Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This discussion just makes me think of this TikTok sound clip:
    https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdhso5yJ/
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Go on.
      Plot twist.

Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• DX talks about the way I survive. This is one of my coping mechanisms. I've been writing letters to myself. This one was written in late October last year.

(If you can take anything from this, by all means).
        Hey Amber Marie,

I'm asking for a different courage for you today.

I know you have the courage to strip down to lingerie and pose seductively for a boudoir shoot.

I know you have the courage to run marathons and take on wild endurance challenges.

I know you have the courage to sit for 7.5 hours while your rights are added to Holland's NDO.

I know you have the courage to pursue a Masters' degree at 40.

I know you have the courage to punch a fire breathing dragon in the mouth, should one appear in front of you. Knowing you, you'd yawn, hand someone your coffee, punch the dragon, and get brunch afterward.

But what I want for you today is not the courage to do the wild and the impossible.

I'm asking for the courage for you to rest.

I'm asking for the courage for you to heal from all the trauma you never quite healed from.

I'm asking for the courage for you to make the necessary phone calls for you to get the help you need.

I'm asking for the courage for you to receive constructive criticism, even if you don't like the way it's delivered.

I'm asking for the courage for you to sit with your thoughts and process them.

I'm asking for the courage for you to advocate for yourself and be Mama Bear to yourself.

I'm asking for the courage for you to move beyond the willing chaos you create and move towards the unknown of stability and safety.

I'm asking for the courage for you to stop chasing neon lights and honor the light inside of you.

And yes, doing all those things takes unique bravery. But if anyone is brave, it's you.

I love you,

Amber Marie.

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• HOLY SHlT

Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Well, those are genius.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Should I be concerned that my 2 year old wants a college hockey player in her bed?
              Michigan hockey gives out player cards with stats and things. We gave them to my daughter because everything is a toy, and now when she goes to bed she points to all the stuffed animals that she wants in her bed and names them, and the 1 player card that we haven't lost she also asks for by name.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Should I be concerned that my 2 year old wants a college hockey player in her bed?
                Michigan hockey gives out player cards with stats and things. We gave them to my daughter because everything is a toy, and now when she goes to bed she points to all the stuffed animals that she wants in her bed and names them, and the 1 player card that we haven't lost she also asks for by name.
                Can she distinguish if you mess with her and give her another card?
                Cornell University

Comment

• Hi, this is Amber Marie's brain.
                  The reason she talks about doing seemingly routine tasks so much is up until recently, we didn't have an executive in here. We had Steve, an overworked and underpaid assistant manager, and M and J were two teenagers who wanted quick summer cash. Unfortunately, Steve was breaking down in the walk in cooler often, and M and J were watching TikTok videos instead of being on the register or making sure the candy was restocked.

Ever since we brought in Julia, M and J are much better at their jobs and Steve doesn't have to do so much. We even gave Steve a raise! We're turning things around up in here and we want you to know about it! Amber Marie is a powerful and capable human being, but she needed the right help!

That is all.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• My Bloom Where You Are Planted tattoo is scheduled for the 29th!

Comment

• Good news from me today:
                      Keara at Head to Curve Photography and I had a 20 minute conversation today. I had inquired about a session with her earlier and she told me she admired my work and wanted me to be a model for her. I said yes and will be shooting with her either April 16 or 23.

I'm over the moon about this.

Comment

• I took my daughter to the MN Zoo today. I. The Tropics Trail they have a Malayan tapir, and it just so happened to have a giant erection as we were passing. No joke, it was only stopped by plowing into the floor. Poor Mrs. Tapir.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Here's the Bloom Where You Are Planted tattoo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbtEyAZr...dium=copy_link

Comment

• I wrote this on Mother's Day.

It's Mother's Day.

Many of you know I lost my Mom in 2010 and certain days are awful without her.

But in the almost 12 years since her passing, I've been adopted and raised by some of the best women I could have asked for.

And at 40+, it's no longer enough to say "I'll do anything for you" or "I'll buy you anything I can afford." It's now abundantly clear I need to LIVE for my Mama Bears. You don't need another necklace that says "Mom" on it. You don't need me to take on a masked villain in a sword fight for you.

Instead, I'm committing to my personal growth and development.

I'm making better choices.

I'm getting some sleep.

And drinking water and eating vegetables.

No longer swinging between 100 MPH and 0.

Learning to maintain healthy relationships.

And to hold down a job and graduate with my MSW.

And to maintain sobriety.

After all, in the end, I just want to be the girl you say I am and the girl you know I can be. To show you that your efforts on me meant something.

I love you!

Comment

• Wished a former co-worker at my ex-employer a "Happy Birthday!!" on LinkedIn today.

In reply, I was called a backstabbing, lying, piece of ****, all because I switched companies. And he closed by asking to never contact him again.

So I got that going for me. How's everyone else's day going?
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• holy hell
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X