Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Wished a former co-worker at my ex-employer a "Happy Birthday!!" on LinkedIn today.

In reply, I was called a backstabbing, lying, piece of ****, all because I switched companies. And he closed by asking to never contact him again.

So I got that going for me. How's everyone else's day going?
    So, that's a totally reasonable reaction, eh?
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Only if you hate Bewitched.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Wished a former co-worker at my ex-employer a "Happy Birthday!!" on LinkedIn today.

In reply, I was called a backstabbing, lying, piece of ****, all because I switched companies. And he closed by asking to never contact him again.
        Seems like a confirmation you made the right decision.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Right? Oh well.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Seems like a confirmation you made the right decision.
          Agreed. The new company has been a breath of fresh air.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So I got that going for me. How's everyone else's day going?
            wow, that seems like a bit of an over-reaction.

I tell everyone that companies aren't loyal to employees anymore (if they ever were), so I'll never blame an employee for leaving if it's in their best interest. Which is what I told my employee yesterday when she turned in her 2 weeks notice.

I asked where she's going and what she's gonna be doing. Found out she's taking an easier job with a pay cut because I'm a terrible person to work for. I haven't learned to 'sandwich conversations' (good, bad, good) specifically in regards to when she asked about the opening we'll have in our department next month which would be a promotion for her. I thought I had approached it well. Told her the strengths and that I think she's smart enough, and should be able to do it, but also the areas I need to see improvement in before I could trust her with that role. It sucks 'cause I wish she had stepped up to the plate to show she could do it, but every time I tried to give her a harder (but reasonable) task she missed the deadline by a week or didn't complete it at all.

My boss and I have had the conversation about her, because last time the promotion position was open she didn't get it. We've talked how we wish she would step up but it hasn't happened. Honestly, I'm not too upset about her going. I am upset about her calling me out as the reason. I'm unfriendly and 'an Eeyore' apparently.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              I haven't learned to 'sandwich conversations' (good, bad, good)
              At my firm, our HR lead hates this cliche and tells us not to do it when giving peer or manager feedback during review cycles. She calls it, "the sh*t sandwich".

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

wow, that seems like a bit of an over-reaction.

I tell everyone that companies aren't loyal to employees anymore (if they ever were), so I'll never blame an employee for leaving if it's in their best interest. Which is what I told my employee yesterday when she turned in her 2 weeks notice.

Your management style sounds a lot like my boss/mentor that I followed to the new company. Very honest, and giving all the tools and support to each person and pushes them in the right direction. It's up to the employee to take the reins and push themselves forward.

It's one thing my boss actually pointed out to me how every time I would take on a little more, I would run with it and exceed his expectations. It sounds like your employee is very similar to the people I left behind at the old company (one of them being the one who cussed me out): never any ambition to improve themselves and continually on coast-mode.

I have always appreciated management style like yours and my mentor, and it works for me. Some people just don't take to that style.

Funny how similar your issue is to one my boss had: a lazy individual didnt want to comunicate with their boss, and lashes out to everyone but the boss.

May your future ex-employee have the day they deserve.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I hate these managerial tricks. It's never that complicated.

Lead with the compliment to make sure you set the tone correctly. "Let me start by saying you're a great employee and we're lucky to have you on our team. But I need to talk to you about <thing>." It's all about context and phrasing. Is this constructive, positive criticism? Or are you shanking the person. If you make it clear that you appreciate the person and want them to do great work, criticism is usually taken much better.

Unless they suck.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• In November, when I started my current job, I had to pass a 50 lb lift test. 10 reps picking up and putting down a 50 lb box. I passed, but I struggled with 4 reps to go.

Yesterday, for my new job, I had to do the same test. 10 reps felt easy and I could have done much more.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Anybody here going to the MN State Fair should check out the crop art exhibit. A buddy of mine from hockey usually finishes in the top 3, last year winning it all with his Yoda portrait. This year he made a Super Mario 3 mural(?), and it took him a little more than 400 hours to complete it.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Holy god
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I'm holding out for the butter sculpture of the rat erotica from Jon Oliver.

Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Does anybody else follow Bad Medical Takes on twatter?

https://***********/badmedicaltakes/...mbvFVglEHXoU0Q

Top comment, “Residual Cum is a great punk band name.”
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• I mean, it is.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• MN state fair’s first day. I got there about 8:30, left around 3:00. They started bingo, kicked out the old folks from whatever building that was. My wife is crazy, and crazy about bingo so we played the noon game. I won the first of the five games, prize was a pair of tickets to next the fair next year along with a few cheap bits of fair swag.

Comment

Working...
                                X