Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

It was 65 outside yesterday and I had my home windows wide open. It's 28 and snowing right now in Farmington. My windows are closed.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I moved to Minneapolis from Maine yesterday, I guess I can participate in this thread now, haha.

Glad it was warm for the move, and very glad I got all moved in before it started downpouring.
      UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
        I moved to Minneapolis from Maine yesterday, I guess I can participate in this thread now, haha.

Glad it was warm for the move, and very glad I got all moved in before it started downpouring.
        Welcome and remember we are not nice, we're passive-agressive.
        What brings you here? Where in Minny are you living?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
          Shouldn't you be calling it a, "wicked pissah"? Also if you want to assimilate you need to rent Fargo and adopt the accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            Welcome and remember we are not nice, we're passive-agressive.
            What brings you here? Where in Minny are you living?
            Haha I have heard that Minnesota-Nice is just passive-aggressive.

I got furloughed from my job in Portland, Maine, but got a job with Delta out here at MSP. I'm living off of the Hiawatha Line, midway between downtown and the airport.

My sister moved here in May, and I have a close friend that goes to Northwestern and lives in St. Paul, so I've gotten used to the accent.
            Last edited by UNH GH; 11-11-2012, 01:43 PM.
            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              Getting a very good soaking right now on the east side. My lawn will be happy.
              Pond is finally coming up. Hope it stays up so we don't have to cross 20 feet of frozen bottom to reach the rink like last year!
              eta; Welcome UNH GH.

Comment

Looks like north of six inches...possibly 7 or 8 in my driveway. Still coming down hard. About time for my first shoveling workout of the season.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

About 12 inches here, and its still coming down pretty steadily.

Neighbors plowed and shoveled about 4 hours ago, now there is another 4-5 inches of snow on their driveways. Idiots. Why bother until it is all over?
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Neighbors plowed and shoveled about 4 hours ago, now there is another 4-5 inches of snow on their driveways. Idiots. Why bother until it is all over?
                    If you have to go somewhere it's worth the effort, or if they're not confident that their plow can handle all the snow at once. I don't know. Why don't you ask them?
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      If you have to go somewhere it's worth the effort, or if they're not confident that their plow can handle all the snow at once. I don't know. Why don't you ask them?
                      I live in Ham Lake. Everyone has 4x4, my neighbors especially. There is no problem driving in 12 inches of snow. If they can't handle 12 inches of snow, they need better snow removal equipment. I've done 18" with my 4-wheeler.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

It can pack down and and make the driveway slick...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          It can pack down and and make the driveway slick...
                          4x4. You've seen my neighbors, that isn't a problem.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think I've surpassed the 12" maximum prediction I read this morning. Too deep for this old fart to shovel. Prepping the power snow removal equip.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Between 18 and 24" here.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Just over 12" in Eagan.
                                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Working...
                                X