Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Hooray for a couple new tattoos this month!

After the 27th, I'll have 17 of them.
    I am wildly overdue for another. Technically, I only have 3 - but one is a sleeve, one is an enormous part of my arm, and the third is tiny.

The issue is that I've no idea what I want. I want to fill out my right arm and turn that large piece into another sleeve, but...
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Random question for you all - I have a portable phone charger that is apparently dead. Looks like it’s fully charged when charging and then I unplug from the charger and it loses all power. It’s a nice one, too. My question is - can I just throw that out or do I need to bring it somewhere or recycle it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Random question for you all - I have a portable phone charger that is apparently dead. Looks like it’s fully charged when charging and then I unplug from the charger and it loses all power. It’s a nice one, too. My question is - can I just throw that out or do I need to bring it somewhere or recycle it?
        If you have Verizon or other big name carrier, they probably have recycling in their store. Best Buy takes recyclable electronics as well. Or at least they used to - I haven't used them to recycle since 2020.
        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Most Home Depots have rechargeable battery recycling. Not sure if they accept the power banks but you could call them.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• My daughter is playing her first tee-ball game right now. It’s is both amazingly bad and equally hilarious. Half of the kids are making sand piles with the infield gravel, and the others are diving pellmell for the 6-ft hit.

the coaches are amazing, all men of great patience.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              My daughter is playing her first tee-ball game right now. It’s is both amazingly bad and equally hilarious. Half of the kids are making sand piles with the infield gravel, and the others are diving pellmell for the 6-ft hit.

the coaches are amazing, all men of great patience.
              I hear you. I umped for a year when I was in middle school, but because I was by far the youngest and least experienced I got the tee-ball games. Which is a way to see they didn't want me to make any decision that mattered because a) they did not keep score, b) everyone got to bat each inning, and c) there was a two-base maximum advancement. And of course it's not like any hit actually ever resulted in an out or anything to actually ump. Actually, that's not true, there would maybe be one or two runners actually out during the whole game. So if there was a score, it would be less "who scored the most runs" and more "who actually got someone out and temporarily halted the continual onslaught of runs". I would track that score in my head to give myself some actual reason to pay attention to the game I was presumably umping.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• This league is 3-5yo kids, and no outs were recorded. Kids were either building gravel mounds, throwing gravel into the wind, or pouncing en masse on a ball hit 6’ to 7’ if they were lucky. One kid carried the bat to chase down the ball he hit only to turn and run to first after about three coaches convinced him that it was really the thing to do.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• The videos of T-ball Chaos are downright hilarious!

Enjoy the memories (and take some video for blackmail in those pesky teen years!)
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• You know how you generally need somethign like a rosetta stone or just a starting point to begin decoding a language.

We have the first data point for dogs. I'm 99% sure this directly translates to "The f--ck?"

This is one of my favorite videos of all time now.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      The videos of T-ball Chaos are downright hilarious!

Enjoy the memories (and take some video for blackmail in those pesky teen years!)
                      Searching that term (T-ball Chaos) on Youtube brings up one of the funniest videos ever (maybe that was the particular video you meant?). You can watch it 20 times and each time pick a different kid to track or different section of the screen to watch and see something new and hilarious every time.
                      Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 05-15-2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

Searching that term (T-ball Chaos) on Youtube brings up one of the funniest videos ever (maybe that was the particular video you meant?). You can watch it 20 times and each time pick a different kid to track or different section of the screen to watch and see something new and hilarious every time.
                        That's probably the one with the kid getting hit with the thrown ball and doing the spin move as a result? If so, that's the one, ha ha...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That's probably the one with the kid getting hit with the thrown ball and doing the spin move as a result? If so, that's the one, ha ha...
                          Probably is. The kid bats, does a little spin, drops his bat right into a dad's ankle. Batter runs straight to 2nd base. Pile of kids go to ball. Ball comes on an arc out of somewhere and nails another kid in the face. Runner continues toward 3 on a huge arc off the baseline and continues to home, while fielders continue to mill around). As runner nears plate, another kid standing there just sprints top speed towards something off screen. So much going on

Comment

• Who doesn't appreciate a touching Make-A-Wish story.

Comment

• You know you're an adult when the idea of a new vacuum cleaner puts you in a good mood.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Did John Carpenter produce this commercial? Imagine being a parent seeing that and thinking, "You know let's scare the s**t of little Mary this Christmas".

Comment

Working...
                                X