Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Copied this from my post on GPL:

I've never seen this before, but I left home and got on the highway behind a plow with a tank of water on a trailer. I then watched as the plow moved the trailer into the right lane and the plow stayed in the left. The trailer had a plow along the entire right side of it. It plowed both lanes on 694 at the same time. It wasn't down to the pavement completely, but enough to drive safely on. The axles on the trailer pivoted and the trailer arm was rigid and actuated. Very cool!
    Sounds like a form of Echelon plowing. Did it look like the tiny photo on the left of this site? http://www.mrdc.ca/inside/jpage/1/p/...ing/content.do
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

And it's a great morning for my snow blower to die!

I've got my handy PDF spec sheet up, but who knows. This stuff doesn't come naturally to me. My dad would probably look at it, hit it with the little sledgehammer, and tada off it goes. I'll be nerdily removing and inspecting spark plugs unnecessarily for hours.
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Sounds like a form of Echelon plowing. Did it look like the tiny photo on the left of this site? http://www.mrdc.ca/inside/jpage/1/p/...ing/content.do
        Very similar. I've always loved echelon plowing. Cool to watch five or six plows in formation just destroying the snow. It's cool to see they can do an ok job in the middle of the storm with a single plow for an entire two-lane highway.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

OK, I have been seeing these threads for several years now, and I sometimes read them. I have one question, "What do you mean by 'arguing' in the title?" I see a lot of discussing but no arguing. Arguing is what I have been particpating in on the RPI and Union threads for the last week.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            OK, I have been seeing these threads for several years now, and I sometimes read them. I have one question, "What do you mean by 'arguing' in the title?" I see a lot of discussing but no arguing. Arguing is what I have been particpating in on the RPI and Union threads for the last week.
            Read this page through the last page for just a sample:
            http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/...319&start=2550

It gets especially interesting around January 6th and last week when the school closings start because of the cold.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Its something I threw into the original title when there was a lot of Minnesotans having a heated discussion about the current weather they was having. Figured it would keep it out of the Lodge.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It gets especially interesting around January 6th and last week when the school closings start because of the cold.
                For those didn't want to read... lots of "Back in my day..." posts
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

As Biddco wrote it is a lot of what is or did happen here, not arguing.

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Its something I threw into the original title when there was a lot of Minnesotans having a heated discussion about the current weather they was having. Figured it would keep it out of the Lodge.
                  Now that makes sense.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Arguing is what I have been particpating in on the RPI and Union threads for the last week.
                    Just as a follow-up, arguing is a heated debate. What you guys were doing was bickering.
                    Code:

Comment

Like most things, it was better back in the day... The current thread has nothing on the "Hey Duluth/Superior" thread
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

So now I'm wondering if the roads will even be cleared by the time I leave at 3:30 this afternoon...

Comment

Fixed the snow blower! Thank you, thank you.
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            So now I'm wondering if the roads will even be cleared by the time I leave at 3:30 this afternoon...
                            Nope.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                              ok, i have been seeing these threads for several years now, and i sometimes read them. I have one question, "what do you mean by 'arguing' in the title?" i see a lot of discussing but no arguing. Arguing is what i have been particpating in on the rpi and union threads for the last week. :d
                              Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.

m: I came here for a good argument.
                              A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
                              M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
                              A: It can be.
                              M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
                              A: No it isn't.
                              M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
                              A: Look, if i argue with you, i must take up a contrary position.
                              M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'no it isn't.'
                              a: Yes it is!
                              M: No it isn't!

A: Yes it is!
                              M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
                              (short pause)
                              a: No it isn't.
                              M: It is.
                              A: Not at all.
                              M: Now look.
                              A: (rings bell) good morning.
                              M: What?
                              A: That's it. Good morning.
                              M: I was just getting interested.
                              A: Sorry, the five minutes is up.
                              M: That was never five minutes!
                              A: I'm afraid it was.
                              M: It wasn't.
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                Fixed the snow blower! Thank you, thank you.
                                You added gas, didn't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X