No announcement yet.

Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    From what I understand, the BETA is in place to ensure that there exists a structure so that people at the school have a place to go if they have a problem and ensure that they get support, to try and prevent people and issues from falling through the cracks. It seems that it DID work in this case, except that the person in question left school before they could do anything, if he had not left school things may have ended differently.

These type of things are mental health issues and that is going to be the only effective way to deal with them. The current system give the individual the strongest protection until the individual displays some definitive danger to others. Sadly this means that in hindsight it is obvious that the individual was troubled, what isn'tis clear how to discriminate between those that will act from those that display similar traits/symptoms and will never act.

In this case, it's clear that the stress of graduate school was taking a toll and his failed oral exam was the "trigger" that set him down the path that resulted in so much suffering and sadness for innocent people.

No system can be made that will completely prevent something like this without completely trampling on an individual's rights and privacy.
    Its the Ron White crazy person joke.

Paraphrasing: 'There are 2 types of crazy people, some people roll their poop into the little balls and eat it. If you're crazy enough to roll your poop into little balls and eat it, then I'll give you food and shelter for your entire life. But if you're crazy and go out and kill people, kill productive members of our society, well, you should have rolled your poop into little balls and ate it instead.'
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Its the Ron White crazy person joke.

Paraphrasing: 'There are 2 types of crazy people, some people roll their poop into the little balls and eat it. If you're crazy enough to roll your poop into little balls and eat it, then I'll give you food and shelter for your entire life. But if you're crazy and go out and kill people, kill productive members of our society, well, you should have rolled your poop into little balls and ate it instead.'
      There was a variation of that in "Hoosiers:"

Coach Norman Dale: First of all, let's be real friendly here, okay? My name is Norm. Secondly, your coaching days are over.
      George: Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.
      Coach Norman Dale: Translate. That some sort of threat?
      George: I don't know why Cletus drug your tired old bones in here, he musta owed you somethin' fierce. Fact is, mister, you start screwin' up this team, I'll personally hide-strap your *** to a pine rail and send you up the Monon Line!
      [George angrily turns and storms out of the gym]
      Coach Norman Dale: Leave the ball, will you, George?

ABC is reporting that the shooter's shrink notified campus police weeks before the event. In doing so, she apparantly broke her confidence with Holmes. Evidently Colorado law permits her to do that when confronted with an imminent threat. Stay tuned.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holme...ry?id=16943858
      Last edited by Old Pio; 08-23-2012, 08:39 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

The more we learn about Holmes the more his case seems to parallel Tuscon shooter Loughner and Woo Tang Klan at Virginia Tech. Everyone knew Holmess was two tacos short of a combo plate yet nobody could or would do anything about it. Pity.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/23...spect-records/

Comment

Apparantly the Aurora shooter was making threats to kill people months before he went on his rampage.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/24...est=latestnews

Comment

Working...
          X