Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Now I can suck the wax out of my ears with a little vacuum.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      So apparently there's a secret santa-type thing going around at work. You leave a little bag with treats in someone's cube, and they have to do it to 2 other people. It is bad form to re-gift something lame you got?
      Only if someone figures it out.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        So apparently there's a secret santa-type thing going around at work. You leave a little bag with treats in someone's cube, and they have to do it to 2 other people. It is bad form to re-gift something lame you got?
        If it's that bad, how do you know that you're not the recipient of a re-gift yourself?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

APA style can go **** itself.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            APA style can go **** itself.
            Is that another parody of the PSY video?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Is that another parody of the PSY video?
              I wish.
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                I wish.
                I don't think Biddco caught on to the pun.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  I don't think Biddco caught on to the pun.
                  Oh I did. APA style would still be worse than Gangdum style
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Remember DIVX (not DivX)? That was funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIVX
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm back *****es.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Someone brought absinthe to my office holiday party last night, because, you know, THAT'S a good idea.

So, needless to say, I had three of them.
                        Cornell University Men's Hockey
                        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

So did the School Shooting thread get nuked by the mods or did some wiener delete it?
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            So did the School Shooting thread get nuked by the mods or did some wiener delete it?
                            MNS started it and swears that he didn't delete it. My guess is board, because there was an awful picture posted.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              MNS started it and swears that he didn't delete it. My guess is board, because there was an awful picture posted.
                              Oh I did see that pic. Good call. And I'd forgotten who started the thread. Oopsie.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

JF Tapdancing Christ on a Cracker what a stupid week this has been.

*deep breath*

Tuesday, the great PM who was supposed to be managing one of my current projects was pulled off to work on something else. Knowing that my team has already been told "no" when we asked for a PM for a different project a couple weeks ago, that effectively leaves me to be the PM (which is not my role). But that was just the beginning.

At my last performance review with the director of my department in early September, I brought up the subject of my salary, which is well below the average for my field. Truth is, my company has lowballed a lot of folks in the last 2-3 years because of the economy. In June, we received an injection of $$$ from a venture capital firm (they call it an "investment", but basically we got bought). Director (whose salary is also way below average, considering everything he does) told me they were going to finally bring everyone who is performing well up to the 50% percentile at the 1st of the year. I continue working my arse off for the last three months, accept a new role thrust upon me in early November, and take on all the ***** work no one wants to do.

Today, in appreciation for everything he's done for our department since I started (and he really has), I went out and bought Director a nice cigar (he's a big fan of them). Even bought one for myself, which is extremely rare. Director and I hit up the local cigar bar after work. First thing he tells me (assuming that I already knew), is that my current Manager is moving to another team in January. While I'm genuinely pi55ed off, the fact that Manager is bolting and failed to tell me is not a huge shock - he's a programmer at heart and a terrible communicator who I think found himself overwhelmed and dissatisfied when he was promoted back in June.

Second thing he tells me, is that he submitted my pay increase, and the investment guru/co-CEO (whom I've barely met, of course) came back and said he wouldn't approve it until I got "certifications". So, I've performed well above average on every performance review since I was hired, hold a Master's degree, but some stupid ****ing ceremonial/useless certifications are the excuse for holding me back yet again.

I genuinely like the Director, and I know this was not his call. That said, this all but confirms my decision to start looking for a new job back in September. I've gotten 3 interviews, and made it to the final round twice thus far (most recently two weeks ago). While I will begin pursuing whatever certs they want me to get, I'll be starting to look again on January 2nd. There is zero excuse for this, and it's not just me being a member of the so-called entitlement generation. I've more than proven my value to this organization.

/end rant

Comment

Working...
                                X