hours to complete it.
      It won

its beyond incredible
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• This one? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1136...40525353317065

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Yep
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            That’s it. The man needs this - he’s a Gophers sports fan through and through.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

That’s it. The man needs this - he’s a Gophers sports fan through and through.
              I don't understand why he did it but its incredible
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I don't understand why he did it but its incredible
                The MN State Fair has a crop art competition. He’s submitted work for a number of years now. Last year was a Yoda portrait, but I don’t recall the work from the years prior to that. He constantly ends up in the top 3.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• I was diagnosed with ADHD last December and started medication in January.

And with the management came executive function. For example, with my MSW, now I'm finishing my assignments well before they're due.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    I was diagnosed with ADHD last December and started medication in January.

And with the management came executive function. For example, with my MSW, now I'm finishing my assignments well before they're due.
                    Thats great to have such success. I have two nephews with ADHD, one being tested and the other going without treatment. Both of them are the same age, but it I night and day in how they act around people.

Comment

I was diagnosed with ADHD last December and started medication in January.

Glad to hear. Keep on top of stuff and don't use the meds as too much of a crutch. Eventually that procrastination can sneak back in.
                      Code:

Comment

• My 41st birthday is on Tuesday.

Last night was Drag Bingo presented by Beauty Beyond Drag. The Executive Director of BBD and I are good friends and the queens have adopted me as one of their own.

I texted my friend yesterday morning, informed him my 41st was on Tuesday, and I wanted a small card signed by the BBD crew. Nothing major, nothing fancy.

So last night, I showed up, not really knowing what to expect. DeeDee Chaunte, the host queen/MC for the evening, asked about birthdays and I raised my hand. I ended up getting not only a card, but a small gift, birthday sash, a tiara that said "Happy Birthday," lots of pictures, hugs, and a party broke out.

I think Season 41 is shaping up to be the best one yet.
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I think Season 41 is shaping up to be the best one yet.
                          Just don't let the Nolans write it.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Just don't let the Nolans write it.
                            I'd like it to be written by David Shore, Bill Lawrence, and Mindy Kaling.

Comment

I'd like it to be written by David Shore, Bill Lawrence, and Mindy Kaling.
                              For my 60th I am in negotiation with Pendleton Ward.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Last night at work, I was playing basketball with the kids, chased after a rebound, lost my footing, fell down, and my face went boom. I have a broken bone in my hand, a chipped tooth, and some stitches in my face.
                                The ER staff appreciated my sense of humor and healthy positive energy.

Can y'all remind me to take it easy for a little bit?

Comment

Working...
                                X