Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    All I gotta say is this: you need a license to go fishing, but any two idiots can procreate.
    Great sentiment. Here's the full text of similar sentiments from Keanu Reeves in "Parenthood".

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - h*ll, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a*shole be a father."
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      Great sentiment. Here's the full text of similar sentiments from Keanu Reeves in "Parenthood".

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - h*ll, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a*shole be a father."
      Never seen it. I'll continue believing I came up with that line first.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        I'm surprised anybody's shocked about the presence of kids... all it takes is no sitter and overriding desire to see the movie... we're talking about the general public here. I think we can think of more than few handful of examples of people who would do this.
        So, you don't see a problem with that?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          So, you don't see a problem with that?
          Let's put it this way, how the hell do you think you're going to change that... you're more likely to find better ways to prevent these psychotics than you are going to be able to curb questionable decisions by parents.

Its not that I don't disapprove. I just don't think anybody should be shocked or think its uncommon.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I'm surprised anybody's shocked about the presence of kids... all it takes is no sitter and overriding desire to see the movie... we're talking about the general public here. I think we can think of more than few handful of examples of people who would do this.
            This may come as a surprise, but there are actually people who wouldn't take their baby to a jammed theatre for a late night showing, unless they could find a sitter. Not good for the kid. And certainly unfair to the other patrons. Those who would take an infant to a late night movie are merely expressing the "dot with a circle around it" philosophy. All to common.

I recall with horror the time in Japan when a young mother changed her baby, in a BX cafe, right in front of people eating their food, on a table top that would be used later by other people to eat off of. To say the Japanese manager of the facility had a conniption fit really doesn't describe it.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 07-20-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              Never seen it. I'll continue believing I came up with that line first.
              I know you're not Ward Churchill, man. Notice I said "similar sentiments."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                This may come as a surprise, but there are actually people who won't take their kid to a jammed theatre for a late night showing, unless they can find a sitter. Not good for the kid. And certainly unfair to the other patrons.

I recall with horror the time in Japan when a young mother changed her baby, in a BX cafe, right in front of people eating their food, on a table top that would be used later by other people to eat off of. To say the Japanese manager of the facility had a conniption fit really doesn't describe it.
                I'm not going to excuse it. I think its a poor lifestyle choice borne by people with limited impulse control or limited concern for others in their immediate care.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

And then there are the morons who want to say "I took you to the very first showing of TDKR when you were only 4 months old!" as if it's a badge of honor. There are people who did that with the Star Wars films and I'm sure other movies as well. Like the kid really gives a crap.

Comment

I'm not going to excuse it. I think its a poor lifestyle choice borne by people with limited impulse control or limited concern for others in their immediate care.
                    Once in Houston I was with some friends watching an awful movie. And there were several black folks, jibber jabbering at the tops of their lungs (nobody even think about taking offense, this tendency has been discussed and parodied endlessly in movies and on TV. There's a whole scene on the phenomenon in one of the "Scary movie" films). And their conversations were totally unrelated to the film. Finally, I'd had enough and suggested they "put a cork in it." And was relieved when several other people spoke up, too.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 07-20-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      And then there are the morons who want to say "I took you to the very first showing of TDKR when you were only 4 months old!" as if it's a badge of honor. There are people who did that with the Star Wars films and I'm sure other movies as well. Like the kid really gives a crap.
                      These are also the same dingbats that feel the need to dress up to see these movies.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        My mom took me to see Star Wars when I was just a few months old, but that had more to do with my then 9-year-old brother than it did with me. I was told that I stayed quiet throughout the whole movie, too. The difference here being that I was born in July, Star Wars was released a little over a month before I was born, and I'm sure movies were quite the same experience back then with the lesser technologies available - probably not as loud.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          These are also the same dingbats that feel the need to dress up to see these movies.
                          But not before they've spent several days camping out in the theatre parking lot. For one of the "Star Wars" sequels Leno said afterward: (paraphrasing) "Now they can go back to their extensive program of masturbation."
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 07-21-2012, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Why the fuck can't everybody just concentrate on the lives lost and leave their moronic politics at the door for once?
                            Not picking a fight with you in particular. I've heard various forms of this argument all day, and I just can't wrap my head around it.

Maybe I'm revealing myself as a fundamentally not-nice person, here, but this attitude -- to me -- just smacks of . . . I dunno . . . emotional weakness or something.

The conversation I have with someone else in a bar in South Florida will not do anything to ease the pain being felt by victims. It's not going to make it worse, either. Anyone who knows me knows that the last things I'd ever endorse would be simplistic arguments about how this episode proves this or that, and everything all would have been better if only (this or that policy).

But to say that it's inappropriate to have any public conversation? I just think that says more about us, in general, and our need to inject ourselves into situations that fundamentally don't involve us. Like we're living vicariously through cable news or something, doing our part to help the healing process by not asking any questions and just thinking happy thoughts.

To heck with happy thoughts. If you want to help, I'm sure the Denver area Red Cross is accepting financial donations. The local blood bank is always accepting donations. Yet everywhere I look or listen I see people whose main priority seems to be to make themselves feel better. Bah.

/misanthrope
                            Last edited by amherstblackbear; 07-21-2012, 12:17 AM.
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              My mom took me to see Star Wars when I was just a few months old, but that had more to do with my then 9-year-old brother than it did with me. I was told that I stayed quiet throughout the whole movie, too. The difference here being that I was born in July, Star Wars was released a little over a month before I was born, and I'm sure movies were quite the same experience back then with the lesser technologies available - probably not as loud.
                              For one of the Superman movies (IIRC) a buddy and I decided to see the first showing and took time off to see it in the afternoon. We had a mutual friend we knew would be calling, breathlessly wanting to be the "first" to see it. His disappointment when he called was so profound we nearly stopped laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                The only part I disagree with that is the part where his mom said "you got the right guy" so obviously she knew he was crazy...yet did nothing.
                                While I can see how Drudge's typically misleading headline could have created that impression, if one reads the entire exchange it's rather apparent she's referring to the fact they had contacted the mother of the right guy - as up until that point she was either not aware this occured or not aware it was her own son that had done it.
                                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X