This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 NFL Season - I dare Priceless to nuke me

Speaking of cancelling TV shows around the NFL. I wish Hard Knocks would go away, it's stupid. Furthermore who wants to watch the 2-14 Dolphins?

Comment

Saw the other day a Patriot is selling a SB ring. Random thought...the NFL should make receipt of a ring contingent upon only selling it back to the team or NFL for the market price.

It diminishes the aura of all SB rings if any schmuck can buy one on eBay.

So, it would be worth it to buy the handful that come up for sale and keep them off the hands of people who never played the game.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
        Saw the other day a Patriot is selling a SB ring. Random thought...the NFL should make receipt of a ring contingent upon only selling it back to the team or NFL for the market price.

It diminishes the aura of all SB rings if any schmuck can buy one on eBay.

So, it would be worth it to buy the handful that come up for sale and keep them off the hands of people who never played the game.
        Actually, they said that the ring is from a team employee, not a player. The ones that players got looked different from the ones team employees got. So, in all likelihood, it already belonged to someone who never played the game.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Why do employees get rings? I'm not taloking about the coaches or anything, i'm talking the folks who have no direct impact on the game.

Comment

From another website:

"You can really tell that Tim Tebow has become the leader of the Jets. Because every time he throws a pass to a wide receiver, the entire team prays."
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I see the Jersey Jets were in fine form tonight! Bring on the year long FOOTBALL FOLLIES from this team!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedGuy View Post
                Why do employees get rings? I'm not taloking about the coaches or anything, i'm talking the folks who have no direct impact on the game.
                Not all employees, just those with direct team operations: GM staff, equipment staff, training staff, medical staff, etc. The employee rings are much less ornate than player rings, but it does give them something in recognition that the team would never have been able to achieve what it did without their contributions.

Comment

Chad Johnson arrested for headbutting his wife
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'm surprised the 4-letter network hasn't made RG3's Hall of Fame bust yet after his performance.... in a preseason game... against Buffalo.... with only a few of their starters.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                      I'm surprised the 4-letter network hasn't made RG3's Hall of Fame bust yet after his performance.... in a preseason game... against Buffalo.... with only a few of their starters.
                      Check out the Washington Post or ESPN980 (Redskins flagship station owned by Danny Snyder). He is the second coming.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Check out the Washington Post or ESPN980 (Redskins flagship station owned by Danny Snyder). He is the second coming.
                        I'd give him a little more credit than calling him the 2nd coming of Jason Campbell.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          It was apparent on both sides of the ball Buffalo wasnt trying. It seemed like the motto was "Don't Get Hurt"

Comment

Chad Johnson cut by the Fish.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedGuy View Post
                              It was apparent on both sides of the ball Buffalo wasnt trying. It seemed like the motto was "Don't Get Hurt"
                              They want to at least wait until the regular season before something tragic happens.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

The Vikings will be lucky to win 7 games this year but at least they have a kicker that can reach the endzone.

Comment

Working...
                                X