Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I wanna dip my balls in it!

Louie! Louie! Louie!

Comment

Happy Friday!
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

• Originally posted by jmh View Post
        Happy Friday!
        Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

Comment

Not sure if this needs it's own thread, but can anyone recommend a router or advice for how to deal with crowded WIFI signals in an apartment complex?

I dusted off my old Belkin 54G WIFI router when we moved recently, and I fight with maintaining the WIFI signal. Every morning or afternoon while we're gone, the signal quits. It still broadcasts, but our wireless devices won't connect to the router. I have to pull the plug and let the router reset. Changing wireless channels doesn't help.

I know there are a metric sh*t ton of WIFI routers in our area, from 10 to 25 regularly are available. I tried to *geek warning* update the firmware with a custom DD-WRT firmware, but apparently this Belkin router is a P.O.S. and won't allow it.

I have old devices, so going strictly 5GHz isn't an answer. Is getting a new Dual Band router 2.4/5GHz my best bet?
          Or can I just get a bunch of cheap routers and daisy chain them to overpower everyone else? I'm trying to avoid making my apartment resemble an MTU dorm room on a Saturday night Everquest raid by running CAT5 everywhere...
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

sorry, my eyes glaze over when I hit "router". (I have this same reaction whenever I talk to network people at work or when friends ask me to help them with their routers - because programmers must know a lot about routers, right?? )

random: someone brought in candy corn Starburst. very strange. Candy corn shape and texture, but Starburst flavor. Like really sweet, fruity, candy corn. Last week someone brought in White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms. Those were strange too, and really sweet. I am hoping someone will bring in those Pumpkin Spice M&Ms because I'd like to try them. or maybe I should just bring in a bag.
            Last edited by jen; 10-22-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              random: someone brought in candy corn Starburst. very strange. Candy corn shape and texture, but Starburst flavor. Like really sweet, fruity, candy corn. Last week someone brought in White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms. Those were strange too, and really sweet. I am hoping someone will bring in those Pumpkin Spice M&Ms because I'd like to try them. or maybe I should just bring in a bag.
              Okay, everyone sing along!

Here's the story of Minnie the Moocher
              She was a lowdown hoochie cooh-ah

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Okay, everyone sing along!

Here's the story of Minnie the Moocher
                She was a lowdown hoochie cooh-ah

this would be more appropriate if I didn't bring in homemade baked goods to share with the entire office about once a week. and if the candy wasn't sitting in the break room with a big TRY ME sign on it.

Comment

I beat the security guards in, it's 7:24 am and I'm on my third cup of coffee. Today is gonna be AWESOME. But I have no more candy stories to share.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                    I beat the security guards in, it's 7:24 am and I'm on my third cup of coffee. Today is gonna be AWESOME. But I have no more candy stories to share.
                    It's going to be awesome.....until about 9:15 when Grape Nuts Girl commences crunching and you feel the need to beat someone with a shovel because the coffee wore off.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      I am finding mornings much more bearable now that I'm drinking a Monster on the drive into work. Caffeine works!
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I am finding mornings much more bearable now that I'm drinking a Monster on the drive into work. Caffeine works!
                        Welcome to my morning habit. Drinking a Monster Rehab right now.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Word...

Do a Monster or Rockstar instead of coffee...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Welcome to my morning habit. Drinking a Monster Rehab right now.
                            I have to give kudos to Monster for its naming strategy there, feed your addiction with a Rehab.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

At work? Always drink a monster on my night shift. Maybe drink one on my day shift.

At home? Atleast a monster a day, sometimes 2. Love the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                At work? Always drink a monster on my night shift. Maybe drink one on my day shift.

At home? Atleast a monster a day, sometimes 2. Love the stuff.
                                I assume you hit up many ports along the way from your origination and final destination ports, do you use that time to pick up these supplies along the way or just load up before the tour starts?

Comment

Working...
                                X