Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you throw out pillows in the trash? I bought new pillows for my mom’s second bedroom where I sleep when I stay with her. She had three My Pillows and they’re just awful. I haven’t brought the old ones to the dumpster yet in case I need to do something else with them.

Comment

• Toss the pillows in the dumpster.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Mother's Day is hard on a day like today.

I really miss my Mom and wish she was still with me.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Mother's Day is hard on a day like today.

I really miss my Mom and wish she was still with me.
          Yeah, I was going through some of that these past few days. I hope you’re working through it as best you can.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• I wrote this in the morning.

It's Mother's Day. All y'all know I lost my Mom in 2010 and life can be hard without her. But in her absence, I'm learning how to handle life and grow into myself.
            For those I call Mama Bear, I'm not going to promise the world, but I can promise:

To not let my feelings ride on what other people think of me.

To take everything one day at a time. Because that's how days work: one at a f-cking time.

To remember "there's food at home" isn't so much a vibe killer, but a reminder to be a better steward of my resources.

To remember "all the other kids are going" isn't a good reason for going.

To remember cleaning doesn't have to be hard or difficult, especially if I do a little bit every day.

To remember sleep and good food are the two best cures for anything.

To remember there is almost nothing better than sitting at home with no bra, no makeup, covered in Dorito dust, and a cat on my lap.

To remember it's not all bad. I am alive.

To remember to drink some water.

To remember the only way out is through. I got this.

And to remember asking for help isn't giving up. It's refusing to give up.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Unpopular opinion:

I kinda like the portrait of King Charles III.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• It's kind of metal.

Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I went outside this morning and the sky was pretty.

Comment

• Take a minute or so and soak in the best horn on the lakes.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/arS...ibextid=UalRPS
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Spec****ingtacular
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Just saw a black bear for the first time in my life maybe. Certainly never in the wild.

we were driving up to my wife's parents' place and it was maybe 200 feet off the side of the road. They're large and yet somehow smaller than I expected. Still glad we were in a car.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Just saw a black bear for the first time in my life maybe. Certainly never in the wild.

we were driving up to my wife's parents' place and it was maybe 200 feet off the side of the road. They're large and yet somehow smaller than I expected. Still glad we were in a car.
                          I’ve had to go to the Hayward area of Wisconsin a number of times in the past seven years even though once was enough. With that said, you have a good chance of seeing black bears in the wild driving from the MSP area to there. In one drive I saw two on the side of the road. On that same trip, I came across another as it blocked the road just east of Hayward. Another trip, three years ago, we had a mama bear and two cubs come rummaging through the cabin’s garbage bins about 20 minutes after we arrived. Normally, I’m more concerned with avoid the whitetails than the black bears.

Comment

• I knew they were around the area, I'd just never seen one in person.
                            Code:

Comment

• Mandatory.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• As a 42 year old disabled, neurodivergent queer, I fall apart easily and the group who designed me refuses to be held accountable. That's why this Pride Month, I'm partnering with Boeing...

Comment

Working...
                                X