What would happen if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if...

The Hockey's Future Boards' moderators were on USCHO?

If you are not familiar with those heavily moderated message boards, you can get an infraction for saying "Toronto Sucks" or "Asham is a goon." I was permanently banned in 36 hours for three infractions.

Would anyone here still be around?

Re: What would happen if...

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    Few of the best posters would survive, that's for sure.

Comment

If you are not familiar with those heavily moderated message boards, you can get an infraction for saying "Toronto Sucks" or "Asham is a goon." I was permanently banned in 36 hours for three infractions.

36 hours must be some sort of record. If I gave a d*mn about them (and if there was at least a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni in it for me) it might be worth trying to break it. Who runs the thing? The LDS church?
      Last edited by Old Pio; 07-13-2012, 12:57 AM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

What would happen if.....

Ben Bernanke spoke his mind?

"Everyone knows that monetary policy cannot solve our current economic problems! I am getting really annoyed with all of the politicians of both parties, pointing fingers and posturing, while doing nothing to address the very serious fiscal problems we face. If anything, politicians of both parties are making things worse!

"We all know what's really needed: government spending as a % of GDP is out of alignment! We need both to increase the rate of growth in the economy, and also to reduce the amount spent by the government. It's insane in these circumstances to talk about raising anyone's income taxes, we live in an interconnected world and there are unexpected consequences to rash actions.

"All this talk about 'income inequality' is at best misguided. What matters far more than the distribution of income is the well-being of our citizens! What good does it do to reduce income inequality if the result is to make the lives of the poor even more miserable than it is now? The lowest paid player on the Chicago Bulls in 1996 made more money than the highest paid player on the Chicago Bulls in 1986 even though the income inequality became more pronounced because of Michael Jordan's salary, but so what? I'm not defending income inequality at all, and I don't want to get distracted about 'trickle down' or 'job creators' or any of this other political claptrap, because it's all a big distraction taking our attention away from what really matters, and that is solving our very serious fiscal imbalances. No one wins if we are all worse off, and unless we both reduce the rate of increase in government spending and also increase the rate of economic growth, nearly all of us are seriously screwed!

"So stop looking to us for another round of easing or for us to buy any more mortgages or engage in another round of 'quantitative easing.' Monetary policy has done all it can do. Let's face it, we have tough choices ahead of us!

"The best thing we could do for this country is to acknowledge that everyone has to sacrifice something today, in the short run, for the promise of a better future for each one of us. There just aren't enough resources available to do everything we want to do, and what we really need is a national 'grand bargain' in which everyone contributes something so that no one feels cheated.

"Clearly the politicians cannot deliver, and so we need statesmen and stateswomen from other walks of life to step forward and deliver the compromises we all have to make to revive the economic engine that made the US such a special, great nation."
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

No. What are you, ******** stupid??

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

hfboards sux for those reasons.

The mods are overly heavy-handed and control freaks. They continually close and move threads and warn people about certain lines of criticisms. In addition, most of them are also active posters, so they can post whatever they want.

Surprisingly, I have never been banned there or even warned.

I usually only look at the Blackhawks section anyway and rarely post there.

The sad thing is that the hfboards Blackhawks forums are more tolerable than the official Blackhawks forums. The mods on the official boards are almost worse and Chicagoans are largely doosh-bags when it comes to their teams.

Comment

I'm pretty sure most of us would be banned from hfboards faster than Old Pio can type "raghead".

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              The sad thing is that the hfboards Blackhawks forums are more tolerable than the official Blackhawks forums. The mods on the official boards are almost worse and Chicagoans are largely doosh-bags when it comes to their teams.
              Serves you right for rooting for a Chicago-based team.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                I'm pretty sure most of us would be banned from hfboards faster than Old Pio can type "raghead".

Serves you right for rooting for a Chicago-based team.

First sentence made me laugh.

Second part - when I watch the games or go down for one, I can't help but feel that I'm not really one of "those" people. And I'm not (anymore) having lived now in Wisconsin longer (25 years) than I lived down there (18 years).

Thankfully, the Hawks are the only team from down there I ever liked.

Comment

I wouldn't last.

Hell, around here I only got a warning for busting out wounded knee in a UND score thread.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I got warned twice at HF for "creative swear filter avoidance" or something like that. Because I put s***.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      I got warned twice at HF for "creative swear filter avoidance" or something like that. Because I put s***.
                      I'm rarely over there and am usually good for a couple warnings/thread bans a year as is. I figured my time there was limited when I look on the main page during the 2011 playoffs and there's a warning at the top saying "If you refer to Luongo as 7uongo, you'll get banned."

Like wow, Vancouver fans are whiny farkers. I put up with Joe Thornton/Sharks choker jokes for most of a decade and I'm still intact, but a little mockery of your goalie and you snivel to a point where everyone else gets banned.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

...Michele "Nut Job" Bachmann opened her mouth? Well...we've had superfluous clues in the past
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                        X