Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

I grow a beard each winter for the practicality of the matter. It really is nature's scarf and it helps hide the ugly. I keep mine fairly neat, not grown wild, but it still there. During the summer, I'm mostly clean shaven.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

While at work, I'm clean shaven, as company policy only allows a mustache. Movember, is the exception, where I will grow a mustache regardless.

Off work? I usually grow out some sort of facial hair, be it a goatee or keep a short beard going for the 2 weeks I'm off. Usually due to laziness than anything. However, I have had a soul patch going for almost 9 months now, just keeping it trimmed/neat.

Comment

I've started to see some grays in my facial hair. Getting old is full of all kinds of surprises.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
          I've started to see some grays in my facial hair. Getting old is full of all kinds of surprises.
          How exactly is that a surprise?

I have found one here and there for years, still very few and far between though. I know someday it will suddenly be half white and I'll wonder what the hell happened. Then, there will someone asking me how it is a surprise.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            How exactly is that a surprise?
            These days I get surprised when I find one that's not gray!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I noticed it a bit in the sides when I was 28. That was a helluva shock to me. I've gotten used to it now.

I'm amazed that I don't have a bald spot yet.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I noticed it a bit in the sides when I was 28. That was a helluva shock to me. I've gotten used to it now.

I'm amazed that I don't have a bald spot yet.
                This. I have a few in my beard/goatee if I let it get too long (like now). No sunspot, still rocking the Kevin Spacey devil horns. What's funnier, is that my bro, two years my junior, has Kane hairline. It starts about halfway back on the top of his skull. No gray, though.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I won't go bald. No guy in my family as far back as we know (great great grandfathers) has lost any hair. I am supposed to have noticeable gray by now though.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Widow peaks are more common in my family. Mine is noticable with thinning on top. My brother, ten years younger than I, has severe thinning on top happening.

I keep joking that it's his own fault for making fun of my thinning years ago.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What's odd is, the women in my family tree gray realllllllllllllly late. I think my grandma started getting a gray hair or two when she was around 60, and my mom is just getting gray hairs now, at age 65.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        What's odd is, the women in my family tree gray realllllllllllllly late. I think my grandma started getting a gray hair or two when she was around 60, and my mom is just getting gray hairs now, at age 65.
                        How can your mom be 65 when you're 58?
                        Cornell University Men's Hockey
                        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

That reminds me, I ran into Brent's sister at the Meijer store by my house. This woman backed up the self-scan lanes because she was trying to pay with a check.

Yes. Tried to pay with a check. In the self-scan checkout.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            That reminds me, I ran into Brent's sister at the Meijer store by my house. This woman backed up the self-scan lanes because she was trying to pay with a check.

Even I know better!

And I'm only *muffled* so it's still ok. Truthfully, my parents bore kids when they were older (related to usual Midwestern standards)

Comment

Amazing.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

*slow clap*

Comment

Working...
                                X