No announcement yet.

Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

Let the lawsuits begin.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-...suit-shooting/
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, if only because the visit must have meant a lot to the folks he talked to. Not so much because of the shooting, but because they got to shoot the sh*t with a really big star. And you're certainly right, one way to look at his appearance is a cynical effort to ameliorate (the entirely undeserved) damage the shooting did to the film and the reputations of the principals. As I say, I'm enough of a Pollyana to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
      I wasn't even that way... I was thinking more on the "hey guys I'm here" style bigfooting.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        1 is probably true and irrelevant... I know I haven't worked in a movie theater but I've been out the emergency exit at least once... sometimes the easiest way to leave the theater... 2... I'm not even sure that's legal and generally doctor's dont coordinate unless you explicitly arrange it... 3... really?
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today."
          Not really, no...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Not really, no...
            Somebody is responsible for the shooting. His name is James Holmes. That's it.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Somebody is responsible for the shooting. His name is James Holmes. That's it.
              He was referring to violence shown in movies and such, I think.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                He was referring to violence shown in movies and such, I think.
                He was, but he was wrong. No one "has to be responsible" for it. It isn't a crime.

Comment

He apparently doesnt have a problem going to watch it himself though. "Movies are too violent....but I am still going to watch them"

Comment

Bale needs to get Holmes in a room and just yell like this. NSFW.

Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      He was, but he was wrong. No one "has to be responsible" for it. It isn't a crime.
                      I agree he was wrong. It's shown because, like Proud said, people like this guy pay to watch it.

I hope any lawsuit in this tragedy is thrown out without hesitation.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Oh, man. That was quick (SFW, but pretty offensive nonetheless):

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...s-saves-lives/

Comment

The late Robin Harris (what a funny man) puts the insanity defense into perspective about 2:45 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TFv2YmowJg

'I killed all them people 'cause I'm crazy.'

"I'm crazy too, have a seat."
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 07-24-2012, 10:25 PM.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Oh, man. That was quick (SFW, but pretty offensive nonetheless):

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...s-saves-lives/
                            That's pretty bad...even for them.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Upgraded charges:
                              The US Attorney's office now says Courtois bought one of his guns, a .223 caliber rifle, illegally at Cabela's on July 20th.

They say Courtois was using both marijuana and "K2," a synthetic form of the drug, but he told Cabela's he was not using controlled substances. Officials also say they found K2 in Courtois' car.

He has been charged with one count of making a false statement in connection with the acquisition of a firearm and two counts of possession of firearms by an unlawful user of controlled substances. He faces a maximum of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
                              It turns out the guy has bipolar disorder for which he has medication. When he took his medicine, he was fine. He stopped taking it a few weeks ago and his family tried to force him, but found they had no legal recourse.

Let's be honest...it was only a matter of time before he did his own version of the Colorado shooting spree. Excellent job by the police...who knows how many lives they saved.
                              Last edited by Priceless; 07-25-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

It turns out the guy has bipolar disorder for which he has medication. When he took his medicine, he was fine. He stopped taking it a few weeks ago...
                                I could be wrong but this seems to be a common component in mass shootings over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X