Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Free of political butthurt since 1999.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    My 41st birthday is on Tuesday.

Last night was Drag Bingo presented by Beauty Beyond Drag. The Executive Director of BBD and I are good friends and the queens have adopted me as one of their own.

I texted my friend yesterday morning, informed him my 41st was on Tuesday, and I wanted a small card signed by the BBD crew. Nothing major, nothing fancy.

So last night, I showed up, not really knowing what to expect. DeeDee Chaunte, the host queen/MC for the evening, asked about birthdays and I raised my hand. I ended up getting not only a card, but a small gift, birthday sash, a tiara that said "Happy Birthday," lots of pictures, hugs, and a party broke out.

I think Season 41 is shaping up to be the best one yet.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I was diagnosed with ADHD last December and started medication in January.

And with the management came executive function. For example, with my MSW, now I'm finishing my assignments well before they're due.
    Glad to hear. Keep on top of stuff and don't use the meds as too much of a crutch. Eventually that procrastination can sneak back in.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

And with the management came executive function. For example, with my MSW, now I'm finishing my assignments well before they're due.
    Thats great to have such success. I have two nephews with ADHD, one being tested and the other going without treatment. Both of them are the same age, but it I night and day in how they act around people.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

I don't understand why he did it but its incredible
    The MN State Fair has a crop art competition. He’s submitted work for a number of years now. Last year was a Yoda portrait, but I don’t recall the work from the years prior to that. He constantly ends up in the top 3.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

That’s it. The man needs this - he’s a Gophers sports fan through and through.
    I don't understand why he did it but its incredible

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    That’s it. The man needs this - he’s a Gophers sports fan through and through.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    This one? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1136...40525353317065

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Anybody here going to the MN State Fair should check out the crop art exhibit. A buddy of mine from hockey usually finishes in the top 3, last year winning it all with his Yoda portrait. This year he made a Super Mario 3 mural(?), and it took him a little more than 400 hours to complete it.
    It won

its beyond incredible

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Random question for the legal scholars here:

The State of Illinois publishes their Fishing Regulation book each year. I try and grab a paper copy if I can find one and also have the PDF bookmarked on my phone. I read this and use this as my basis for making sure I am in compliance with the laws/regs.

Recently it was pointed out that an act that I regularly do (Use a cast net to catch Shad/Carp to use as bait) is LEGAL as it's printed in the Reg Book but when looked up via the actual legislation that is posted on the IL General Assembly page, it includes a stipulation regarding location that is NOT noted in the Reg Book. This discrepancy does technically make my use of a cast net ILLEGAL.

Specifically the difference is the phrase "The taking of aquatic life with a dip net, cast net, or shad scoop shall not be permitted within 100' of the base of any dam". That phrase appears in the legislation, but is omitted from the Reg Book. Obviously the Reg Book is a summary. But many of the other regulations appear verbatim in these two documents.

So here's the question: Do I have a valid legal defense if the Reg Book seemingly allows a looser interpretation of the law than the actual legislation? Like assume that I'm ticketed for using the cast net within 100' of a dam. (And yes, I'm aware that different jurisdictions can be different. I just want to know what is taught in Law 101 here.)

As a Fisherman, I get that it's my responsibility to know the laws and remain legal. But I also feel that by reading the published Regulation Book, I have done my part and that reading/understanding actual legislation is above and beyond my capabilities as a regular person.

Thankfully nothing has happened for me to actually try this defense, but I feel it's something that I believe I should know. The whole reason I keep the PDF AND hard copy of the Reg Book is because I've had LEO (usually Local or non-DNR LEO) straight up not know the basics of the rules in question. Presenting the actual book has helped me on several occasions. With as much as I fish, I feel that this eventually becomes a "when" not "if" scenario =(
    Last edited by RaceBoarder; 09-01-2022, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    MN state fair’s first day. I got there about 8:30, left around 3:00. They started bingo, kicked out the old folks from whatever building that was. My wife is crazy, and crazy about bingo so we played the noon game. I won the first of the five games, prize was a pair of tickets to next the fair next year along with a few cheap bits of fair swag.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I mean, it is.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Does anybody else follow Bad Medical Takes on twatter?

https://twitter.com/badmedicaltakes/...mbvFVglEHXoU0Q

Top comment, “Residual Cum is a great punk band name.”

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I'm holding out for the butter sculpture of the rat erotica from Jon Oliver.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X