Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'll be that guy. I hate the trend of giant inflatables.

I'm an old and I don't matter though.

Otoh.... same principle

Edit: I'm talking about the 15-foot tall ones that form a wall around some houses now. Every time I walk into costco or menards it's just a wall of seasonal tackiness. blech.
    Haha there’s a hood near me where many of the homes are 2-3M or more each. One of the homes has like 4 cheap HUGE inflatables up each year and they live right next to a wild player. Whenever I drive by I always wonder what tbry think every time they go outside

Comment

• I usually put up lights on the roofline of my house. My back has been screwed since April and have decided to not wrestle a super heavy extension ladder that is necessary to put them up this year. I am incredibly bummed. I love having lights up. There are a lot of things my back has robbed me of this year and honestly it’s pretty damn depressing.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Haha there’s a hood near me where many of the homes are 2-3M or more each. One of the homes has like 4 cheap HUGE inflatables up each year and they live right next to a wild player. Whenever I drive by I always wonder what tbry think every time they go outside
        LOL, god, I'm just complaining about janky *** GDO. I can't even imagine having a $2M house and having to look at the Macy's thanksgiving parade every time I drive by. COuld be even worse since they can afford that lol.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        I usually put up lights on the roofline of my house. My back has been screwed since April and have decided to not wrestle a super heavy extension ladder that is necessary to put them up this year. I am incredibly bummed. I love having lights up. There are a lot of things my back has robbed me of this year and honestly it’s pretty damn depressing.
        Ugh, that blows. Sorry to hear that.... :-(

I'm all for lights. I think lights are amazing. Been wanting to do the same but i'd want a nice fiberglass ladder and that's just not in the budget right now. Plus my fear of heights.... Either way. I think they can look really cool and brings a nice touch to the neighborhood.

There's a line though. I don't want CHevy Chase setting up and pointing 2.5 million lumens at my bedroom window.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'll be that guy. I hate the trend of giant inflatables.

I'm an old and I don't matter though.

Otoh.... same principle

Edit: I'm talking about the 15-foot tall ones that form a wall around some houses now. Every time I walk into costco or menards it's just a wall of seasonal tackiness. blech.
          The skeletons I’m thinking of aren’t inflatables.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Acc...2082/319895536
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            I usually put up lights on the roofline of my house. My back has been screwed since April and have decided to not wrestle a super heavy extension ladder that is necessary to put them up this year. I am incredibly bummed. I love having lights up. There are a lot of things my back has robbed me of this year and honestly it’s pretty damn depressing.
            Other neighbors put up lights? Idea: a friend pools some cash with his neighbors every year and they get together and rent a man-lift for a day and get everyone's lights up without using any ladders.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Some of these skeleton decorations aren't inflatables, they're plastic/metal. My miniature ones are as well.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Other neighbors put up lights? Idea: a friend pools some cash with his neighbors every year and they get together and rent a man-lift for a day and get everyone's lights up without using any ladders.
                Good idea. Unfortunately not many of the neighbors join in my immediate area. There are a decent number of the inflatables dx hates around though. X^D

Maybe I’ll ask around though. It’s possible no one is putting them up for the same reasons.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• :-D

The only thing I hate worse is those stupid laser-on-the-side-of-your-house deals. Despise those. Half because I'm an irrational Scrooge and half because I was once landing at MSP and looked out my window only to be blinded by one. **** that ****. Should be a felony to own one.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

:-D

The only thing I hate worse is those stupid laser-on-the-side-of-your-house deals. Despise those. Half because I'm an irrational Scrooge and half because I was once landing at MSP and looked out my window only to be blinded by one. **** that ****. Should be a felony to own one.
                    Quite a few in my area have inflatable displays. I often walk the dogs at around dawn, and it tickles my Scrooge heart to see them lying deflated face-down on the frozen ground. The Night wins out once again.

Comment

• We started potty training our daughter over the weekend. She was running around the house commando style the whole time. Excitement has never made me so nervous. Farts have never been so scary.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Farts have never been so scary.
                        Then you have never had truly great nachos.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I swallowed water wrong tonight and coughed so loud the doorbell resonated. Weird.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Then you have never had truly great nachos.
                            < chili has entered the chat >
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I swallowed water wrong tonight and coughed so loud the doorbell resonated. Weird.
                              That's... some kind of coughing fit.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

That's... some kind of coughing fit.
                                It was literally just one hard cough. I tried replicating it and couldn't. It must have hit the exact resonant frequency.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X