Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    The videos of T-ball Chaos are downright hilarious!

Enjoy the memories (and take some video for blackmail in those pesky teen years!)
    Searching that term (T-ball Chaos) on Youtube brings up one of the funniest videos ever (maybe that was the particular video you meant?). You can watch it 20 times and each time pick a different kid to track or different section of the screen to watch and see something new and hilarious every time.
    Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 05-15-2023, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    You know how you generally need somethign like a rosetta stone or just a starting point to begin decoding a language.

We have the first data point for dogs. I'm 99% sure this directly translates to "The f--ck?"

This is one of my favorite videos of all time now.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    The videos of T-ball Chaos are downright hilarious!

Enjoy the memories (and take some video for blackmail in those pesky teen years!)

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    This league is 3-5yo kids, and no outs were recorded. Kids were either building gravel mounds, throwing gravel into the wind, or pouncing en masse on a ball hit 6’ to 7’ if they were lucky. One kid carried the bat to chase down the ball he hit only to turn and run to first after about three coaches convinced him that it was really the thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    My daughter is playing her first tee-ball game right now. It’s is both amazingly bad and equally hilarious. Half of the kids are making sand piles with the infield gravel, and the others are diving pellmell for the 6-ft hit.

the coaches are amazing, all men of great patience.
    I hear you. I umped for a year when I was in middle school, but because I was by far the youngest and least experienced I got the tee-ball games. Which is a way to see they didn't want me to make any decision that mattered because a) they did not keep score, b) everyone got to bat each inning, and c) there was a two-base maximum advancement. And of course it's not like any hit actually ever resulted in an out or anything to actually ump. Actually, that's not true, there would maybe be one or two runners actually out during the whole game. So if there was a score, it would be less "who scored the most runs" and more "who actually got someone out and temporarily halted the continual onslaught of runs". I would track that score in my head to give myself some actual reason to pay attention to the game I was presumably umping.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    My daughter is playing her first tee-ball game right now. It’s is both amazingly bad and equally hilarious. Half of the kids are making sand piles with the infield gravel, and the others are diving pellmell for the 6-ft hit.

the coaches are amazing, all men of great patience.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Most Home Depots have rechargeable battery recycling. Not sure if they accept the power banks but you could call them.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Random question for you all - I have a portable phone charger that is apparently dead. Looks like it’s fully charged when charging and then I unplug from the charger and it loses all power. It’s a nice one, too. My question is - can I just throw that out or do I need to bring it somewhere or recycle it?
    If you have Verizon or other big name carrier, they probably have recycling in their store. Best Buy takes recyclable electronics as well. Or at least they used to - I haven't used them to recycle since 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Random question for you all - I have a portable phone charger that is apparently dead. Looks like it’s fully charged when charging and then I unplug from the charger and it loses all power. It’s a nice one, too. My question is - can I just throw that out or do I need to bring it somewhere or recycle it?

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Hooray for a couple new tattoos this month!

After the 27th, I'll have 17 of them.
    I am wildly overdue for another. Technically, I only have 3 - but one is a sleeve, one is an enormous part of my arm, and the third is tiny.

The issue is that I've no idea what I want. I want to fill out my right arm and turn that large piece into another sleeve, but...

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Hooray for a couple new tattoos this month!

After the 27th, I'll have 17 of them.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    My god every single car looks identical. Is aerodynamics simply perfected? Every deviation means loss of fuel efficiency?
    There are vehicles that do look different. Oddly enough, Toyota has some of the most unique, least streamlined appearances for their SUVs right now.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Good for you for getting sober!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I remember taking my last drink 3 years ago on April 29.
    What started as a good night turned into a disaster as one glass of whiskey became round 2. And I remember feeling super chatty after the second glass, wanting to stay in Hope Church's Pub Theology longer, and then realizing I had to get into my social work class. I was 15 minutes late.

During class, I remember a few of my classmates asking if I was okay (I wasn't), oversharing, and ending the night depressed and wanting to throw up, but I couldn't. I called myself a fraud. Called myself a failure. Said I didn't belong in school. And I was sobbing hard.

I woke up on April 30th and I thought I could just go back to 1-2 drinks a week, but it was clear I had to quit. I went to bed without a drink that night and have been intentionally practicing sobriety ever since.

Around 5 AM, I started crying because I'm loved and supported by awesome people. I'm crying because I'm grateful for life as it is, not as I want it to be. I'm crying because all the previous iterations of me are looking at me and are so proud of me. I'm crying because even when "times are (censored), but I'm pretty sure they can't get worse... sunny Santa Fe would be nice," I can do this.

"I can't control
    My destiny
    I trust my soul
    My only goal is just to be

There's only now
    There's only here
    Give into love, or live in fear
    No other path, no other way
    No day but today!"

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied