No announcement yet.

Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rampage in Colorado Movie theater.

I think he fully comprehends what is going to happen to him. He's probably near-genius in terms of his intelligence. He gets it and while I agree the questioning is probably exhausting, he already looks like he's haunted by the demons of what he's done.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I think he fully comprehends what is going to happen to him. He's probably near-genius in terms of his intelligence. He gets it and while I agree the questioning is probably exhausting, he already looks like he's haunted by the demons of what he's done.
      Unless I hear him give some statements, I don't think he's haunted at all. I don't necessarily think he takes/took "pleasure" in his crimes, but I don't think his crimes weigh on his conscience. Given his intelligence, he knew the results. He knew what it would look like. He might have even imagined how it felt.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/alleged-colora...opstories.html

So, after the earlier crap with ABC news this wouldnt suprise me at all. According to Holmes mother that line "You have the right person" is completely out of context. She said that to an ABC news producer who called her (she had yet to hear anything from police that her son was arrested for this and Mosk was calling her while she was still asleep). This is how she says it went:

He [Mosk] asked if I was Arlene Holmes and if my son was James Holmes, who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered yes, you have the right person. I was referring to myself. I asked him to tell me why he was calling and he told me about a shooting in Aurora. He asked for a comment. I told him I could not comment because I did not know if the person he was talking about was my son and I would need to find out
        The producer, Mosk, of course claims that he told her that her son was the shooter and that is when she said the quote. There is no recording of the phone call at all. She certainly could be backtracking but at this point due to some sloppy "journalism" from this producer we will never know.
        Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 07-24-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          This kid looks like he's been up for a few nights straight after fully realizing the brevity of the situation and how his once promising life is over. It's like this completely blindsided him as if he expected a different result. For a fraction of a second while watching the video, I actually pitied him.
          I think it's possible to pity him for his wasted life and for his torment to come, even while fully believing that he has that torment coming and that he deserves no better.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Maine police stop potential copycat...

******* id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:****** name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" />****** name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />****** name="flashVars" value="videoId=1750291014001&playerID=1684512073001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACC1lJjE~,eO0k1bjplevyL8YPi3NQcc QnZmHFkpb9&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" />****** name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" />****** name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" />****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />****** name="swLiveConnect" value="true" />****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />****** src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1750291014001&playerID=1684512073001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACC1lJjE~,eO0k1bjplevyL8YPi3NQcc QnZmHFkpb9&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">

BIDDEFORD, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- State Police say Timothy Courtois was driving 112mph on the Maine Turnpike with his emergency flashers on, when an officer pulled him over Sunday morning. State Police Spokesman Steve McCausland says they found an AK-47 assault weapon, four handguns and several boxes of ammunition, in Courtois' car.

State Police say that during routine questioning at the stop, Courtois threw some red flags in his behavior. Among them, police say he had purchased the black Ford Mustang he was pulled over in the day after the shooting. Police say Courtois told them he planned to modify the vehicle so it could outrun police in a chase.

Courtois told police he was on his way to Derry, New Hampshire to shoot a former employer.

McCausland says police then searched Courtois's home, at 344 Elm Street in Biddeford, and found several additional guns, a machine gun, and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Also found in his car were newspaper clippings about the shooting at the Colorado movie theater. Police say that Courtois told them he had attended "The Dark Knight Rises" on Saturday night at Cinemagic Theater in Saco, with a loaded gun in his backpack. Police tell us that the guns found in the car are the same kind of guns used in the Colorado shooting.
            Impressive arsenal
            *****http://media.dtsph.com/sites/wcsh6.com/files/imagecache/story615/120723023759_COURTOIS_20GUNS_0.jpg******
            Last edited by Priceless; 07-24-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Not familiar with Maine law, but does possession of all those weapons constitute a crime?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Not familiar with Maine law, but does possession of all those weapons constitute a crime?
                No idea. Holmes didn't commit a crime until he pulled the trigger.

ETA: All this guy has been charged with is criminal speeding and having a concealed weapon.
                Last edited by Priceless; 07-24-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Don't know, but saying he was going to shoot someone probably gives them all they need to get at least something on him.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I'm not going to pass judgement until someone from the NRA gives me the important facts, like how much money he saved by being able to buy all that ammo in bulk.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Don't know, but saying he was going to shoot someone probably gives them all they need to get at least something on him.
                      Just saying you are going to kill someone is not a crime.

Comment

From what I understand, 3,000-cartridge purchases aren't that large. Some outlets require at least 1,000 cartridges minimum for an order.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          http://www.mainelegislature.org/legi...7-Asec210.html
                          According to that, it's a class D crime; that means it's up to a year in jail and a $2k fine (had to look up what the **** a class D crime is).

Priceless, communicating a threat of violence against someone is a crime according to that link.

For those who are too lazy to click:
                          §210. Terrorizing

1. A person is guilty of terrorizing if that person in fact communicates to any person a threat to commit or to cause to be committed a crime of violence dangerous to human life, against the person to whom the communication is made or another, and the natural and probable consequence of such a threat, whether or not such consequence in fact occurs, is:
                          A. To place the person to whom the threat is communicated or the person threatened in reasonable fear that the crime will be committed. Violation of this paragraph is a Class D crime; or [2001, c. 383, §11 (AMD); 2001, c. 383, §156 (AFF).]
                          B. To cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or facility of public transport or to cause the occupants of a building to be moved to or required to remain in a designated secured area. Violation of this paragraph is a Class C crime. [2001, c. 383, §11 (AMD); 2001, c. 383, §156 (AFF).]
                          Last edited by Bakunin; 07-24-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                            http://www.mainelegislature.org/legi...7-Asec210.html
                            According to that, it's a class D crime; that means it's up to a year in jail and a $2k fine (had to look up what the **** a class D crime is).
                            Only if the former employer (if he even exists) believed this guy was going to kill him. Hard to terrorize someone if they don't exist or don't think you're a credible threat

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Only if the former employer (if he even exists) believed this guy was going to kill him. Hard to terrorize someone if they don't exist or don't think you're a credible threat
                              Read the statute again. His former employer doesn't have to be threatened directly. He only needs to make that threat and be witnessed making it by someone else who believes his threat is a credible one. "Place the person to whom the threat is communicated in reasonable fear that the crime will be committed" is the applicable phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                                Read the statute again. His former employer doesn't have to be threatened directly. He only needs to make that threat and be witnessed making it by someone else who believes his threat is a credible one. "Place the person to whom the threat is communicated in reasonable fear that the crime will be committed" is the applicable phrase.
                                The employer still has to exist...he hasn't been charged with that yet so my guess is they are still trying to find out if they are real or just a figment of his imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                X