X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 NFL Season - I dare Priceless to nuke me

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    And yet 99% of the people judging these guys can't even define what constitutes "Pass Interference" or "Holding"... They can't even embrace the game at the level it's played at in the NFL...

Don't get me wrong, there is a reason that the replacement guys were working D-II or D-III and not the NFL.... But the amount of emphasis that this is getting is ********... These guys are busting their asses doing the absolute best they can do... The media is just blowing this up in hopes of having a "Holy Roller" or "Immaculate Reception" type of moment to hang on these guys.... I really wonder if they are out to simply embarrass these guys...
    Chris Kluwe isn't the media
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Chris Kluwe isn't the media
      Wishes he was a member.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Kluwe with a more detailed description of how "good" the replacement refs are...

http://deadspin.com/5940689?utm_camp...ium=socialflow
        I foresee no roughing the punter calls going against Jacksonville this weekend.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
          No, those are reserves. As I said above, we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, and 2 DB.

The board's just sorted that way to make it easier to see what people have and need.
          I know. That's still far too many bench players. You shouldn't be able to draft two kickers AND two tight ends and leave the draft party without being mercilessly ridiculed.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I know. That's still far too many bench players. You shouldn't be able to draft two kickers AND two tight ends and leave the draft party without being mercilessly ridiculed.

Well in our league a Free Agent pickup is $5, or the original draft value. So benches are full so that players cost less. Not only that, there are no more FA buys after Week 10, so if something happens to a starter after that, you're screwed. Almost killed me last year. Vick AND Cutler went down and I was without a QB for 3 weeks.
            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

I never liked auction drafts. I'm always afraid of getting Dave Hester'ed by someone.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?eref=BrkNews

Saints players win their appeal. Commissioner can only reintroduce penalties if he has proof beyond a performance pool.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Warcraft's at it again.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    He is so awesome. I hope he never changes.

Although I'm wondering if/when the NFL is going to start fining him for the stuff he says.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

He answers his critics that complained about the swearing in his letter:

http://blogs.twincities.com/outofbou...awing-at-yarn/
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm kind of a little in love with Chris Kluwe right now.

Comment

Chris Kluwe is an exceptional human being and an even better writer. His command of the English language is amazing.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Chris Kluwe is an exceptional human being and an even better writer. His command of the English language is amazing.
                            He hangs out on Reddit as well. He went into a "newbies can ask questions about the NFL" thread and answered a ton of questions.

And he owns a game store and plays Magic: the Gathering.

And he's in a band, Tripping Icarus.

How does a person like this come into existence?
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Oh, yeah. I've been following him for years now.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                He hangs out on Reddit as well. He went into a "newbies can ask questions about the NFL" thread and answered a ton of questions.

And he owns a game store and plays Magic: the Gathering.

And he's in a band, Tripping Icarus.

How does a person like this come into existence?
                                A better question is how does a person like that end up PLAYING in the NFL and not having the jocks in high school beating the crap out of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X