Official XXX Olympics Results - Spoilers Welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official XXX Olympics Results - Spoilers Welcome

Figured we might as well have a separate thread to discuss live results as they happen to eliminate any butthurt complaints from those who still wish to discuss general Olympics stuff in the other thread. 19 sports on tap for today.

Re: Official XXX Olympics Results - Spoilers Welcome

Mens 400 IM prelims .... Phelps cut that really close. Or perhaps he's got a cold/flu?

Comment

The buffering has been terrible online for me. What the hell? If this is a sign of things to come, it will be unwatchable for the finals and such. Good job NBC.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The US has two shooters in the Women's 10M air rifle finals, Sarah Scherer and Jaime Lynn Gray. This will be the first opportunity for a medal.

Comment

China grabs the first medals of the Olympics, with a Gold and Bronze in women's air rifle. Poland gets the Silver. US placed 5th and 7th.

Comment

USA beats South Korea in the Men's Team Archery semifinals, 224-219, after trailing 110-109 at the halfway point. US will meet the Italy/Mexico winner in the finals at 1:00 ET. I assume it will be on MSNBC; the semi was on that channel. You wouldn't think that watching archers shoot at a target would be that exciting, but it is a very watchable event. A match only takes about 20-25 minutes.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Here's a spoiler for Brazil women's soccer: Marta pretended to be hurt but wasn't. I don't need to tell you which game, it applies to all of their games.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post
                USA beats South Korea in the Men's Team Archery semifinals, 224-219, after trailing 110-109 at the halfway point. US will meet the Italy/Mexico winner in the finals at 1:00 ET. I assume it will be on MSNBC; the semi was on that channel. You wouldn't think that watching archers shoot at a target would be that exciting, but it is a very watchable event. A match only takes about 20-25 minutes.
                Agreed very watchable. Italy leads 110-106 at the halfway point. Going to need to make a pretty good comeback here.

Exciting stuff! USA USA!!
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Archery was a great watch. Too bad they couldn't get the gold. First medal for the US a silver.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Archery was a great watch. Too bad they couldn't get the gold. First medal for the US a silver.
                    Tough loss. I got pretty amped up when Italy needed a 9 just to force a tie but the Italian guy just got it inside the 10-mark to clinch the win. Great drama and great match. Definitely tough pill to swallow initially when you liked your chances for atleast a tie but a clutch clutch shot to win it for Italy. Gotta tip your cap to that especially after he shot an 8 on the previous end. Nice rebound.

Silver Medal. Still pretty cool and the USA is now on the board in the medal count.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Tough loss. I got pretty amped up when Italy needed a 9 just to force a tie but the Italian guy just got it inside the 10-mark to clinch the win. Great drama and great match. Definitely tough pill to swallow initially when you liked your chances for atleast a tie but a clutch clutch shot to win it for Italy. Gotta tip your cap to that especially after he shot an 8 on the previous end. Nice rebound.

Silver Medal. Still pretty cool and the USA is now on the board in the medal count.
                      Never been an archery fan, but that was pretty cool.
                      Congrats to the US men on winning the silver
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

So Michael Phelps finishes 4th, doesn't get any medal. That's surprising. Lochte with the gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          So Michael Phelps finishes 4th, doesn't get any medal. That's surprising. Lochte with the gold.
                          So the guy who trained his *** off beat the crap out of the guy who smoked pot and didn't race in the event for three years before deciding to try again. Huh.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            So the guy who trained his *** off beat the crap out of the guy who smoked pot and didn't race in the event for three years before deciding to try again. Huh.
                            Amazing how that works, isn't it?
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              I wish you NBC would hire you to provide race commentary!
                              Last edited by Farce Poobah; 07-28-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X