Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

and a summons.
    And slept with someone you met in the smoking area.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

And if you don't come back with a traffic cone, a raccoon
    and a summons.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The club opens at 1 AM.
    And if you don't come back with a traffic cone, a raccoon, and a few mysterious bruises, did you even go out?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    My body: you don't need to be at the club until 1 AM.

Me: shut the f-ck up, nerd.
    The club opens at 1 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    My body: you don't need to be at the club until 1 AM.

Me: shut the f-ck up, nerd.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Someone liked a tweet of mine from May 2018. I can't even access tweets from that far back. It's a little creepy.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    By his power.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I adopted a feral cat this past Friday and named him Greyskull.

Over the past 48 hours, he's made himself at home and told me that I'm not allowed to leave.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Moved in December 2023.

Couples arguing outside my window provides much better entertainment than Netflix ever could.
    The three years I lived downtown in Boston on the third floor doubled my vocabulary. The words only stop once the cops get there.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Moved in December 2023.

Couples arguing outside my window provides much better entertainment than Netflix ever could.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Going into Costco: I am full of love and light and wish only the best for others.

Leaving Costco: this world can only be cleansed with fire.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    My daughter: "Mom, my butt hurts."
    A few moments later, "Mommy, my finger smells like butt."
    My wife: "...Did you stick your finger in your butt?"
    Daughter: "No."
    Wife: Quizzical look comes across face, "Come here, let me smell it." **Sniffs** "Weird. It does smell like butt."
    Daughter: "I stuck my finger in my butt."

My daughter was not trying to make a joke. That was a sincere exchange.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    We couldn't spell walk even in a different tone of voice. Dogs can absolutely learn to put sounds together. Doubleyouehh or even doubleyou are effectively words to them.

By the time she couldn't hear any more, she'd learned the word, the spelling, the pig Latin, and a couple other words and substitutions.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Last week my family adopted a 1.5yo dog - a miniature schnauzer. The breeder had a sob story as to why the dog was returned, but I’m skeptical.

Regardless of that, my wife was trying not to clue the dog in on the food she was discussing and so she spelled out b-r-e-a-d. I asked her how far the thought the dog’s English classes had advanced.

That is one of the habits that form when you have a preschool child. :-D
    My rescue we adopted clued in on when we would say the word walk and get super excited everytime it was said.

One day in casual conversation, and to not rile up the dog my wife goes "Are you going to take her for a double you eh el kay?"

Her ears perked up and she stood up and stared at me as if to day 'Well, you heard her. Let's go.'

I stared directy into my dogs eyes and said "Since when did you learn to spell words?"

She tilted her head, barked at me as if to say 'heck you,' gave an under her breath huff, circled once, and laid right back down.

I get they understand inflection and tone over the actual words themselves, but part of me believes they do pick words up and understand what we say. I've got other stories from other foster dogs we've had as well. Dogs are a lot smarter than they let on.
    Last edited by aparch; 12-09-2023, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Last week my family adopted a 1.5yo dog - a miniature schnauzer. The breeder had a sob story as to why the dog was returned, but I’m skeptical.

Regardless of that, my wife was trying not to clue the dog in on the food she was discussing and so she spelled out b-r-e-a-d. I asked her how far the thought the dog’s English classes had advanced.

That is one of the habits that form when you have a preschool child. :-D
    I grew up with a mini schnauzer. Just the most stubborn, intelligent, headstrong dog I ever met. Loving and eager to please but sometimes she was a real butt. She was a very good girl.

Make sure you socialize it, even if it's 1.5 yrs old.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X