Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    Do any of you review your monthly credit card statement against sales slips? I just went through mine and caught three instances where I was actually charged more than what my sales slip says. All three were at restaurants. In total, it was just $7.08, but it was $7.08 of my money. I called the credit card company to dispute and they’re crediting me that amount.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Not only that, The Task must be performed in full and The Thing must be said in full. If I'm cleaning and I get interrupted, there's no coming back to it. And with speaking, there is no "we'll circle back," I'll just forget what I'm saying.
    Last edited by MissThundercat; 08-23-2023, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

I have ADHD. If I don't perform The Task when I'm thinking about The Task, The Task doesn't get done.
    And if you don't say The Thing when you're thinking about The Thing, The Thing doesn't get said?

My wife "word vomits" (for lack of a better term) because of her ADHD. I'll go to add something to a discussion, and she'll quicken her next sentence and roll right over me. It's been a patient 3-year process for me to understand that it's not her being rude, it's the anxiety caused by her ADHD that she'll forget what she wanted to say if she doesn't spit it out right now.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    This past weekend, I submitted several pieces of my writing to a literary agency. They said if I don't hear back in 10 weeks, they passed on it.

I also found a modeling agency that does open calls the first Tuesday of every month. Might as well go for it.

It's a big risk putting myself out there like this. Even if my work is rejected, at least I can say I tried.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ditto.

Otoh, some weekends I'm insanely productive. Other times... I just need a break
    I have ADHD. If I don't perform The Task when I'm thinking about The Task, The Task doesn't get done.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

I think it would depend. Sometimes the tour fees are all-inclusive, sometimes you're just paying for the guide. Are you doing it this month? As someone who once did a tour of the Acropolis in August, let me tell you it will be hot and all the old bleached ruins will reflect it all directly at you. (It's worth it, don't get me wrong.)
    No, next month.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    So, wouldn't you think that a tour called the Acropolis Walking Tour would actually include going to the Acropolis as part of that tour? I thought that, then got my confirmation and there is an entry fee to the Acropolis that we have to pay.
    I think it would depend. Sometimes the tour fees are all-inclusive, sometimes you're just paying for the guide. Are you doing it this month? As someone who once did a tour of the Acropolis in August, let me tell you it will be hot and all the old bleached ruins will reflect it all directly at you. (It's worth it, don't get me wrong.)

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Wait till you find out your guides' names are Food and Accommodation.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    So, wouldn't you think that a tour called the Acropolis Walking Tour would actually include going to the Acropolis as part of that tour? I thought that, then got my confirmation and there is an entry fee to the Acropolis that we have to pay.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    I’m with the other two.

At the same time, I actually was productive this weekend, taking things to Good Will, fixing some paint issues, tearing down some shelves, taking my daughter to a couple parks, and mowing the lawn. Very odd.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Ditto.

Otoh, some weekends I'm insanely productive. Other times... I just need a break

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I am the partner who does that.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Anyone else have a spouse that Saturday morning talks about the 3 chores they need to do for the weekend and then waits until 7:30 pm Sunday to start on said chores?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    TIL my daughter was initially supposed to be induced two days earlier than her 8/10 birthday but they had to wait.

Dodged a bullet there, honey.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Six wasp sting, four between my ankle and the back of my knee on my right leg, another on my left ankle, and one on my right forearm. It was all it the span of a few seconds. Death to all yellow jackets!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X