Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Since this is the closest we have a to miscellaneous Minnesota thread, has anyone here flown Sun Country and if so, how is it? I have a conference in Minneapolis in June and it's the only one with a flight arriving at a decent time, but I've never heard of it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I've heard of it. Haven't heard complaints, off the top of my head, so I think that's good.

Edit: FTR, I've pretty much only flown Frontier for the past few years, so I can't really compare/contrast.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Since this is the closest we have a to miscellaneous Minnesota thread, has anyone here flown Sun Country and if so, how is it? I have a conference in Minneapolis in June and it's the only one with a flight arriving at a decent time, but I've never heard of it.
        Sun Country has been around for a while. They discontinued operations for a while after 9/11, but restarted. Haven't personally flown them, but haven't heard anything bad about them either.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I flew Sun Country once. It's a MN-based company, started off as a charter carrier, then it opened up to more commercial that focused on vacation destinations, and then Tom Petter, the owner at the time, pulled a smaller version of the Bernie Madoff scam and is sitting in a federal-pound-him-in-the-arse-prison right now. I flew it once back in the day, but not since it sold so I can't comment on what you could expect these days.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I personally prefer it. Smaller terminal, good in flight service, never had any issues with price or bad customer relations.

I should say that my last two flights were Southwest Airlines and Delta, and well, I'd still prefer Sun Country. Southwest does let you check two bags free, I believe.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Compared to what it was? It's terrible.
              The Weather Channel website.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Flew Sun Country once out of Minneapolis to somewhere in Florida but it was back when they were a charter service.

The only thing that came of it is that I'd never fly a charter service again.

Sardines.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  I fly Sun Country all the time, I prefer it over Delta that is for ****ed sure. Good prices and zero hassles.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Thanks all! Just wanted to check it was legit and not something where I have to get out and push the plane to get it off the ground. If you see someone on the UMTC campus with a Cornell hockey shirt in the first week of June it's probably me.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Thanks all! Just wanted to check it was legit and not something where I have to get out and push the plane to get it off the ground. If you see someone on the UMTC campus with a Cornell hockey shirt in the first week of June it's probably me.
                      What conference?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        What conference?
                        You should know that by now, it's in the EZAC.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Remember that scene in Miracle when they hit the moose....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            The Weather Channel website.
                            Oh, they've been terrible for as long as I can remember.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sun Country is a good airline. The Weather Channel has a horrible site.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Sun Country is a good airline. The Weather Channel has a horrible site.
                                Decent summary of the last few pages.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X