No announcement yet.

Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    The employer still has to exist...he hasn't been charged with that yet so my guess is they are still trying to find out if they are real or just a figment of his imagination.
    If the employer does in fact exist, I would expect a terrorizing charge to be brought forth. It shouldn't be that difficult to determine whether or not he was employed and by whom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      If the employer does in fact exist, I would expect a terrorizing charge to be brought forth. It shouldn't be that difficult to determine whether or not he was employed and by whom.
      Ever have one of those days where you say "I hate my boss!"? Or "I could just kill my boss!"? Now in this PC, Homeland Security, and TSA world, we'd probably be charged with uttering a threat, or sent to counseling, mediation, or whatever, instead of letting you blow off steam.

And, if you had a weapon in your car, off with you to the gaol!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Saying you hate your boss is considerably different from saying "I'm going to shoot my boss" while in possession of a firearm.

Comment

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...-ross-blows-it
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

And to be complete:
            The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
            Aurora & Gun Control
            www.thedailyshow.com
            ****** style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:416815' width='512' height='288' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'>
            Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              And to be complete:
              The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
              Aurora & Gun Control
              www.thedailyshow.com
              ****** style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:416815' width='512' height='288' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'>
              Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook
              Knock me over with a feather. John S. Liebowitz, the 15 million dollar man, thinks more gun laws is the answer. You know, sometimes you just get gob smacked, know what I mean?
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Ever have one of those days where you say "I hate my boss!"? Or "I could just kill my boss!"? Now in this PC, Homeland Security, and TSA world, we'd probably be charged with uttering a threat, or sent to counseling, mediation, or whatever, instead of letting you blow off steam.

Your post put me in mind of this exchange in "12 Angry Men":

Juror #8: There's something else I'd like to talk about for a minute. I think we've proved that the old man couldn't have heard the boy say "I'm gonna kill you," but supposing...
                Juror #10: You didn't prove it at all. What're you talking about?
                Juror #8: But supposing he really did hear it. This phrase, how many times have all of us used it? Probably thousands. "I could kill you for that, darling." "Junior, you do that once more and I'm gonna kill you." "Get in there, Rocky, and kill him!" We say it every day. That doesn't mean we're going to kill anyone.
                Juror #3: Wait a minute. What are you trying to give us here? The phrase was "I'm gonna kill you." The kid yelled it at the top of his lungs! Don't tell me he didn't mean it. Anybody says a thing like that the way he said it, they mean it.

Which was followed by this exchange a little later:

Juror #8: Ever since you walked into this room, you've been acting like a self-appointed public avenger! You want to see this boy die because you personally want it, not because of the facts! You're a sadist!
                [Three lunges wildly at Eight, who holds his ground. Several jurors hold Three back]
                Juror #3: I'll kill him! I'LL KILL HIM!
                Juror #8: You don't *really* mean you'll kill me, do you?
                Last edited by Old Pio; 07-24-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Your post put me in mind of this exchange in "12 Angry Men":

Juror #8: There's something else I'd like to talk about for a minute. I think we've proved that the old man couldn't have heard the boy say "I'm gonna kill you," but supposing...
                  Juror #10: You didn't prove it at all. What're you talking about?
                  Juror #8: But supposing he really did hear it. This phrase, how many times have all of us used it? Probably thousands. "I could kill you for that, darling." "Junior, you do that once more and I'm gonna kill you." "Get in there, Rocky, and kill him!" We say it every day. That doesn't mean we're going to kill anyone.
                  Juror #3: Wait a minute. What are you trying to give us here? The phrase was "I'm gonna kill you." The kid yelled it at the top of his lungs! Don't tell me he didn't mean it. Anybody says a thing like that the way he said it, they mean it.
                  That's funny. I thought of the exact same exchange. and, of course, the complementary exchange later

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    That's funny. I thought of the exact same exchange. and, of course, the complementary exchange later

Not "funny." Either shared briliance or dementia.

Comment

Not "funny." Either shared briliance or dementia.
                      Probably dementia.

Comment

Pretty neat of Christian Bale to show up at a Colorado hospital and hang out with victims today.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

So Christian Bale shows up in Denver to comfort the victims, etc. Good for him. But this "social media" nonsense that he "owed" that to those folks is off the charts stupid. The man made a movie. Months ago. And to hold him accountable, in even the tiniest way, for what happened in Aurora, really trivializes the devastation wrought by the shooter. And leaves the totally false impression the movie "caused''Holmes to slaughter innocents.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,7435907.story

As I say, good for Bale. Although I'd imagine his reasoning for going was equal parts humanitarian and business. The only apology we're due from Christian Bale is for "Newsies," but I digress.

Remember, in the hours after Columbine, some doofus put up crosses for the victims AND Klebold and Harris! And what do you know, that same idiot also showed up in Aurora. Evidently he plans to make idioting his life's work.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 07-24-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

So Christian Bale shows up in Denver to comfort the victims, etc. Good for him. But this "social media" nonsense that he "owed" that to those folks is off the charts stupid. The man made a movie. Months ago. And to hold him accountable, in even the tiniest way, for what happened in Aurora, really trivializes the devastation wrought by the shooter.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,7435907.story

As I say, good for Bale. Although I'd imagine his reasoning for going was equal parts humanitarian and business. The only apology we're due from Christian Bale is for "Newsies," but I digress.

Remember, in the hours after Columbine, some doofus put up crosses for the victims AND Klebold and Harris! And what do you know, that same idiot also showed up in Aurora. Evidently he plans to make idioting his life's work.
                            Nobody is owed an appearance... I would almost think his presence would be bad taste unless he REALLY REALLY wanted to do it. Not because it wouldn't be good... it is and would be... just weird.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I was careful not to utter that phrase after Columbine and I took butt loads of crap in high school. (Besides, I don't care enough about you [HS] *******s to make that worth my while.)
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Nobody is owed an appearance... I would almost think his presence would be bad taste unless he REALLY REALLY wanted to do it. Not because it wouldn't be good... it is and would be... just weird.
                                I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, if only because the visit must have meant a lot to the folks he talked to. Not so much because of the shooting, but because they got to shoot the sh*t with a really big star. And you're certainly right, one way to look at his appearance is a cynical effort to ameliorate (the entirely undeserved) damage the shooting did to the film and the reputations of the principals. As I say, I'm enough of a Pollyana to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X