Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Every time I see a spider when I'm vacuuming, I intentionally get him with the vacuum. (I'll leave it to you to debate where that lands on the spectrum between swatting at a fly and shooting a paintball gun at elderly pedestrians)

What's odd to me about it is that each time it happens, I have the same recurring thought in my head: that the spider will go into bag* and the vacuum environment will cause the spider to suddenly grow in size at which point he busts out of the vacuum and takes his revenge. I'd almost call it an "irrational fear" (I know it's stupid, but it freaks me out anyway), but it's not like this has ever caused me to pause or think twice about vacuuming spiders. Does anyone else have an absolutely absurd irrational fear like that?

*I don't have a bagless vacuum, which is stupid, but in my defense I didn't buy the vacuum.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      You could throw it down a flight of stairs and call IT and tell them it doesn't work anymore.
      Shhhhh ... DAMMIT ... SHHHHH!!!! Don't give away my three year upgrade plan or everyone will do it!
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Every time I see a spider when I'm vacuuming, I intentionally get him with the vacuum. (I'll leave it to you to debate where that lands on the spectrum between swatting at a fly and shooting a paintball gun at elderly pedestrians)
        If you ask me it lands exactly at the same spot as swatting a fly.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

I disagree. Swatting a fly doesn't always work but getting spiders with vacuums does. I usually squish them in a tissue and flush down the toilet.

Comment

Bumping this thread since I wasn't sure where to put this. A friend of my wife and I is trying to raise money to help get a corrective surgery for her two boys. They both have Beckwith Wiedemann syndrome, which causes children to develop body parts faster than normal. Her boys were most affected with the growth of the tongue.

The boys had surgery once to reduce the size of the tongues when they were much younger but now need surgery again to correct the look of the tongues.

Our friend's insurance company already denied them, stating "they already had the surgery, they don't need it again."

Here is their Go Fund Me page with more details: http://www.gofundme.com/b45udg
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sara Bauer.
              (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

New Girl Scout cookie: Rah-Rah-Raisin. I have lost all faith in the world.

Although, after looking at the website, there is a Toffee-Tastic and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Oatmeal ("Trios") in "select markets", so redemption may be possible... if these markets are anywhere near me. So far only one order form is out, and neither of those are on it.

Unrelated, I finally joined Linkedin, but am I supposed to add my friends who have nothing to do with my career? Or stalk former co-workers, which seems more beneficial? I don't really get it.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  Unrelated, I finally joined Linkedin, but am I supposed to add my friends who have nothing to do with my career? Or stalk former co-workers, which seems more beneficial? I don't really get it.
                  Be careful not to step in the bull5hit when reading people's profiles on there. I've read some of my former co-workers linkedin profiles and got some good laughs
                  Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                  Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Has anyone ever used the site cardpool.com? They sell discounted gift cards... Cards for places like AMC Theatres, Bass Pro Shop, and Applebee's caught my eye.... Just not 100% sold on it being legit... Pretty good way to stretch a dollar if it's good though... Just seen more than a few people with bogus cards from offers like this working in retail though...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Hello, blast from the past thread.

Comment

I guess so.

I'm amazed it's still here. I only started it 3 1/2 years ago.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I adopted Charlie the cat from a shelter about a month and a half ago. He was shy at the shelter, but since I brought him home? All snuggles and purrs.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

TRP: they should make perfume that smells like buttered toast.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              TRP: they should make perfume that smells like buttered toast.
                              Real butter, too! Because I can believe that other stuff ain't butter, dang nabbit!
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                I guess so.

I'm amazed it's still here. I only started it 3 1/2 years ago.
                                Still going strong!
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X