Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Is this where I complain about it being 77 F in New Orleans this afternoon?

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      Is this where I complain about it being 77 F in New Orleans this afternoon?
      *chucks an old boot at hp1015*
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The whole naming of storms that aren't hurricanes or tropical depressions really irks me, and I think I have an ally at the weather service. The storm that's scheduled to hit sometime Sunday is named Orko. And there's only one place I've ever heard that name before:

*****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Orko.jpg******
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          The whole naming of storms that aren't hurricanes or tropical depressions really irks me...
          How well do you handle spilt milk?

Comment

I agree. The Weather Service naming winter storms is pure stupidity. Hate it.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I agree. The Weather Service naming winter storms is pure stupidity. Hate it.
              Its not the national weather service. Its only the weathre channel thats doing it.

Comment

The Weather Channel should just disappear. They took Weather Underground over and destroyed the Wundermap. They destroyed one of the greatest home user weather tools ever invented. The Weather Channel is on par with Nancy Grace in my book.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Either way, they ripped off Barreiro.

And he was much better at it.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    How well do you handle spilt milk?
                    Just fine, thanks.

I don't like the naming thing because it goes towards this trend that everyone needs to recognize how every moment of THEIR life needs to be categorized and shouted out to the world for all to see and appreciate. It's a snow storm. We've had hundreds of them in my lifetime with hundreds more yet to come. Unless the storm has the capacity to remove rooftops from buildings (beyond that of the Humptydump), it doesn't deserve a name.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

A blizzard doesn't deserve a name unless it can produce pictures like these:

*****http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5050/5257613285_22a4287282_o.jpg******
                      *****http://cmsimg.sctimes.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DR&Date=20100829&Category=NLETTER02&ArtNo=108290004&Ref=V1&MaxW=300&Border=0&Lingering-ice-jam-backs-up-river-floods-homes-1965-storms-floods-cripple-Minnesota******
                      *****http://www.greenskychaser.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/snow_car_2.jpg******
                      *****http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5241/5257613307_0b435ebb5a_o.jpg******
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        A blizzard doesn't deserve a name unless it can produce pictures like these:

*****http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5050/5257613285_22a4287282_o.jpg******
                        *****http://cmsimg.sctimes.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DR&Date=20100829&Category=NLETTER02&ArtNo=108290004&Ref=V1&MaxW=300&Border=0&Lingering-ice-jam-backs-up-river-floods-homes-1965-storms-floods-cripple-Minnesota******
                        *****http://www.greenskychaser.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/snow_car_2.jpg******
                        *****http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5241/5257613307_0b435ebb5a_o.jpg******
                        My aunt lives out on the edge of the prarie (cormorant, mn) they got 21 inches of snow and has a drift over her barn. I only got 17 inches of snow here
                        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Go you Green and White
                        Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Fight with all your might!
                        Rah! Rah! Rah!
                        We are here to cheer you
                        We are out to win your fame,
                        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Not really that upset the snow basically missed us in the metro. Kids got to make a pretty awesome snowman though which should last until April.

Comment

Drove from Duluth to Minneapolis to catch a flight yesterday right in the middle of the worst of it. It wasn't horrible, we averaged 40 north of Hinckley and progressively faster as we got closer to the Cities.

Comment

Orko was friggin lame.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

The snow was just enough to make this worthwhile while not having to white-knuckle on the way to the hill:
                                *****http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/382330_4903484437458_1029300931_n.jpg******

The pure joy they show here is priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X